Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 17/02/2018 at 19:12, Designer1 said:

One of my favourites at the moment...

the-good-place.png?w=736

Some really lovely, witty writing and Danson is superb.

It's fantastic. One of the best comedies around.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

To be fair to @Demitri_C, there is a lot of stuff going on in GoT that is easy to miss, and so he might not have picked up on some of the more subtle bits of dialogue and character backgrounds.

Definitely watch S6 though Dem...

Yeah i think I might have missed something perhaps. I know job snow is a bastard son but for me is still a stark in my eyes. Just makes me feel his journey was cheated. 

Sounds like season 6 something happens. Btw the walk of shame couldnt have happened to a  over girl. 

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

No spoilers dem, I’m yet to watch season 7 so if you get there keep it schtum :)

No worries mate :) I am going to put spoilers tabs from this point even though i was told we dont need them for GOT

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No worries mate :) I am going to put spoilers tabs from this point even though i was told we dont need them for GOT

Cheers bud, I think season 6 is old enough to not warrant spoilers put season 7 is still fresh imo. Unless posting in the GoT TV show thread of course :thumb: 

Just now, Ingram85 said:

Cheers bud, I think season 6 is old enough to not warrant spoilers put season 7 is still fresh imo. Unless posting in the GoT TV show thread of course :thumb: 

I am avoiding that thread until up to date. 

so how is season 6 worth bothering with? was pissed off with ending of 5 as you can imagine from my last few posts! 

It resolves a bunch of long running plotlines, sets up the end game, and has some cool moments. You might like some of those moments. The last page has basically told you the first one in every way bar spelling it out. I'll spoiler it below if you like.

Spoiler

Melisandre brings Jon back to life in the first episode.

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I am avoiding that thread until up to date. 

so how is season 6 worth bothering with? was pissed off with ending of 5 as you can imagine from my last few posts! 

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It resolves a bunch of long running plotlines, sets up the end game, and has some cool moments. You might like some of those moments. The last page has basically told you the first one in every way bar spelling it out. I'll spoiler it below if you like.

Reveal hidden contents

Melisandre brings Jon back to life in the first episode.

I wouldn't read that spoiler Dem if you haven't figured it out yet.

Just watch episode 1 of Season 6 and you'll see what everyone was hinting at.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I wouldn't read that spoiler Dem if you haven't figured it out yet.

Just watch episode 1 of Season 6 and you'll see what everyone was hinting at.

The last page of this thread really gave me a good chuckle   :D

Dem - I wouldn't bother with S6. I still haven't got over them killing Sean Bean in S1! 
They'll probably just go and kill your second favourite character in S7 just to piss you off.

:P

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Michelsen said:

Can’t possibly be better than @Demitri_C trying to get GoT, though. 

Sadly, having not watched GOT (but intended to at some point) I have to avoid his GOT posts and the subsequent  replies! 

I feel like I'm missing out on some comedy gold. I think even I know what this latest 'Dem watches GOT' page is about though. It's hard to avoid all the spoilers from a show this big. 

Highly recommend checking out The Chi, Counterpart, Waco and The Alienist for those who hasn't already.

All 4 are new series currently running on their first seasons (Waco being a 6 part mini-series) and although very different the are IMO very good to good. Solid 7-8/10 at least.

The Chi is a drama about a community in Chicago and how some events intertwine different people. Good acting and story. For some reason it only has 6.9 on IMDB.

Counterpart has a very vague similarity to The Man in the High Castle and is a Sci-fi/Thriller/Drama with the always excellent J.K Simmons. Not sure yet what direction it will take but it could be very good.

Waco is not surprising about the real life events at the compound where David Koresh and his people got in a stand off with the authorities back in 93. 

And finally The Alienist that is a crime drama about a serial killer in New York at the end of the 19th century. Amazingly looking, a bit like the Sherlock movies by Guy Richie minus the fights and bravado. Really like this one so far.

• Like 1

Â