The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Feel he has to leave us if he wants to realise his potential and play champions league football. He could be right up there with the very best players around. 

He said in the video he knew for a fact he wouldn't be here if we lost the play off final.

Scary. I think If we get relegated and there is no Jack we'll spend a lot of seasons in the Championship. Maybe as many as 5-6. We are a very ordinary team without Jack.

Edited by villalad21

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He said in the video he knew for a fact he wouldn't be here if we lost the play off final.

Scary. I think If we get relegated and there is no Jack we'll spend a lot of seasons in the Championship. Maybe as many as 5-6. We are a very ordinary team without Jack.

We definitely would not have gone up last season without Jack but our all round team is much better now than last season. We would also have close to £100m burning a hole in our pockets following his sale. I would back us to bounce straight back up with a few carefully selected additions.

Hopefully it will be immaterial as another win tomorrow sparks our climb back up the table to safety (said in hope more than any real expectation! :-)).

• Like 1

Felt real good when Finnish pundit Pasi Rautiainen was raving about Grealish during, and after, the Norwich game. He was saying how this kind player is a rarity nowadays, how he is somehow old-fashioned in the way he plays. Calves, socks down, and the hair, mentioned everything.

We all know this, but Finns wanted Norwich to win and it was all Pukki otherwise in the studio, so the above made me feel good.

We basically need him called up to the England squad where he can showcase how good he is around other good players and thus take his value up to the £60-70m level, if not more. Because he won’t be with us beyond this season. Ditto Mings & McGinn. We’ll end up having to sell all 3 and hope it brings in circa £140m. 

What saddens me most about today's debacle is that it is the start of the end of Jack Grealish for Villa. He's been brilliant at staying with us, we've been so lucky with just how much he loves this club.

However for his career he can't go back down to the Championship, he needs to move on now and with FFP we will probably have to sell him anyway.  We're going to take a massive hit going back down there. 

• Like 3

Â