The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I thought he had a great first half but didn't show for the ball as much. I also thought England broke a few times out wide and he had no urgency about him, instead let others overlap while he covered. Really weird. 

If he's not still injured or struggling his play is being seriously impeded through instruction. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah Jack hasn't hit the levels he was at before his injury. No more complaining here if he doesn't start a game again, he's not done enough with his two chances in my opinion

I get that he’s not played to his usual high standards, but he won the penalty in his first start and created the only goal of the game in his 2nd.

He has done more than the majority of the other forward players.

• Like 3

Bang average but, so what? Prefer him to be fresh for next season after a strange and long 20/21, followed by his lay off with injury.

You have to remember, these lads likely have the WC next year too. It's non stop football.

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He just doesn’t run around much. The winger beats his man and his pushing on and Grealish is just ambling up the field. I watched him so closely tonight and honestly, he was way off it. 

There’s something seriously wrong with those shins of his because he is not the Grealish we all love at the moment. 

I honestly don’t feel he justified inclusion in the next game. Mount will come back, as will Foden. 

arent Mount & Chilwell out for the next game also?

Just gutted for him.... Showed all the time to receive the ball but was ignored time and time again. Several times he pulled out wide on the left wing and Sterling or Shaw looked at him, stopped and played backwards.

Not sure how you can perform if you aren't given the ball in the positions on the pitch where you've made your name.

• Like 1

Did well first half. Quiet second half but we never got him the ball. We weren’t as fluid overall second half. Probably reigned in by Southgate as 1-0 was enough. 

Think Smith has spoilt us by continuing to look for more goals. Not Southgate’s style at all. 

• Like 1

I don't think it matters who Sir Jack plays for, Big Nose doesn't like these kind of players.

I hope we lose the next game, and i hope he goes sooner rather than later.

We have some very good young players, but this big nosed clearing in the woods is the anathema of attractive football

Sterling definitely does not pass to Jack. He also gets in his way most of the time. Thank goodness we only have one more game of this left. I have never been so bored watching England in a tournament. 

• Like 1

Theres no worries with Jack as far I'm concerned. Temp was slower second half for some reason. Yes he could have gone hunting for the ball more but he might have been going with the flow of the game and following instructions. Team mates weren't looking for him. Perhaps he was a bit L tired too who knows. Regardless, still proved why he should be involved! 

That England team is **** shite. The front 4 are irrelevant when it takes half an hour to get the ball to them. Bunch of crabs. Comparing to how the Germans move the ball its like championship compared to champions league. 

Edited by villanmac
  • Like 1

Weird game for Grealish, didn't see him bust a gut to get in the box when we had possession which was disappointing, seemed like he played more defensively today, was that Southgate's instructions. 

Also at one point seemed reluctant to shoot, when at Villa he probably would have.

Â