The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

It has been for years and the money is to blame. Modern day players do have professional pride and even in some cases, a love for certain clubs, but those things are all subjugated by money.

You are right, there is no loyalty any more, so it is much better that everyone wises up and we don't repeat the wasted emotional energy we've all been expending for the last few days.

100% this

After Yorke, Barry, Milner, Benteke I always thought I’d never get sucked in by a single player again. Jack’s done that to our fanbase though which is why it’s so disappointing.

This is the effect of having a player so superior to the rest of the team though; we now have to build a full team of top quality players that negates the loss of an individual going forward.

• Like 1

Wes Edens learning the hard way that football doesn't work like other sports.

This will be a teachable moment for our owners.

Jack Grealish has been the cornerstone of their strategy for this club from day one.

How they respond to his loss could determine our trajectory as a club for a long time to come.

Just now, est1874 said:

Jack Grealish has been the cornerstone of their strategy for this club from day one.

How they respond to his loss could determine our trajectory as a club for a long time to come.

Yep. Lerner became disillusioned by it quite quickly, just hope we don’t go back to the same place.

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Need to update my FB cover photo and get that snake off 

already unfollowed him on all social media

zero interest to what he's got to say for himself

• Like 1

Just now, AXD said:

Agreed, he did not do that alone. He did have a big impact though.

He did - but it doesn't excuse the fact that he'd be making a club ahead of us stronger and the gap between us wider, for his sake alone. 

If he turns his back on us like this, then the only reaction that makes sense to me is respond in the same way. 

• Like 1

Gutted if (or when) he goes.

I think if he hadn't been training this week and training on his own as advised by the club then it would have been a lot easier to take, but to see this dragging on all week has just made it 1000 times worse.

I've supported Villa for nearly 40 years and he's the best player I've seen so it's a tough one to take.

I thought I would wish him well when he left but for me, he's made his bed and whilst I appreciate the lure of Champs League, Pep, KDB ETC was an extremely tough decision he's left (leaving) us and our "project" one year too early. 

Reading comments throughout on Blue Moon and they don't deserve him, hope he fails miserably.

2 minutes ago, Ginko said:

None of those links are positive in my eyes. What a tremendous waste of money they would all be — none of them would strengthen the team in my opinion.

I remember when Platt left and Big Ron went for Richardson, Parker and Mortimer to replace him in midfield. Underwhelmed wasn't even close!! Anyway.....shows how much I knew !!

Trust the club guys.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, El Zen said:

League Cups and FA cups are still trophies. And I genuinely believe we’re not too many pieces away from being top 4 material. 

That and a lifetime supply of cash should be plenty for any Villa fan to choose Villa. 

like i said in my other post i disagree i think man city can elevate him to a level that we simply cant because of how modern football now is, the spotlight they can give him, which he might consider worth more than money, we cant compete with it

i think he's on the brink of being the biggest name in english football, man city will push him over the edge whereas we cant

dont get me wrong its **** shit and i hate it but the PL in my mind is noncompetitive bullshit that sky et al spin in to something that its not, we're talking about the champions and losing CL finalists spending £250m on the leagues best 2 non top 4 players just because they can, we are not competing with man city not even close, its a rigged game

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I think they're way ahead of you, mate. 

• Like 1

Â