Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Amazon is to adapt Iain Banks Consider Phlebas into a series.

Holy shit.

Probably not the best place to start as I recall it but... Yeah. Do that right as you've got a potentially great sci fi franchise

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Correct. Also, the restored Flying Scotsman is ruined by those hideous and innacurate German smoke deflectors. 

Have you seen the Mallard up close and personal? It's at York (or it was in August last year)

A very enjoyable couple of hours spent in the museum

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Have you seen the Mallard up close and personal? It's at York (or it was in August last year)

Oh, sure. Just up the road (haven't been for a few years, mind). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

With got

Reveal hidden contents

I really don’t understand braans role? I just want to fast forward every scene with him in it

Hey, you’re finally getting it! 

5 hours ago, Xela said:

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Oh, sure. Just up the road (haven't been for a few years, mind). 

The California State Railway Museum in Sacramento is absolutely fascinating if you're over that way. Including this beauty:

crsm5.jpg

Southern Pacific Railroad Cab Forward No. 4294

The first California cab-ahead design (also known as a cab-forward) was built in 1901 by William J. Thomas, master mechanic of the North Pacific Coast Railroad. Its unique design was possibly influenced by an Italian cab-ahead which had received much publicity in the trade press. The configuration provided the best visibility for locomotive engineers on sharp curves. Southern Pacific officials also recognized the value of the cab-forward as a design that would save engineers from being asphyxiated by smokestack fumes in SP’s numerous long mountain tunnels and snowsheds. The first cab-forwards were delivered to SP by Baldwin in February, 1910. Engine 4294 was part of SP’s AC-12 class of locomotives, the last new steam locomotives acquired by the company.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

So a trailer for the second series of Legion has been launched. Think I’ll have to rewatch series 1 prior to 2 coming out.

Can't wait for this. Jeez, Aubrey Plaza is amazing.

She made the first series, brilliant performance and sexy, in a unhinged kinda way.

• Like 1

On 21/02/2018 at 18:39, Demitri_C said:

With got

Hide contents

I really don’t understand braans role? I just want to fast forward every scene with him in it

If you think Bran's scenes in the show are tedious, be glad you didn't slog through the **** books. 

25 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

New Chris Rock on Netflix is great. 

Bad timing (or good?) the release coming now with him making jokes about  "I want to live in a world with real equality. I want to live in a world where an equal amount of white kids are shot every month. I want to see white mothers on TV crying."

Considering what just happened in Florida... He's taking a bit of heat at the moment.

25 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Meh, people are stupid. Manson with columbine. GTA with everything. He didn’t shoot them did he?

Think that's' the key point :D

After all there was some who wanted the name changed for the 2nd LOTR movie after 9/11

• Haha 1

Does anyone else think he looks likes he's had work done or at least had botox?

It also seemed to me like his divorce and custody battle seems to have taken something from him. There were parts that were pretty dark. Other parts were really funny but it wasn't at his high level consistently all the way through.

Â