The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, useless said:

Why do people think Grealish is going to get a statue outside the ground if stays with, unless he does something remarkable like captain us to a League title or European Cup win then it isn't going to happen. It's quite demeaning to the club to suggest that players should get a statue just for being a good and for not leaving.

Because the assumption is that if we keep him past the age of 28/29 it's likely we would've won something by then to match his ambitions.

For me I'd be a lot more comfortable letting him go in a season or two if our progress has stalled, but we're still improving year on year, and if Jack stays a part of that he could well end up with a statue.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how he'd know, but if what Collymore says is correct then it seems that City have bid we've accepted and now it's up to Grealish. Might make some sense, as he'd want some time to decide, and would probably explain why he's still training as whether he decides to stay with us or Man City he still needs to prepare for the season.

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yep. 

How many players get the opportunity to end their career with a statue outside the stadium and a club legend? 

Especially at the club they've been at since a kid. 

It's a huge thing to throw away for chance of medals. Medals now will be success to him but which would mean more 30 years from now?

Not only that, but there's never been a better chance to win trophies with this team. This isn't the Lerner era where we're fighting relegation every season. And they'll be that much sweeter than any number of trophies he could win at City. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, darrenm said:

It could well something along these lines:

City enquire about if Grealish would be open to the move on these rough terms through his agent. He indicates yes.

Agent advises Villa that City will be making a bid of around £100m and that Grealish is open to the idea of moving under the terms. The club advise that if Grealish wants to go for that money and a bid is made they'll put a new contract to him alongside City's terms and allow him to make the decision. The club think £100m is about the right value for them to build without him.

City and their journalists get word that the transfer is on because Grealish has accepted terms in principle and that the club will accept the bid if it comes in.

City make the bid, Sam Lee and others are cocksure about the formality of little old Villa lying down in front of the might of City.

Villa accept the bid in terms of value only, present new terms for Grealish to stay and allow him to make the decision.

In the meantime, the reality of the move sets in with Grealish. His family, his grandad, all the Villa supporting celebs who love him for being Mr Villa and the very real problems of empty trophies playing with world class players Vs a statue outside Villa Park. And that Villa's business is actually genuinely exciting.

Perhaps he's now actually torn and is taking time to decide.

I think this is probably very accurate. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

If that's true, why are we negotiating with them at all. That's what I want to know. The message should be loud and clear: it's £150m or nothing. Put the money down or piss off.

My guess is that £100 million number was agreed upon when jack signed the new deal last year just never formalized. 

So I guess Villa could behave like Levy and act like no agreement was ever made but I think we have chosen the more honorable path here. 

• Like 1

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

If they're good enough, if they achieve enough they become heroes, legends, if he lifts those trophies, will his talent he can become our greatest ever player. 

He gets a statue all day long for me.

How many trophies does he have to win?  There's a certain romance in a Villa lad captaining us from the second tier to Europe and potentially a domestic cup win, but we don't have a statue commemorating any of our greatest glories. It'd take something absolutely massive for Grealish to get one before the squad of 81/82.

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

My guess is that £100 million number was agreed upon when jack signed the new deal last year just never formalized. 

So I guess Villa could behave like Levy and act like no agreement was ever made but I think we have chosen the more honorable path here. 

Still begs the question, why are we negotiating? If the figure is clear and cut and dry then we tell City it's £100m up front or bog off. There shall be no negotiation or encore.

Fact of the matter is, if Jack goes and we replace him with say Jonathan David and he scored more than 10 goals in the season and the likes of Bailey and Buendia chip in with 10+ because we are no longer a one man band, would we miss Jack? He doesn't score lots of goals so if he goes and replace him with goals he'll hardly be missed, right? 

Just now, Villarocker said:

Fact of the matter is, if Jack goes and we replace him with say Jonathan David and he scored more than 10 goals in the season and the likes of Bailey and Buendia chip in with 10+ because we are no longer a one man band, would we miss Jack? He doesn't score lots of goals so if he goes and replace him with goals he'll hardly be missed, right? 

Your logic is right but it’s still not if that makes sense 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

How many trophies does he have to win?  There's a certain romance in a Villa lad captaining us from the second tier to Europe and potentially a domestic cup win, but we don't have a statue commemorating any of our greatest glories. It'd take something absolutely massive for Grealish to get one before the squad of 81/82.

As Nassif said, the sky's the limit. IF we win X trophies then yes build it.

I'd build a statue for Mortimer and co tomorrow if aloud.

Some might argue that if you took Grealish out of our team and replaced him with Buendia and Bailey that we're already stronger, never mind what we could do with the extra £100m. Not sure I agree with that.

31 minutes ago, est1874 said:

If that's true, why are we negotiating with them at all. That's what I want to know. The message should be loud and clear: it's £150m or nothing. Put the money down or piss off.

tpZHC3g.jpg

Edited by Delphouneso
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, useless said:

Some might argue that if you took Grealish out of our team and replaced him with Buendia and Bailey that we're already stronger, never mind what we could do with the extra £100m. Not sure I agree with that.

Maybe in time but they haven't even played a game for us yet. Let's give them some time to warm up into the team.

We can't just tell Citeh 100% upfront.  Transfers don't work like that. If we did that we might end up with a really pissed off Jack Grealish who will feel that we've obstructed his move. 

If we offer them "reasonable" payment terms which they won't agree then Jack has to accept we've tried to accommodate it but they are the bad guys here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TomIsADeftone said:

He said it last week also, suggested a week is the timeline to find a deal. 

Is this to allow villa to source replacements?

Could be but I don’t think it’s for the buying club to set a timeline. More like an attempt to push Villa/Grealish into a hasty decision.

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

Well we also haven't rejected the bid so it's the most logical assumption. 

It could quite simply be in Jack's hands to make his mind up. It's all speculation. 

Jack's staying , we are using the suspense to build the media frenzy and will announce  his new deal before the first game.  We are going for it .

Man City aren't that untouchable.  They beat us with a shit offside decision  last season.

It doesn't matter what Man City win,  its all plastic trophies and a rich Arabs dream , Jack will help make villa a real force in the PL and Europe. He's brought into the dream . UTV 

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He’s the club record goalscorer, pretty fine achievement if you ask me.

Nah, totally different level to what we are talking about.

If's are what we're saying, if Jack captains us to multiple trophies, incl Champs League, I know, I know,  IF IF IF, at the end of his career should we build a statue honouring him, I say yes.

Â