Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

11 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Fargo

After seeing it pop-up on Netflix ive binge watched the first Season in a couple of days, its a bit good isn't it?

How do season 2-3 fare compared to the first?

All are worth watching, even if it's just for the villains in each series.  I think Ewan McGregor is a bit dodgy in series 3 but I've never really thought much of him as an actor anyway.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think Ewan McGregor is a bit dodgy in series 3 but I've never really thought much of him as an actor anyway.

Glad its not just me. Apart from a few early roles I think he's incredibly overrated.

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Glad its not just me. Apart from a few early roles I think he's incredibly overrated.

I also thought he was abysmal as Obi-Wan. Unwatchable with that faux RADA accent.

His American accent is also terrible in Fargo and other movies.

14 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Ugly Delicious

Really enjoying this, foodie show but much more interesting than most, the Mexico episode is really quite deep for a cooking programme.

If you like the food episodes of Worth It on buzzfeed/YT with Steven, Andrew and Adam then you’ll love this, the Ugly delicious host David has been on a few eps of worth it as well.

Good stuff.

Watched the first one last night, was really good!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TOTTI-THE-GOD said:

Anyone see Benidorm last night? Best Man speech was absolutely hilarious.

I watch it because I always have done, literally the only show I actually look out for on terrestrial TV these days. 

It was ok but if we are honest it’s not really up to the best seasons which would have been 3-4 years back now.

• Like 1

Finished Waco, 6 really interesting episodes and a good watch.

Tragic story.

Next up will be The Looming Tower, drama about the events before 9/11 between CIA and FBI.

10 episodes mini-series, first 3 episodes out now.

4 hours ago, sne said:

Next up will be The Looming Tower, drama about the events before 9/11 between CIA and FBI.

10 episodes mini-series, first 3 episodes out now.

The book is brilliant. Read the book!

• Thanks 1

Watched a documentary on Netflix last night called Precinct Seven Five about police corruption in New York in the 80's and early 90's and specifically one officer who started his own empire. Highly recommend.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Looks like a poor man GOT to me

That's because you can't really compare it to GOT. Completely different budgets. It's not on GOTs level but it's still decent. 

But they do keep killing good characters off so you might not like it mate ;)

• Haha 1

Flint Town - new on Netflix.

Engaging, gripping, informative and just excellent all round to be honest.

This is the top shelf standard for documentaries, something Netflix is becoming very good at.

A must watch.

The Young Offenders on iPlayer.  Think it might be on BBC1 in real life.  Not sure.

I watched the original film a few months back and really enjoyed it.  I wrote about it in the movie thread and know a few other folks enjoyed it too.  It's been commissioned as a TV series, and it's probably even better than the film.

If you're not familiar with it, it's a couple of young chavs from Cork who are always getting into scrapes.  They're lovable rogues, though, and the one lad's relationship with his Mom (his Dad died on a building site when someone dropped a hammer off the scaffolding) is incredibly tender.

The show has had me and the Mrs howling with laughter and crying at the emotive bits.  I don't think it will be everyones cup of tea, but it's original and could well grab some awards somewhere along the line.

10 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

The Young Offenders on iPlayer.  Think it might be on BBC1 in real life.  Not sure.

I watched the original film a few months back and really enjoyed it.  I wrote about it in the movie thread and know a few other folks enjoyed it too.  It's been commissioned as a TV series, and it's probably even better than the film.

If you're not familiar with it, it's a couple of young chavs from Cork who are always getting into scrapes.  They're lovable rogues, though, and the one lad's relationship with his Mom (his Dad died on a building site when someone dropped a hammer off the scaffolding) is incredibly tender.

The show has had me and the Mrs howling with laughter and crying at the emotive bits.  I don't think it will be everyones cup of tea, but it's original and could well grab some awards somewhere along the line.

Need to check this out, saw the film sometime last year and the 2 lads had great chemistry. It was a good little film.

It reminded me of Adam and Paul a bit.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 1

Â