The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

24 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Sky sports reporting a deal is close to being agreed. So a deal hasn't been agreed yet heh!? Im beginning to think these journos don't know anything and are scrapping for headlines... Again.

5E731399-0399-494C-86D5-81A6674002AA.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, HongKongVillan said:

The only way to heal this wound is to win the league on the last day of the season with a win. Won't happen but can dream.

Although more likely adding salt into wound

Imagine what will happen if Grealish takes a dive on that game and wins a penalty that stops us getting in to Europe.

1 minute ago, ReasonforRevolution said:

Genuinely feel for you, mate. You should enjoy these times because it's the stuff of dreams. You'll have witnessed Wright-Phillips and players leaving. Not that it's on the same scale. I was having a good chat with some older City fans at the final a few years ago. True gents and grounded. But the large majority acted like Man Utd fans of yesteryear. Arrogant, condescending, and spoiled.

Understand believe me, there's many I won't follow (and block) on twitter because of that type of attitude.

Real City fans know where we came from, the problems and ups and downs we encountered from the late 70's to 2008 and the like.

In those years we lost good players to the better teams, so know how it feels.  You never forget where you came from....unless you were never there.  

• Like 3

If we're honest with ourselves as fans, yes Grealish has been a fantastic player for us, but its undeniable that he likes the flashy, celebrity, love island me me me culture and undoubtedly is swayed by the type of people who lack conviction and principles.

He has never been the home town hero, salt of the earth character that is humble and downplays things, like Alan Shearer or a true great who spent their whole career underachieving. We have to accept that this is the time we are living in now. Someone will step up to the plate and will probably get better stats then Jack did last year, if buendia can play 12 more games than him then he will score more and get more assists.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Never even liked him anyway, thought he was rubbish. Not bothered. Not bothered at all. Honestly.

That STUPID STUPID STUPID hair always annoyed me

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Seriously, do one. No one cares. 

I do. I appreciate polite fans of other clubs.

12 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

when this moving to 'Other Football'

When it's confirmed on the OS

9 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Maybe he knows his shin issue is more serious and he won't be able to play much longer so wanted to give us a 100mill parting gift. Legend.

I think there's something in that. Not with the shins, more that we need better quality all over the pitch and I'm sure he knows he's certainly not leaving us in the shit by having 100m for him.

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Interesting POV

I think it's too cheap. The point above from Matt is also correct. Which is why I think Pep sees him in the same way we do - a footballer with an old fashioned romantic style and was willing to pay a lot of money for someone with a worrying recurring injury, not much international experience and no CL experience. 

3 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Don't worry lads, we'll be going through the same thing next year when we lose Raph 

We've got some money burning a hole ;) 

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

JACK GREALISH LACKS AMBITION AND HAS TAKEN THE EASY ROUTE is what the headline should be.

Silly. If Grealish was moving from Leeds or West Ham to City you wouldn't bat an eyelid and you'd probably say he has to go to win trophies. You've the emotional connection to the player because it's our club and it's clouding your judgement. Don't make it personal. Buendia bangs in a hatrick next week you'll forget fairly quick.

honestly couldnt give 2 hoots about Grealish if he leaves, my main concern is:

a) it doesnt negatively impact the squad, and,

b) we get the money invested back in the squad asap.

We move on and try and enjoy the season,  it might be really good,  we don't know,  that's the amazing thing about football.  

Good luck to JG and Man city for the season.  There is no point me getting angry or bitter,  I have no influence on the outcome.

Just now, TheMightyVillans said:

Last time I felt this disappointed was When Benteke left however I wished him the best as our club was in shambles and he deserved a chance on the big stage.

Grealish has left at the worst time possible as his boyhood club is on the rise with endless possibilities. He is the one that is meant to be a Villa fan. A very sad ending indeed.

It will be one of the great what ifs in football for the romantics of the sport. Instead, he sold out at the first bit of interest instead of seeing where the possibilities could lead. 

1 minute ago, Villatillidie95 said:

If we're honest with ourselves as fans, yes Grealish has been a fantastic player for us, but its undeniable that he likes the flashy, celebrity, love island me me me culture and undoubtedly is swayed by the type of people who lack conviction and principles.

He has never been the home town hero, salt of the earth character that is humble and downplays things, like Alan Shearer or a true great who spent their whole career underachieving. We have to accept that this is the time we are living in now. Someone will step up to the plate and will probably get better stats then Jack did last year, if buendia can play 12 more games than him then he will score more and get more assists.

Spot on. I think this is something that Southgate doesn't like. He is trying to build a squad of committed and humble players. If Grealish goes, I'll be more sympathetic to Southgate's stance.

• Like 2

Â