Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

8 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Finished the latest series of Peaky Blinders. 

Great stuff and another strong season with a decent storyline and good characters. 

Really liked Adrian Brody as the mafiosa and think the Tom Hardy character is one of his best. 

Saw comments across various reviews and the wasteland that is the YouTube comments section, there are a fair few people moaning that it got a bit hammy (especially Brady) personally I thought both were great, more than anything else it comes across like a show that both actors really enjoyed doing, which with its good cast so far and it's Star fan base means that might carry on, if they do decide to base the next series around the yanks and prohibition then who knows who they can pull in 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

2 new Dave Chapelle stand ups came out on Netflix tonight. 

Wife and I ended up watching the 1st one - 10/10 top stuff.

The guy is a freakin' orator and master performer.

Equanimity is very good, probably a slightly higher standard than the 2 that came out recently. The Bird Revelation is a bit weird actually, its a proper small comedy club vibe and he generally seems to be working on the fly and getting through a fair amount of cigarettes. Very interesting but nowhere near as polished as you might expect from a Netflix show.

2 episodes into Romper Stomper, Not really sure it needed a 6 part follow up to a 25 year old skinhead movie but hey ho. Interesting enough so far & for those familliar with the original there are a couple of the original cast in it too

Edited by LakotaDakota

45 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

2 episodes into Romper Stomper, Not really sure it needed a 6 part follow up to a 25 year old skinhead movie but hey ho. Interesting enough so far & for those familliar with the original there are a couple of the original cast in it too

On a similar theme, I noticed that there's a Lethal Weapon TV series nowadays. They really will remake any old shit. 

2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Bloody hell, I remember watching that years ago. Decent film. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Started dark on Netflix, 2 episodes in and it's pretty good

I loved it.

But my advice is to pay attention. Not patronising you, but I found it pretty **** complicated so if you let your guard down you'll be lost!

15 hours ago, darrenm said:

Hang the DJ is incredible. This season's San Junipero.

Charlie Brooker :clap:

That one is next for me. Will watch it tonight.

I think Crocodile was my favourite so far, in terms of plot. I don't think it was as deep as other episodes in terms of the ideas explored, but the story was the best.

The Space Fleet one is my least favourite so far. It was ok, but way below the usual standard, and seemed like a cross between one of the older episodes (the one where you create a mini version of yourself in a sort of Amazon Echo style device) and Ready Player One.

31 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That one is next for me. Will watch it tonight.

I think Crocodile was my favourite so far, in terms of plot. I don't think it was as deep as other episodes in terms of the ideas explored, but the story was the best.

The Space Fleet one is my least favourite so far. It was ok, but way below the usual standard, and seemed like a cross between one of the older episodes (the one where you create a mini version of yourself in a sort of Amazon Echo style device) and Ready Player One.

I've just read on twitter that old Charlie may have been nicking ideas from Karly Pilkboids.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I've just read on twitter that old Charlie may have been nicking ideas from Karly Pilkboids.

Yep

Spoiler

Black museum has two storylines from Karl in the same episode!

Â