The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

That's the thing as well, his ability is top levels and if he stays fit and improves even more he could go on to be on of the in the world. Especially after the 2 biggies head off in to the sunset.

Exactly. He could be one of the all time great players in Europe. ...who wouldn't want a crack at that. ?

Sensibly he goes to city. 

Against that. Things haven't been so good at villa for many many years. We have an absolute top notch keeper - and one of the divisions best strikers in Watkins. He has hero status and is a nailed on starter.

Tough call.

• Like 2

This is utterly bonkers everyday this BS carries on were getting closer to Watford game.

We have young and beundia signed, Bailey imminent.

We should be playing our strongest team against Sevilla ready for Watford.

One player who is superb is actually holding us back now sick and tired of it.

Just now, villan501 said:

This is utterly bonkers everyday this BS carries on were getting closer to Watford game.

We have young and beundia signed, Bailey imminent.

We should be playing our strongest team against Sevilla ready for Watford.

One player who is superb is actually holding us back now sick and tired of it.

One of the world's richest clubs are offering £100m for one of our players. To me that shows the club is doing something right .

It weren't so long ago we were discussing if Hogan was good enough.

• Like 1

I for one will not be the one pulling the splinters out of jacks ass from sitting on citys bench...if he goes well good luck and dont let the door hit you on the ass.

The Team is bigger than grealish and we need them to be together so they can pick up the pieces and move on.

sick of it all at this stage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Why do we have to announce we rejected a bid. We could easily refuse and city ask us to keep quiet to agitate kane. Which we'd do because spurs are competition for top 6 atm.

Because that puts an incredibly harsh spotlight on Jack. Why would Villa push that level of attention on Jack to help City unsettle Kane. It's hilarious how many knots people will twist themselves into to justify a narrative that suits them. 

I always go back to Occam's Razor for stuff like this. Just keep it simple. Transfer deals can take weeks. Sancho's took over a year. This deal could shatter the British transfer record. The fact that the negotiations are dragging on should be expected. At least that way we know that the club did its due diligence on getting the best deal possible. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Agreed. I don't think there's evidence he's leaving. 

I think there's clear evidence that this is a deal city are trying to get done. And common sense tells me that if that's the case It means Jack is open to it. 

Everything else is speculation. 

Also Villa have spent 300m+ in three years building a team around Jack, and the owners and management don’t want to sell him, don’t need to sell him and don’t have to sell him.  They have also invested into a five year contract with Jack which he’s only less than a year into.

• Like 1

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

Because that puts an incredibly harsh spotlight on Jack. Why would Villa push that level of attention on Jack to help City unsettle Kane. It's hilarious how many knots people will twist themselves into to justify a narrative that suits them. 

I always go back to Occam's Razor for stuff like this. Just keep it simple. Transfer deals can take weeks. Sancho's took over a year. This deal could shatter the British transfer record. The fact that the negotiations are dragging on should be expected. At least that way we know that the club did its due diligence on getting the best deal possible. 

Exactly. As I said yesterday think how long it takes to buy a £200k house.

£100m is serious cash - all parties will want everything checked in triplicate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Also Villa have spent 300m+ in three years building a team around Jack, and the owners and management don’t want to sell him, don’t need to sell him and don’t have to sell him.  They have also invested into a five year contract with Jack which he’s only less than a year into.

People forget that part

Only signed a 5 year contract a year ago, now if we were pissing about not progressing or buying young talent then yeah he might have some justifications in wanting to leave 

As it stands we have no idea what's going on or who's doing what but if he is trying to leave then I wish he'd gone last year 

I will stick my neck on the line and state that Jamie Gray is not the attention seeking type, and isn’t trying to be controversial. If he says it then I believe he has heard something credible.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

All of this... which is why I would be surprised if he goes. If he was likely to go then why parade him in villa gear so publicly over the past few days?

24 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I get the feeling he'll stay but not sign a new deal.

His agent will sign an extra year regardless, this guarantees money for a year, Jack could do a cruciate tomorrow and be done for 18 months and never be the same player.  There's no way your scenario ever plays out, it's a pay rise and guaranteed money.

22 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Question. Do we erect a statue of @Fairy In Boots if Jack goes?

No I'm not special I just know someone who knows stuff about it,  currently it's looking like it will out that we've reached a deal tomorrow evening early Thursday. Medical Thursday / Friday 

What I've said about this has been agreed before Christmas from a personal terms point of view is accurate, we've tried but ultimately we're trying to convince a bloke who's out the door.  One thing I will say is we will all be hurting, don't buy the crocodile tears and fluff pieces that come out, it's a professional PR team not him on Insta or twitter. I'll go into more detail once the furore dies down, too many eyes on this forum / villa social media at the moment.

Long story short the Villains (not Villans as they've not acted like it) of this piece is the Grealish Family and Stella agency. I would recommend staying off social media when it goes through as it will be full of City plastics gloating that they've ripped our heart out.

I think this will be a kick in the bollocks for us, i'll be gutted this will hurt and i won't be able to stomach him in that kit or the media after with their condescending nature over it either.

JWP though will be in off the back of it, Cantwell rumour has legs also.

Edited by Fairy In Boots
  • Like 1

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Which would suggest Grealish was full of it when saying he was buying into the project.

Or.. he did believe in it and signed up to it. Had his best ever year and became atleast a £100m player. He probably didn't anticipate being valued at that by another club so soon. It's here. It happened. Now he has a decision to make.

Hopefully he makes a great one for us and for that project. I anticipate he probably didn't expect to be in this position a year later. We probably valued him at £80m last year - most other clubs or fans would've said £60-70m - and thought we'd done great things at £100m release clause.

Turns out we probably should've got a £150m release clause (or none) but if it's there it's because Jack and his agent desperately pushed for it.

6 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Which would suggest Grealish was full of it when saying he was buying into the project.

Marketing fluff.

Had there been an acceptable offer from United he would have gone IMO.

• Like 4

Need clarity soon. If Jack's not going to be involved at Watford, he needs to be sitting training out or do his own stuff. We've a game to prepare for and our focus needs to be total. I'd absolutely love if he's involved and stays. If he isn't, we need to focus on the squad and get the prep right for next Saturday.

• Like 4

Interesting chatter on 5Live about this move. Both ex-pro's commenting (didn't catch their names) said they don't think there's much truth in the situation, can't see where he'd fit in, or why he would be needed at City, and whether or not the story is really about City getting the Kane signing over the line by panicking Daniel Levy into letting Harry Kane go after all. Something about this fits the current limbo and lack of response from anyone.

look at it this way. if we were the buying club in this situation, presented with multiple official reporters suggesting the deal is close, would we be bothered by nothing more than twitter talk of the deal collapsing without any substantiation?

unfortunately, the writing is on the wall

13 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

His agent will sign an extra year regardless, this guarantees money for a year, Jack could do a cruciate tomorrow and be done for 18 months and never be the same player.  There's no way your scenario ever plays out, it's a pay rise and guaranteed money.

No I'm not special I just know someone who knows stuff about it,  currently it's looking like it will out that we've reached a deal tomorrow evening early Thursday. Medical Thursday / Friday 

What I've said about this has been agreed before Christmas from a personal terms point of view is accurate, we've tried but ultimately we're trying to convince a bloke who's out the door.  One thing I will say is we will all be hurting, don't buy the crocodile tears and fluff pieces that come out, it's a professional PR team not him on Insta or twitter. I'll go into more detail once the furore dies down, too many eyes on this forum / villa social media at the moment.

Long story short the Villains (not Villans as they've not acted like it) of this piece is the Grealish Family and Stella agency. I would recommend staying off social media when it goes through as it will be full of City plastics gloating that they've ripped our heart out.

I think this will be a kick in the bollocks for us, i'll be gutted this will hurt and i won't be able to stomach him in that kit or the media after with their condescending nature over it either.

JWP though will be in off the back of it, Cantwell rumour has legs also.

Not sure which part upsets me most, Jack leaving or Cantwell signing!

Notice how yesterday when mood in general was more positive that he might stay, Collymore and Andy Gray's son weren't talking about him leaving or bids having been accepted, they're basically just following the general mood and predicting what will happen based on that.

Â