The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Lol, going with the ‘pain free’ line this week are we? 

I can’t remember so much absolute drivel being spouted by a club and an injury to a player before. 

I thought he was ‘back on the grass’ in March? And what about that hat trick in the 5 asides this week? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Lol, going with the ‘pain free’ line this week are we? 

I can’t remember so much absolute drivel being spouted by a club and an injury to a player before. 

I thought he was ‘back on the grass’ in March? And what about that hat trick in the 5 asides this week? 

I agree they have been far from perfect but if you have had shin splints in the past  you’d understand the unknowns around it healing or thinking it had healed and hadn’t as some of us discussed a few pages back who have had it ourselves.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

I think Grealish commits to next season with the hope we can qualify for European football, if not, then I really don't see him staying for another season. Imagine he lights up the Euros, you can bet your bottom dollar that the likes of Madrid, Juventus and Barcelona will come sniffing. 

With what money? 

• Like 3

So let me get this straight;

On May 4th, Jack said he was about a week to 10 days away from returning, which meant either tomorrow or Palace.

The club say he was in training before the Utd game and had scored in training.

Gregg Evans tweets yesterday/puts out an article that he was in line for the 18 tomorrow and may even start.

Smith today says he's fit enough for the 18 but probably not to start, and he'd been training Saturday (before Utd as previously said) and yesterday, with presumably no training at all on Monday as it was the day after a game.

Why won't the club be straight with us and let us know roughly when he'll be back!?!?!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

On May 4th, Jack said he was about a week to 10 days away from returning, which meant either tomorrow or Palace.

Gregg Evans tweets yesterday/puts out an article that he was in line for the 18 tomorrow and may even start.

Smith today says he's fit enough for the 18 but probably not to start, and he'd been training Saturday (before Utd as previously said) and yesterday, with presumably no training at all on Monday as it was the day after a game.

Why won't the club be straight with us and let us know roughly when he'll be back!?!?!?

They have done? He will either be in the 18 for tomorrow or the 18 for palace

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

They have done? He will either be in the 18 for tomorrow or the 18 for palace

Yes I know, sarcasm doesn't always come across well in text :blush:

Just taking the piss after seeing comments again implying the club haven't been clear about it, when they have, especially considering they're never that clear about anything really.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Like 2

I remember when the rumour broke on twatter just before the Leicester game. It said he’d be out around 3 months and it was the same injury as he had in the championship. Then Deano has consistently said its not a serious injury and not long term. Who’d have thought the rumour would be the more accurate detail.

Cant wait for the ordeal to be over with. Its been a horrible few months watching us struggle to perform. Cant wait to put this trauma behind us now 😆 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Because the club don't know, it's pretty simple. 

It's an injury that requires time to heal and can re-occur when doing the thing that caused it in the first place, running.

He's now back training, but the club need to see how the injury and body reacts to the training load. Prior to the Fulham game he trained and the injury re-occured; he then had to re-rest before starting his comeback again.

Sometimes our fans baffle me. It's frustrating but it's an unfortunate part of the game. There's absolutely no point in Smith giving a date of return to the media when he actually doesn't know when Grealish can return.

• Like 1

I think social media is fuelling part of it, but it's not that deep, and easy to overthink and read too much into. The club is right to over cautious, and speculation is pointless. There's a degree of managing expectations and nobody wants to rush him back. Nor is it some secret, or a ploy to join another club. Injuries can be complex, with competing recovery times, and like many others, recovery can be hindered in unexpected ways. It's nobody's fault. The abscence of information shouldn't, in my opinion, mean insulting the club or Dean. It's the hand we've been dealt. I guess a minority will never be satisfied.

Whether he comes back or not for the last few games, it must be incredibly concerning for Jack.  Imagine he has another setback.

Potential to be the best England player in over 20 years, and could find his career is forever limited to 20-30 games per season. I hope for Jack's sake, more than ours, that he gets a few games and shines at the Euros. Could be a case of what could have been and a repeating scenario for years to come if he doesn't do either.

I noticed he didn’t make Neville or Carragher’s teams of the season despite comfortably being in the best 2 or 3 players in the league until his injury

short memories these pundits have 

"Not fit enough to start"

This isn't a Grealish point, but I've never quite understood that philosophy with injured players returning. Especially key players.

Surely, you DO start them. They then play 60 minutes or however long they can survive. But if you use them as a sub the risk of them breaking down after 5 minutes means you waste two subs. Furthermore, they can impact the game and get the team ahead - not coming on probably chasing the game.

If they're not fit enough to start then my view is they're not fit to play.

Is there a footballing reason for bringing injured players on at the end of games rather than the start of them?

Edited by jackbauer24

9 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

"Not fit enough to start"

This isn't a Grealish point, but I've never quite understood that philosophy with injured players returning. Especially key players.

Surely, you DO start them. They then play 60 minutes or however long they can survive. But if you use them as a sub the risk of them breaking down after 5 minutes means you waste two subs. Furthermore, they can impact the game and get the team ahead - not coming on probably chasing the game.

If they're not fit enough to start then my view is they're not fit to play.

Is there a footballing reason for bringing injured players on at the end of games rather than the start of them?

If you are winning the game easily or losing easily you don’t have to risk him but if you need a bit of creativity you can bring him on plus the opposition is tired towards the end of the game and thus Jack may have more impact.

Or giving him 20 minutes at the end of the game may not to be to impact that game but to improve match fitness for a later game because he already has minutes behind him.

2 hours ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Yes I know, sarcasm doesn't always come across well in text :blush:

Just taking the piss after seeing comments again implying the club haven't been clear about it, when they have, especially considering they're never that clear about anything really.

apologies, must have misread your post 👍

• Like 1

Â