Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 19/03/2018 at 09:43, AVFCDAN said:

So much good stuff on Netflix at the moment.

Flint Town

Everything Sucks

On My Block

Love

I love love. 

The girl out of Community is ace, really like her.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Anyone see the programme about the RAF last night,  I thought it was brilliant.

Lot's of noise from the engines of Spitfires / Hurricanes and Lancaster.  I don't know why but they sound amazing and it's also a bit goose-pimply for me for some reason.

Just started watching "Bosch", we're already hooked after 3 episodes.

Oh and the full length rear view nude Annie Wersching...:wub:

Edited by rjw63
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

I think Flint Town could of been squashed into 3 episodes, a bit too much filler in it for my liking.

3 Episodes?

It would have been a completely different show in that case. I thought the long form technique is what made this stand out as a great documentary piece personally.

Just finished the first ep of The Terror.

It looks bloody amazing. Has a really eerie feeling and the acting is very good.

The Terror (2018)

It starts out pretty slow but I kinda like that, it's that kinda story.

I have high hopes for this one and the first ep was a good start.

On another note I finally managed to find subs for the Spanish series La Peste, 2 ep's in and it's not too shabby at all.

Edited by sne

8 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Just started watching "Bosch", we're already hooked after 3 episodes.

Oh and the full length rear view nude Annie Wersching...:wub:

Big fan of it, I think the 4th season starts soon

Started on Elementary again. Got halfway through series 3 on my last watch so picked it up from there again. 

Easy watching. 

On 3/15/2018 at 16:06, wazzap24 said:

Watched Ricky Gervais' 'Humanity' on Netflix last night. 

Easily his best stand-up and very, very funny. 

I saw it live and thought it was 'okay'. I then started watching it on Netflix two nights ago and had to turn it off after 15 minutes (10 minutes of which was him explaining his Caitlyn Jenner jokes). I was genuinely bored, and not laughing at all. I'm a big Gervais fan, but I think his stand-ups have gradually gotten worse.

On the subject of Altered Carbon and the guy with the big shlong. I haven't watched it, but if the guy in question is the blonde main character, I like him in The Killing. A good (and not drawn out) police thriller/drama which is a re-make of a Swedish or Norwegian show. I recommend it.

Edited by Rob182

7 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I saw it live and thought it was 'okay'. I then started watching it on Netflix two nights ago and had to turn it off after 15 minutes (10 minutes of which was him explaining his Caitlyn Jenner jokes). I was genuinely bored, and not laughing at all. I'm a big Gervais fan, but I think his stand-ups have gradually gotten worse.

Apart from the seeing it live bit, this pretty much sums up how I feel about it. I've heard half of it before and it was vaguely amusing first time around.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I kind of agree in that as a pure stand-up its not hilarious and certainly not his best.

Where it does excel though is in his explanations and defence of what he says. Its very hard to get away with some of the things he says on Twitter and in shows like this but his grasp of society/humanity and ability to break things down into simple analogy is very clever and unique, he often leaves people floundering on twitter with only 280 characters to use.

I think that's why the old XFM shows and podcasts he did with Karl Pilkington were so good because Karl would always say some mad stuff and then Ricky would laugh it off and explain why it was nonsense most of the time.

Similarly that's why the office was so good and is a classic because himself and Steve (goggle-eyes) were able to turn the mundane into hilarious often with the roll of an eye or brief look at the camera. That takes so much more skill than just saying something offensive or divisive like a lot of comics with nothing to back it up.

First ep of Trust (about the Getty family and the kidnapping of John Paul Getty III) was pretty promising.

Donald Sutherland is excellent as the head of the family.

30 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

It’s funny you say that. I thought the first 15 or so minutes were awful. Unfunny and poorly performed, as if he was reading his lines. I was seriously considering turning it off but was too lazy to reach for the remote. Having powered through, I thought that it got progressively better - to the point where I thought it was excellent by the end. Worth another go IMO.

41 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I kind of agree in that as a pure stand-up its not hilarious and certainly not his best.

Where it does excel though is in his explanations and defence of what he says. Its very hard to get away with some of the things he says on Twitter and in shows like this but his grasp of society/humanity and ability to break things down into simple analogy is very clever and unique, he often leaves people floundering on twitter with only 280 characters to use.

I think that's why the old XFM shows and podcasts he did with Karl Pilkington were so good because Karl would always say some mad stuff and then Ricky would laugh it off and explain why it was nonsense most of the time.

Similarly that's why the office was so good and is a classic because himself and Steve (goggle-eyes) were able to turn the mundane into hilarious often with the roll of an eye or brief look at the camera. That takes so much more skill than just saying something offensive or divisive like a lot of comics with nothing to back it up.

I get all that. But also, I knew all of what he was explaining before he explained it. I didn’t want a 90 minute lecture when I bought a comedy ticket :P

3 hours ago, Rob182 said:

On the subject of Altered Carbon and the guy with the big shlong. I haven't watched it, but if the guy in question is the blonde main character, I like him in The Killing. A good (and not drawn out) police thriller/drama which is a re-make of a Swedish or Norwegian show. I recommend it.

No it was the older English guy who got his knob out.  Makes me think the blonde guy has a small one if he's not showing it off, and then I realise I'm thinking about willies and try to concentrate on something else.  The blonde actor pissed me off in House of Cards but is slightly better in this, though I'm struggling a bit to understand what the **** is going on with the plot.  If I wasn't paying for Netflix I probably wouldn't bother watching the rest but I feel like I need to get my money's worth.

Â