The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Pissflaps said:

He said what he said less than a year ago. Either he is very thick, or genuinely is a piece of dirt. He didn't need to say all this my club bullshit yet he did, knowing he was planning to leave as soon as the right deal appeared.

And again I was called melodramatic for saying this a few days ago. For all those that said I am how do you feel now? He's going. He has screwed us over by not agreeing until after playing his little fun games with shitty England and having a holiday.At least Delph was told to go by villa. This is far far worse.

Now we have a hole to fill and will get crushed by inflated prices. 

Oh and now we can start thinking about who will be next. Konsa, Martinez, Watkins? Where will it end now we have shown we can't keep hold of players and improve a side.

Frustrated doesn't even cut it 

When he said that he hadn't played for England in different countries with top class players. Now he's had a taste and wants more. 

All we need now is Deano to get sacked after a poor start to the season and we can permanently say goodbye to the fairytale dream. 

All I want as a fan is that glimmer of the old days, pre-oligarchs and Sky money. Today that Dream’s taking a hammer blow. 

I’m sure Jack will have regrets about leaving, even if he wins the quadruple for the next 10 years. He’s a Villa fan but that comes second to being just another typical footballer. All about the brand, personal success and money. To be fair I can’t blame him either. 

On the up, bankrolled by very aggressive and ambitious owners with a player that bleeds claret and blue and we still couldn't keep him. We never had a chance at keeping the likes of Young and Milner did we? Life goes on.

10 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Interesting POV

This sort of thing annoys me to be honest. He's without doubt a fantastic player and is up there with the best players in the league. We all know that. £100 million doesn't seem like a "remarkable deal" to me and with 4 years still left on his contract I'd like to have thought we could have squeezed a bit more out of City for this one. 

I think it's a deal that could easily represent outstanding value for City if he can produce the form that he was here for them. 

• Thanks 1

It seems that the Irishman, Shin Splints McGralish, who always dreamed of playing for England as a boy, is leaving to join his dream club. As he said less than 12 months ago, “my club, my City, my home.”  It has always been his dream move and once he’d decided his favourite colour was sky blue and not red, he did what so many City fans have done over the last few years. He said, “I can’t wait to sit on that famous bench.”

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Silly. If Grealish was moving from Leeds or West Ham to City you wouldn't bat an eyelid and you'd probably say he has to go to win trophies. You've the emotional connection to the player because it's our club and it's clouding your judgement. Don't make it personal. Buendia bangs in a hatrick next week you'll forget fairly quick.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Interesting POV

I have been thinking about this too (not the money aspect, just in general). We know the talent he has and the "potential" (if you can call it that when he is just about to turn 26...), and the way he gets us off our seats with his breathtaking runs, through balls, etc., but in terms of accomplishments? Not much, although in writing this maybe that's why he feels he has to move...

Edited by a-k

Thinking from the heart it is sad that a local lad who has worked his way up from the youth team to captain the club has decided to pack it in just when things look like they are getting good.

However, from the head, Grealish is not without his issues. The frequent headlines about his drinking and the regular lengthly injuries indicate he’s not going to be able to be relied on to build a team around. On top of that, £100m really gives us huge flexibility when it comes to FFP. It could be the catalyst that finally allows us to push on. 

The cold business decision says now is the time to cash in.

Heartbreaking, this is. Feel like I'm going through all the stages of grief. Shock, denial, pain, anger. But the upturn is this. We've still got a Villa fan who will remain loyal and will always do what's best for the club. That man is Dean Smith. You can take our Jack, but you'll never take our DEEEAAANNNOOO!!! I have every faith that he'll see us right. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

honestly couldnt give 2 hoots about Grealish if he leaves, my main concern is:

a) it doesnt negatively impact the squad, and,

b) we get the money invested back in the squad asap.

A. I don't believe it does if it gets done promptly.

B. Yes. I think we were gonna spend big even if he stayed.

Either we break into the top 6 regularly or we get used to this losing our better players to the likes of these muppets , mid table security will make us a stepping stone ,the money invested well this could be our time , as for grealish good player but in all honesty wish you had gone sooner , week before the season starts ffs

1 minute ago, Shirtman said:

Spot on. I think this is something that Southgate doesn't like. He is trying to build a squad of committed and humble players. If Grealish goes, I'll be more sympathetic to Southgate's stance.

Yes, i think Southgate, however frustrating he can be with his tactics at times, sees something deeply unpleasant about the character of Grealish. Its probably nothing personal, but Southgate seems like someone from yesteryear, who even if you disagreed with, or he disagreed with you, would stand firm in his stance and be civil. If he said something he probably would have stuck by it. Someone who is dependable etc....with Grealish, I am not sure he has that same confidence.

If we are honest with ourselves as well, Grealish should not really have been Villa Captain. it was more because of his boyhood connections with the club rather than his talent as a leader. Mings or Martinez would have been the better choice, Grealish sometimes got petulant with other players and snapped at them.

I'm probably being out of order in some respects but he has hurt all of us unfortunately and left us at the worst time. I won't boo him but I wont applaud either.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

When he said that he hadn't played for England in different countries with top class players. Now he's had a taste and wants more. 

He'd have all that here too. At the end of the day it's probably just money and the lure of instant success.

1 minute ago, TheMelvillan said:

to think we protected those shins of his at the expense of our league position so that he could play at the euros for england and realise his dreams :bang:.

should have stabbed him full of painkillers and made im do his job for us

ye, some truth in this prob.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheMelvillan said:

to think we protected those shins of his at the expense of our league position so that he could play at the euros for england and realise his dreams :bang:.

should have stabbed him full of painkillers and made im do his job for us

Good point 

Â