Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I see there is a program on ITV4 on Thursday and Friday night at 9pm, about English teams ruling Europe. I guess we will get a small mention in the Friday episode if anyone is interested.

12 hours ago, NeilS said:

I see there is a program on ITV4 on Thursday and Friday night at 9pm, about English teams ruling Europe. I guess we will get a small mention in the Friday episode if anyone is interested.

I've seen a fair few clips about Villa going round on Twitter promoting that show so I think we should get a fair bit of screen time.

18 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I saw it live and thought it was 'okay'. I then started watching it on Netflix two nights ago and had to turn it off after 15 minutes (10 minutes of which was him explaining his Caitlyn Jenner jokes). I was genuinely bored, and not laughing at all. I'm a big Gervais fan, but I think his stand-ups have gradually gotten worse.

On the subject of Altered Carbon and the guy with the big shlong. I haven't watched it, but if the guy in question is the blonde main character, I like him in The Killing. A good (and not drawn out) police thriller/drama which is a re-make of a Swedish or Norwegian show. I recommend it.

1: I thought the final half or so of Humanity was alright, and made the show ok all in all. But the opening 15 minutes were quite shit, I agree. 

2: Joel Kinneman was very good in The Killing, and both the re-make and the Danish original are well worth watching. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've seen a fair few clips about Villa going round on Twitter promoting that show so I think we should get a fair bit of screen time.

I have set it up to record on my planner, so hopefully it will be a good watch.

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Think i watched the first 2 series of the killing remake and enjoyed it and then for whatever reason i watched a couple of episodes of season 3 and thought i dont want to watch this anymore 

Just finishing up season 1, top stuff so far. I've seen that there are 4 seasons and that sounds like a lot, but one more sounds great if the quality stays up.

Watched a fair bit of Manhunt: Unabomber today. Still got a couple of episodes left, but it's a decent watch. There's some ropeyness to the script, dodgy dialogue here and there and some of the dramatisation is dumb (most of the stuff superfluous to the actual story is crap) but it's a decent watch and hits all the notes it needs to. Hopefully they'll go into Kaczynski's background, his time at college is very interesting.

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

Watched a fair bit of Manhunt: Unabomber today. Still got a couple of episodes left, but it's a decent watch. There's some ropeyness to the script, dodgy dialogue here and there and some of the dramatisation is dumb (most of the stuff superfluous to the actual story is crap) but it's a decent watch and hits all the notes it needs to. Hopefully they'll go into Kaczynski's background, his time at college is very interesting.

Paul Bettney was very good in the role. Gave a more human feel to the protaginst. I enjoyed it.

It also puts a nice spin on Thanos because he's technically killing a terrorist so he cant be all bad?

On 27/03/2018 at 15:48, Rob182 said:

On the subject of Altered Carbon and the guy with the big shlong. I haven't watched it, but if the guy in question is the blonde main character, I like him in The Killing. A good (and not drawn out) police thriller/drama which is a re-make of a Swedish or Norwegian show. I recommend it.

A work colleague recommended altered carbon cos he knows I like loadsa minge in my tv progs. 

I have to say I'm disappointed. Far too much violence and nerdy sci fi crap so far.

Watched the first episode of the when England ruled Europe programme. Pretty decent, with our episode tonight. Shows why everyone hates/hated Liverpool, their players were such arrogant pricks against forest. Even in the interview they came across as conceited.

32 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Just discovered The Good Place. It is fantastic. Hilarious. 

Yeah I finished that last week.

Jameela jamil...I'll say no more :wub:

• Like 3

I've started watching a (very highly) fictional show about Shakespeare called "Will" 

It is absolutely appalling but having seen the first 3 I'll probably see it through. I'm a sucker like that, decide the film I'm watching is poor but still see it through. 

5 episodes in to Jessica Jones s2.

It's OK but having the villain being a angry middle age woman with a wig who burns stuff in her yard isn't really that exciting yet.

Hoping there is a bigger story arch that will develop.

Edit: Turns out there was :D

Still a much weaker season than the first one so far.

Edited by sne

Â