The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I can guarantee that if Grealish was to leave for a top six club they wouldn't play him in a three man midfield, he'd be played in the position he's playing for us now. Our midfield might be weak at the moment, but having Greaish in there won't help it, and it won't help Grealish either. We need to bring in a midfielder in in the January transfer window, but I was of that opinion even before McGinn's injury.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

with McGinn out I would put Jack back in the middle, dont think they can both play together in the middle of the park in this division

This is it for me. We can run over Championship teams with them but in the Prem we need two stronger CMs. I think we need to play Luiz & Nakamba and trying to cram Hourihane/Grealish/McGinn in there also just left us totally unbalanced. Get Jack back to the front of CM, roll out two wingers or even Jota. Full backs need to be better though if we have two DMs sitting.

3 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

We need two stronger CMs. I think we need to play Luiz & Nakamba.

They were absolutely car crash in there yesterday. Total mess. Marvelous has gone backwards very quickly.

4231 will help.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

They were absolutely car crash in there yesterday. Total mess. Marvelous has gone backwards very quickly.

4231 will help.

Agreed. Based on the squad ATM I'd go with

Heaton

Gilbert.      Engels.      Kinda.     Targget

Luiz.          Nakamba

Jota/Trez.       Jack.          Kodjia

Wesley

Just now, punkiller1981 said:

I would change to a 4-4-1-1 with Grealish I’m behind Wesley or Kodjia (don’t care which one starts up front it makes no difference). Add to that we just need to work out tits off and run run run and maybe try going with runners too.

Has to be Kodjia.

Wes would be coming back to get away from any pressure and standing on Jack's toes.

We won't anyway, it'll be 433.

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Because it pains me not seeing my favorite player fullfilling his talent.

He's surrounded with clowns and i feel so bad for him. He deserves better.

It's like a poor relationship. You always f*** it up, always making mistakes and generally drag her down to depression. You know deep down that the best thing you can do to her is to let her go and let her find happiness and fulfillment again.

I feel quite emotional after reading this.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

This is it for me. We can run over Championship teams with them but in the Prem we need two stronger CMs. I think we need to play Luiz & Nakamba and trying to cram Hourihane/Grealish/McGinn in there also just left us totally unbalanced. Get Jack back to the front of CM, roll out two wingers or even Jota. Full backs need to be better though if we have two DMs sitting.

We need less Luiz&Nakamba, not more of them.

4 hours ago, useless said:

I can guarantee that if Grealish was to leave for a top six club they wouldn't play him in a three man midfield, he'd be played in the position he's playing for us now. Our midfield might be weak at the moment, but having Greaish in there won't help it, and it won't help Grealish either. We need to bring in a midfielder in in the January transfer window, but I was of that opinion even before McGinn's injury.

I think if he went to a top 6 club they would put him in the 10 position (spurs do with Ali/eriksen) and he’d run the show 

2 hours ago, sne said:

By all means move him back into the middle.

The issue is that the wide player coming in would be Trez or Jota.

Not exactly strengthening our starting 11

I'd rather that than a non-existent central midfield.

Edited by AV82

44 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Time for Jack to move on and leave this pile of poo behind. you deserve better with your talents mate. Thanks for the memories....

Seeing a lot of this around social media. Sad times. After we got promoted I really thought we'd kick on and he'd be a legend for us but looks like he'll be another cahil/barry/milner/young who goes on to win trophies in another team's colours

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

Seeing a lot of this around social media. Sad times. After we got promoted I really thought we'd kick on and he'd be a legend for us but looks like he'll be another cahil/barry/milner/young who goes on to win trophies in another team's colours

Some of it, including this, is coming from trolls though.

Can't honestly think of anything sadder than wasting your time on a forum of a team you don't support.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Some of it, including this, is coming from trolls though.

Can't honestly think of anything sadder than wasting your time on a forum of a team you don't support.

Ah apologies...my troll detector is normally pretty decent but missed this one!

• Like 1

On 21/12/2019 at 19:58, Keyblade said:

Any manager would have relied on a player this good and this much better than the rest of the squad. Doesn't say anything. Bruce also relied on him and he's holding his own in midtable right now with another team.

Just because a player is this good doesn't mean they will be relied on. Yes, they may be the focal point or the most productive player in the team, but it shouldn't be simply do or die with that player.

As for Bruce, that's just not true. Out of interest I just had a look at our results with Bruce/Grealish in the Championship

With Grealish in the team
Won - 24
Drew - 17
lost - 19
Total games - 60

Without Grealish in the team
Won - 18
Drew - 7
Lost - 7
Total games - 32

I think Dean Smith was a better manager for us in the Championship, but he built the team so heavily around Grealish that we really do rely on him for anything and everything. Unfortunately even if he is coming up with the goods, defensively we're so horribly organised by Smith that Grealish can't overcome that anyway.

Â