Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 4/7/2018 at 14:34, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

I've got 4 episodes left and I've enjoyed it - similar quality to the other seasons imo. Plenty of Freida Pinto on show, Stuart! Surely reason enough to keep watching?

Ok, I'll stick with it, thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

Silicon Valley was great again this week, honestly Erlich hasn't been a loss at all.

Yeah it's hilarious. My favourite thing on TV for sure. Elrich, like you said, has not been missed in the slightest. I do wonder how far it can go though, there's only so many times that they can be on the verge of something great and then Richard finds a way to **** it up for them.

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah it's hilarious. My favourite thing on TV for sure. Elrich, like you said, has not been missed in the slightest. I do wonder how far it can go though, there's only so many times that they can be on the verge of something great and then Richard finds a way to **** it up for them.

I felt like it started to lose its way in S3-4 but they have hit the sweet spot so far this season. There's still ups and downs but the foundations of success are finally there which had to happen as we are 5 seasons in now.

Gilfoyles bitcoin alerts in the latest episode :D

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 1

Love Silicon Valley. Probably my favourite comedy right now. Have not watched season 5 yet but I don't think Erlich will be that much of a miss. Especially if Jian Yang gets a more prominent role. 

32 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Love Silicon Valley. Probably my favourite comedy right now. Have not watched season 5 yet but I don't think Erlich will be that much of a miss. Especially if Jian Yang gets a more prominent role. 

It is a very high quality show, you can tell there is a large budget, everything has a movie like feel to it.

I think my favourite moment is still the SWOT analysis they do on Blaine from S2, on whether to tell him his jump is doomed.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

It is a very high quality show, you can tell there is a large budget, everything has a movie like feel to it.

I think my favourite moment is still the SWOT analysis they do on Blaine from S2, on whether to tell him his jump is doomed.

That's a great scene but nothing beats the scene when Richard figures out middle out compression. The D2F (dick to floor) ratio gets me every time. 

• Like 1

half way through seven seconds, its not bad by any stretch but not as good as other netflix stuff, my main issues with its not going anywhere clever which i thought it might do at the start, several of the characters have motives and stories that as of yet i dont really see where they are going to go (why is the lawyer an alcoholic?) i think the biggest problem its got is im not sold on Diangelo's black kid / white cop who is a new father motive which makes the whole thing fall apart

I watched the pilot for "The Blacklist" last night, as the premise sounded intriguing.  Hopefully it's worth sticking with (thoughts anyone?)

Just now, BOF said:

I watched the pilot for "The Blacklist" last night, as the premise sounded intriguing.  Hopefully it's worth sticking with (thoughts anyone?)

It's good, arguably really good for a couple of seasons. Then it goes on too long and fizzles out. James Spader is brilliant in it, but it drags on in the end and I gave up.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wazzap24 said:

It's good, arguably really good for a couple of seasons. Then it goes on too long and fizzles out. James Spader is brilliant in it, but it drags on in the end and I gave up.

We'll go the season so.  See how I feel.  Nothing really grabbing me at the moment.  I'm bouncing between Jessica Jones season 2 & Battlestar Galactica season 1.

Just now, BOF said:

We'll go the season so.  See how I feel.  Nothing really grabbing me at the moment.  I'm bouncing between Jessica Jones season 2 & Battlestar Galactica season 1.

If you want top quality from start to finish and a show that knows how to go out on a high, give Banshee a go if you haven't seen it 

Massively underrated IMO. It's up there. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

If you want top quality from start to finish and a show that knows how to go out on a high, give Banshee a go if you haven't seen it 

Massively underrated IMO. It's up there.

I've seen Banshee and I'm a huge fan.  I always try and get people watching it too :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

I thought it was a terrible cheesefest. But that's just me.

11 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I thought it was a terrible cheesefest. But that's just me.

I have a very low tolerance for glorification and normalisation of America's use of black sites, torture and of its methods in general, so if it becomes a celebration of their secret services being absolute shit heads then I won't be hanging around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â