Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

So this year I've watched Britannia which was so ridiculously poor I ended up watching it all for the comedy aspect of it. Plus the episodes were really short and I was off work.

Gommorah season 3 which was very good although probably not to the quality of the previous 2 seasons. 

I don't know what to watch now.....

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Riverdale (just finishing)

any good? doesnt appeal to me but the other half picked it as the next one to watch

finished coach snoop, really enjoyed that, helps if you like NFL are interested in inner city LA life and want to see grown men say n*gger and mother **** to kids 200+ times in each 30 minute episode, was a bit cynical over it all after the first 10 minutes but fair play to snoop he comes across like he does genuinely care and is putting time effort and money in to helping these kids

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

any good? doesnt appeal to me but the other half picked it as the next one to watch

i went in with zero expectations but its surprisingly pretty good, its a little far fetched but it does have some good storylines and good some chatchters  

reminds me of a darker and older saved by the bell 

• Like 1

Started watching The 100.

So far (7 episodes in) it's pretty mediocre but not terrible.

It's pretty much a mix of a 100 shows we've seen before, but I've heard it gets better with time?

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So this year I've watched Britannia which was so ridiculously poor I ended up watching it all for the comedy aspect of it. Plus the episodes were really short and I was off work.

Gommorah season 3 which was very good although probably not to the quality of the previous 2 seasons. 

I don't know what to watch now.....

After the highs of last year TV-wise it does seem a bit 'meh' at the moment.

If you haven't seen it, Legion is absolutely brilliant and the best thing on TV last year (with the exception of Twin Peaks and maybe on par with American Gods)

it's Marvel, but don't let that put you off if you're not normally a fan. It's properly good and easily the best Marvel thing on TV. And you won't see a better acting performance than Aubrey Plaza this year. Season 2 is out in April.

Snowfall is good if you haven't seen that. It's about the start of the crack revolution in America and it's pretty decent. Was on BBC 2, so not sure if it's there now or not.

New X-files is surprisingly good.

Orville is a decent light hearted watch. Nothing groundbreaking, but better than expected.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sne said:

It's pretty much a mix of a 100 shows we've seen before, but I've heard it gets better with time?

I'd say it goes the other way and gets worse with time, the storylines get way over the top and Clarke is incredibly annoying. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

I'd say it goes the other way and gets worse with time, the storylines get way over the top and Clarke is incredibly annoying. 

Hmm I've struggled through season 1 and it feels like every other teen drama set in an alternate setting.

Think I'll give it a pass and circle back to it some day if I get really bored.

10 hours ago, sne said:

Loved it, and yes it definitely gets better.

S2 was great fun, and S3 gets quite political.

S3>S2>S1>S4 if i had to rank them.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've started watching Inside Number 9 as a few on here said how good it is recently.  Some of it is **** genius.

To date I've only watched the first episode of the latest series and whilst I don't normally like theatrical farce and rhyming poetry style arty stuff, I couldn't but help think it was genius television. Pemperton and Shearsmith are very talented guys.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ender4 said:

Loved it, and yes it definitely gets better.

S2 was great fun, and S3 gets quite political.

S3>S2>S1>S4 if i had to rank them.

S4 was truly awful and that might be clouding my judgement on the show as a whole as it I did find it that bad, maybe stop watching at the end of s3? It was good enough for me to watch 4 seasons and as fit as some of the ladies are it takes more than that. My main gripe is that I really dislike Clarke and find her irritating, obnoxious and arrogant whilst at the same time being an enormous moron... which is a shame as she is the star of the show.

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

S4 was truly awful and that might be clouding my judgement on the show as a whole as it I did find it that bad, maybe stop watching at the end of s3? It was good enough for me to watch 4 seasons and as fit as some of the ladies are it takes more than that. My main gripe is that I really dislike Clarke and find her irritating, obnoxious and arrogant whilst at the same time being an enormous moron... which is a shame as she is the star of the show.

yes agree about Clarke.  

Luckily her role was smaller in S2 and S3 (which might be why those seasons were great).

Yes S4 was bad though, and also coincided with Clarke being centre stage again.

Just binged "Seven Seconds", which came out Friday on Netflix. It has echoes of the "Night Of", although not quite that good,  ( that's one high bar )it still captivated me. It's about an off duty New Jersey cop, who is involved in a hit and run with a young African American. Although a bit long winded in part's, it contains some fine acting on top of  a very emotive subject. I certainly recommend this one.

My wife and I have just started watching The Waling Dead from the start, currently S2 E5. So far so good but I'm getting a bit bored already with the hunt for the little girl. Wish they'd either find her or move on.

Â