The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I never understand this, he's young playing for his boyhood heading towards the higher end of the biggest league in the world, captain, has attained international recognition now.  He's going to get a massive payrise, massive commercial deals, can get anything he wants from the club, the club revolves around him, he's by his family and he loves the Villa.  This as children is all most of us ever wanted and he's living it, he is living his dreams. 

My dream was to play, captain and be the superstar for Villa as a child (and adult 😂) and drive them to the top, my dream wasnt as soon as I had established myself at Villa to then move to another club and win trophies.  Jack will have had the same desire, being a Villa fan all his life.  Yes playing with KDB and winning trophies is great and ultimately what people want to do but how much that child wants to do it with Villa and being the focus of everybody at Villa is a massive pull.  He could even spend a year or two more at Villa then move to an elite club but with everything going on at the Villa at the moment and his status, playing and earning at the Villa, why the hell would you want to leave.

I would also argue for his career staying here another season or so will help.  He's still learning at this level which is amazing but Villa are doing everything to aid that but he's only had two (what I would call) adult seasons in the PL (ignoring pre relegation) and so he's still learning.  Going to Man City, he could easily flop, could easily not get much game, could easily be stifled....he should succeed but big players have failed before Torres at Chelsea for example.  Whereas at Villa he will only get better, not only because he naturally will get better but because we put better players around him.

As for money who cares if it's a British record, we dont need it, we dont want it and if anything it wouldnt cover the value that we get for Grealish being at the club both on and off the pitch from playing getting us up the league, the additional games on tv because of him, the commercial revenue from his shirts, attendances and general marketing and finally Jack will attract top class talent to the club because he's here.  So the money wouldnt be enough!

Nick he's either trolling or is a nose. Same dude that raised the idea of moving to Dale End ffs.

1 hour ago, David-Copenhagen said:

I have not chosen to believe anything. I am just sick and tired of all the fans saying "he is off" based on stupid rumors. 

I said I'm open the possibility he could be off because it's perfectly possible.

And what I have said is different to the thing that makes you sick and tired.

You shouldn't let other people's perfectly reasonable view points affect you that much.

Went for few too many Friday night beers go home look at FB and people freaking out about Grealish going because of Sun and Daily Heil. It's all dribble just like JWP to Villa. Same easily susceptible people freaking out or pre celebrating over bollocks rumours

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He will still be the grand old age of 26 at the end of this season. He will want European football next season, 100%. We have to push on again. 

Agreed, I think this season is make or break in terms of keeping him long term. Still has long enough left on his contract we can get a good fee, but we'll need to show him that he's going to be able to compete at a high enough level to keep him happy, I think. 

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

Agreed, I think this season is make or break in terms of keeping him long term. Still has long enough left on his contract we can get a good fee, but we'll need to show him that he's going to be able to compete at a high enough level to keep him happy, I think. 

If we finished 6th this season and he was to be given even more assurances that we are going to go hell for leather towards breaking the top 4 the following, there's a chance of one more. 

Finish 9th or something and he will undoubtedly push for a move. In which case, fair enough. Fuckity bye. 

We won't though, if the next couple in are of the same quality as the last few we will smash the doors down IMO. 

• Like 2

We want 500m a year… for 5 years…

and Jack is contractually forbidden from playing against us or at Villa Park in any fixtures whilst playing for or representing the colours or badge of any other Godforsaken club…

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Went for few too many Friday night beers go home look at FB and people freaking out about Grealish going because of Sun and Daily Heil. It's all dribble just like JWP to Villa. Same easily susceptible people freaking out or pre celebrating over bollocks rumours

Definetely more than a few seen as last night was Thursday night.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

isnt that the same as every season and the same for the likes of Martinez, Konsa and Watkins.  If we dont keep improving even those guys will be off. 

There is nothing to see here

If we crash next season then players including Jack will want to leave, if we continue to progress players like Jack will want to stay.  I dont think it's make or break, its just normal football.  It will also be whose interested as well...Man U last season, this season Man City, there maybe nobody next season seriously or maybe next season Man City, Barca, Real Madrid and Chelsea all throwing 150m at us.  Also being devils advocate if Jack has his typical season of being injured for a third of the season then there will likely be less interest at the values of 100m so even less chance of him leaving.  Apart from 19/20 season, Jack only plays about 2/3 of the season for us so injuries may hinder any deal.  It's all ifs and buts but until them there is no decision to be made or thought about.

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

This is nothing more than groundwork for next year. 

City NEED a striker. They have an embarrassment of riches out wide. They won't spend 250 million in 1 window. 

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheMelvillan said:

After all the bad times, relegations, crap managers, crap teammates, criminal and/or incompetent owners, thrown cabbages, cancelled goal of the month competitions, why would he leave now when his club are in the best shape that have ever been in?

Makes no sense to me. He could have gotten a move any time he wanted before now. He has had to endure such rubbish since his career began with villa. He will now be excited to read the benefit of all that now

110% this. 

• Like 1

Â