The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

To reach the level of Iniesta he has to win 8 PL titles, 4 Champions Leagues ...... id say he has the potential to be 1/4 of Iniesta which is still a very good player.

Iniesta is a once in a lifetime player. Unbelievably gifted and has the mentality to succeed too. 

...and a world cup and the Euros, and probably win the Ballon D'or, as in a world without the two GOATS Iniesta was the best player in the world for a soell.

• Like 1

He won't reach Iniesta's level because he likes the night life too much.  He's potentially got the skill, but Iniesta was a quite, unassuming guy who lived for football and winning things with Barca. 

In fairness to Jack, we haven't ever had to aspire to that level, but it's obvious since Wes etc has come in, it's something we're working hard on doing! 

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

...and a world cup and the Euros, and probably win the Ballon D'or, as in a world without the two GOATS Iniesta was the best player in the world for a soell.

If he wins a world cup i think there’s a small possibility that the pubs ,clubs ,supermarkets and off-licenses might run dry. 

Grealish doesn't have to win as many trophies as iniesta to be as good as him because that would mean Grealish's teammates would have to be as good as xavi, messi, Henry, Ronaldinho, eto'o, puyol, alba, Alves, valdes, pique, suarez, neymar etc.

Im sure iniesta also went out on the sauce quite a lot as a young player it is just we didn't see that much because we didn't have social media to report this. Grealish is now all about winning and I think that means he can eventually reach that level.

Also 1 quarter of the player iniesta is that is like league 1 or 2 quality Grealish is like 60% of iniesta. 

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No he isn't.

The difference between the best players in the world and say the 150th best player in the world isn't that much. It just appears that way because them being say 10% better than a person who is outside the top 100 compounds with the fact that their teammates are 10% better and so on an so forth. If Grealish say played for spurs instead of eriksen then you would probably say Grealish is 75% of iniesta. 

He's so good. On a different planet to most of our other players.
How is he not starting for England?

Are any of the following better than him?
- Barkley
- Dier
- Delph
- Alli
- Henderson
- Rice
- Lingard

It's madness. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

He's so good. On a different planet to most of our other players.
How is he not starting for England?

Are any of the following better than him?
- Barkley
- Dier
- Delph
- Alli
- Henderson
- Rice
- Lingard

It's madness. 

It's worth remembering Delph was outstanding for us in the Premier League. Henderson has been incredibly consistent for a title challenging, European Cup winning, team. Alli was doing brilliant things in the Premier League while Grealish wasn't having a great time in the Championship. 

Yes, Grealish is fantastic, but he's got a lot to prove in the Premier League still.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

It's worth remembering Delph was outstanding for us in the Premier League. Henderson has been incredibly consistent for a title challenging, European Cup winning, team. Alli was doing brilliant things in the Premier League while Grealish wasn't having a great time in the Championship. 

Yes, Grealish is fantastic, but he's got a lot to prove in the Premier League still.

I'm expecting Delph to surprise a few people at Everton if he actually gets to play in midfield again

People have probably forgotten just how good he was there for us. That's how he earned his original England call ups.

• Like 4

Just wanted to flag up Jack's role in Jota's first goal last night. 

An excellent team goal including some good hold up play by Wesley. 

However when Jack picks up the ball you think go on drive at them Jack. But he does the opposite, just waits and draws players attention. One of his strongest skills these days. 

Suddenly after a perfectly weighted pass Guilbert is in acres and able to cross first time without breaking stride. 

It's all happened so fast Jota is completely free in the box for an easy goal. 

More of this type of play please!

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 3

not sure why Henderson, Delph, dier and rice are in the conversation, completely different midfielders

his biggest problem with England is in terms of needing a midfielder who can carry the ball from midfield and retain possession, they don't need that for the next year, no one in the qualifiers will bother us, the get it forward and wide fast and rely on kane will see us qualify comfortably and probably get out the group, by the time we come up against someone half decent and need what grealish could offer it will be too late

id be happy if southgate surprised me but I think he's peaked, I don't think England will show much progression next summer, I don't think he will drop Lingard and ali and its almost definitely Maddison next in line not jack

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm expecting Delph to surprise a few people at Everton if he actually gets to play in midfield again

People have probably forgotten just how good he was there for us. That's how he earned his original England call ups.

I think if he can get and stay fit it’s a shrewd signing for Everton, especially at the price compared to what is going on in the market these days. 

I think Jack can be better than Delph though, he certainly has more natural ability and a higher ceiling. He looks to have worked hard over the summer and I hope he can have just as much impact on premier leagues players as he did tail end of last season. 

39 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think if he can get and stay fit it’s a shrewd signing for Everton, especially at the price compared to what is going on in the market these days. 

I think Jack can be better than Delph though, he certainly has more natural ability and a higher ceiling. He looks to have worked hard over the summer and I hope he can have just as much impact on premier leagues players as he did tail end of last season. 

:blink::blink:

• Haha 1

he has looked good pre season, but......he does need to look over his shoulder sometimes, 2 or 3 times this pre season he has been jogging with the ball and someone literally runs up behind him and takes the ball off him and he doesnt see them coming at all.

I remember seeing it a couple of times last season also, a minor thing overall, but still.......its a thing.

Wonderful player ofc, just something i think he needs to be aware of tbh.

On 25/07/2019 at 14:04, villaglint said:

Just wanted to flag up Jack's role in Jota's first goal last night. 

An excellent team goal including some good hold up play by Wesley. 

However when Jack picks up the ball you think go on drive at them Jack. But he does the opposite, just waits and draws players attention. One of his strongest skills these days. 

Suddenly after a perfectly weighted pass Guilbert is in acres and able to cross first time without breaking stride. 

It's all happened so fast Jota is completely free in the box for an easy goal. 

More of this type of play please!

I noticed something similar tonight.  He picked up the ball in an advanced midfield role.  A defender closed him down and I was expecting one of those situations where he just glided past him but instead he hesitated a microsecond, moved directly at the defender then layed the ball left to a runner who ran through into acres of space behind the defender.  Glorious. 

Edited by sidcow

On 25/07/2019 at 11:35, kurtsimonw said:

Delph was very good for us in the Premier League. He wasn’t outstanding.

Â