Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've just started Band of Brothers.

Amazingly I've never seen it (although I think I watched the first couple of episodes once upon a time)

Anyway, it's rather bloody good. And I'd never realised so many big names were in it!

I rewatch it once a year without fail. Ep. 1 is the weakest. Just wait til you get to the Bastogne episodes. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Amazingly I've never seen it (although I think I watched the first couple of episodes once upon a time)

Anyway, it's rather bloody good. And I'd never realised so many big names were in it!

Although I've just realised I've lost a bet with the OH. I was convinced one of the cast members was Sam Rockwell and apparently it isn't (just googled it)

In fact I'm still not convinced it isn't him :D 

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I bought it on DVD when it first came out and never watched it.

I need to sort that out, you've reminded me!

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I think they used British actors to play a large number of the American soldiers to keep the costs down as they were recording it over here, now they get a zillion quid per movie.  Great series though.  The Pacific is good too.

44 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yeah I think they used British actors to play a large number of the American soldiers to keep the costs down as they were recording it over here, now they get a zillion quid per movie.  Great series though.  The Pacific is good too.

Got The Pacific too. 

My mom is moving house so I went round and raided all my dads DVDs. Came away with an armful. 

Wasnt until I got home that I realised every single one was a DVD I’d bought for him. 

Money well spent 

• Like 1

Documentary on Sky Atlantic about a shooting at a Sikh temple in America few years back if anyone interested. 

Revenge for 9/11!!  

Edit: you've think the stupid b*****d would at least get the religion right before such an attack! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Edit: you've think the stupid b*****d would at least get the religion right before such an attack! 

One for the piss me off thread really - There was a guest visitor at the houses of parliament last week who had his turban pulled off and had "go back home muslim" shouted at him, no doubt by someone who thinks brexit will do just that...And shared a link of Facebook about Aldi selling plain buns after removing the cross from their hot cross ones...

On 26/02/2018 at 08:56, Stevo985 said:

Although I've just realised I've lost a bet with the OH. I was convinced one of the cast members was Sam Rockwell and apparently it isn't (just googled it)

In fact I'm still not convinced it isn't him :D 

Rick Gomez who plays Luz I'm guessing ?

Image result for Rick Gomez

35 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

One for the piss me off thread really - There was a guest visitor at the houses of parliament last week who had his turban pulled off and had "go back home muslim" shouted at him, no doubt by someone who thinks brexit will do just that...And shared a link of Facebook about Aldi selling plain buns after removing the cross from their hot cross ones...

The ironic thing is Brexit will actually allow more Non EU immigrates to enter the country legally. 

Keeping on topic - I'm considering starting Vikings. Any recommendations?

On 2/24/2018 at 17:25, sheepyvillian said:

Just binged "Seven Seconds", which came out Friday on Netflix. It has echoes of the "Night Of", although not quite that good,  ( that's one high bar )it still captivated me. It's about an off duty New Jersey cop, who is involved in a hit and run with a young African American. Although a bit long winded in part's, it contains some fine acting on top of  a very emotive subject. I certainly recommend this one.

Thanks for this - just started yesterday and I've already burned through 4 episodes. Got me hooked for sure.

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Keeping on topic - I'm considering starting Vikings. Any recommendations?

Yep im the same, ive got vikings, mr robot and man in the high castle as the glaringly obvious ones on my prime account, i watched 3 episodes of mr robot a while a go and wasnt blown away and a a horrible ropey copy of the first epsiode of mithc which i never went back to 

20 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Documentary on Sky Atlantic about a shooting at a Sikh temple in America few years back if anyone interested. 

Revenge for 9/11!!  

Have you ever met an intelligent racist ? 

Â