Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Baddies from durkadurkastan 

The last few episodes of Designated Survivor have had made up names for countries that are basically North and South Korea.  I don't know why programmes can't just use the real names, is Kim Jung Un really going to blow us all up because of it?

Homeland season one should’ve ended the other way and kept it as one off series, instead of flogging it to death with the female lead being more annoying by the episode!

the only redeeming part is Saul Berenson but that wasn’t enough for me to give up early mid season 3

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Well, I really like Homeland, despite the huge doses of implausibility. And I don't think it's gung-ho U.S. propaganda. The 'bad guys' are not shown as any better, or worse than the CIA. In fact the overarching theme seems to be the complete lack of moral compass in the whole dirty espionage world. 

I thought the first 2 series were fantastic. Genuinely jaw dropping TV!

15 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Homeland season one should’ve ended the other way and kept it as one off series, instead of flogging it to death with the female lead being more annoying by the episode!

the only redeeming part is Saul Berenson but that wasn’t enough for me to give up early mid season 3

I cant think of a worse lead than her. 

About 30 minutes into the first episode of Lost in Space and it’s awfully crap so far. The Dad and youngest kid are the only bearable characters so far. Hope it and the other characters get better as the nause of a mother and the two cringeworthy daughters will make me switch off. 

I gave up on Homeland somewhere during S3 as it became annoying. But recently I just watched a couple of episodes of Season 5 and it's much better!

It's as though they rebooted it and now I'm into S6 and it's pretty damn good. Her "mental illness" thing has basically been dropped and it's just about spies and espionage. Think an American "Spooks" back when it was good.

• Like 2

On 12/04/2018 at 21:33, mikeyp102 said:

Lemony snicker series 2 is out, first was good so hoping this one is as well

Watched the first two episodes of it, just as good as the first series so far!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Clare Danes? I like her. 

I do, but not in Homeland. Her character is horrible and annoying (although she does play the part very well)

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I do, but not in Homeland. Her character is horrible and annoying (although she does play the part very well)

I think TheAuthority's pointer that they phase out the 'mental illness' storyline in the later series is encouraging news, as it was getting a bit silly. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I gave up on Homeland somewhere during S3 as it became annoying. But recently I just watched a couple of episodes of Season 5 and it's much better!

It's as though they rebooted it and now I'm into S6 and it's pretty damn good. Her "mental illness" thing has basically been dropped and it's just about spies and espionage. Think an American "Spooks" back when it was good.

I've not watched any of the latest series, but the last one was as good as the first.

As you rightly say, it dropped off significantly in S3. S4 was a bit 'meh' too, but I'm glad I stuck with it. A surprising return to form. 

250px-The-Terror-TV.png

The crew of a Royal Naval expedition searching for the Arctic's treacherous Northwest Passage discovers instead a monstrous predator.

I'm on episode 7 of this now, its been absolutely brilliant, I don't watch too much telly so its good to find something that I am enjoying as much as this.

The book was fantastic, I read it about 10 years ago and quite a lot of it has stuck with me, the series is extremely faithful to the book from what I can remember.

I definitely recommend it, I don't know anyone else who's watching it so I don't have anyone to talk to about it at the minute.

Â