Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Starting to get in to the vikings now after a couple of slow episodes. I think I'm going to enjoy this. 

I'm sure I've said it before in this thread that I normally have an aversion to Histo-Drama or Bio-Pics but for some reason Vikings got me hook, line and sinker.

It's no Band of Brothers but it's lots of fun. And it manages to not annoy me like things like Rome do.

To this end has anyone seen Marco Polo? A few people have recommended it to me but my assumed prejudice against such things means its on the to do list.

Was about 3 years into Vikings I relented and gave it a go and I'm obviously glad I got over myself!

Just wondered if anyone liked it much (Marco Polo)

37 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I'd put it in the "entertaining crap" category.

The first season has a very good baddie and some of the characters are pretty good. It's really pretty and shiny.

Not sure it has much historical value thou.

I'd say go for it, it's not terrible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

Fargo

After seeing it pop-up on Netflix ive binge watched the first Season in a couple of days, its a bit good isn't it?

How do season 2-3 fare compared to the first?

The 2nd is **** brilliant too.

I've only just watched the third. It's still very very good, but not up to the standard of the first two seasons

Never got round to watching Battlestar Galactica at the time (the modern one), but a lack of current sci-fi stuff and it being free on amazon prime at the moment made me start a week or two back, Have ploughed through the mini-series & the first 2 seasons which were pretty good but it's all gone a bit toss in season 3, may aswell watch the rest now to see what happens i guess...

Edited by LakotaDakota

4 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

I'm sure I've said it before in this thread that I normally have an aversion to Histo-Drama or Bio-Pics but for some reason Vikings got me hook, line and sinker.

It's no Band of Brothers but it's lots of fun. And it manages to not annoy me like things like Rome do.

To this end has anyone seen Marco Polo? A few people have recommended it to me but my assumed prejudice against such things means its on the to do list.

Was about 3 years into Vikings I relented and gave it a go and I'm obviously glad I got over myself!

The main guy in Vikings reminds me of the new guy in Gommorah season 3.

Ugly Delicious

Really enjoying this, foodie show but much more interesting than most, the Mexico episode is really quite deep for a cooking programme.

If you like the food episodes of Worth It on buzzfeed/YT with Steven, Andrew and Adam then you’ll love this, the Ugly delicious host David has been on a few eps of worth it as well.

Good stuff.

Â