Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

2 episodes into Knightfall.

It's History Channels new series, guess it's supposed to be "Vikings" but this time about the Templar order.

So far it's a bit meh. But it's hard to say after so few episodes.

It vaguely resembles the build up in Kingdom of Heaven but thankfully no Orlando Bloom.

Sadly no Lagertha from Vikings either :( 

Started the new Star Trek Discovery last night - unsure what I think after the first couple of episodes,  but it seems worth persevering. Haven't actually got to USS Discovery or Jason Isaacs' captain yet, mind so very early days.

3 hours ago, Rodders said:

Started the new Star Trek Discovery last night - unsure what I think after the first couple of episodes,  but it seems worth persevering. Haven't actually got to USS Discovery or Jason Isaacs' captain yet, mind so very early days.

I have just finished Discovery, it starts again in January.

I found it watchable, I wouldn't rave about it but I don't think it's terrible viewing

The OH wanted me to watch S2 of The Crown a few nights ago. Got to say I enjoyed it. It's basically Eastenders with rich people but I like the historical back drop all the same. One episode is Phillip basically taking a 5 month stag do on the royal yacht. Makes him out to be a bit of a lad.*

*It is 2017 and it's ridiculous that monarchies still exist. I say line 'em up and put them on the dole.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

The OH wanted me to watch S2 of The Crown a few nights ago. Got to say I enjoyed it. It's basically Eastenders with rich people but I like the historical back drop all the same. One episode is Phillip basically taking a 5 month stag do on the royal yacht. Makes him out to be a bit of a lad.*

*It is 2017 and it's ridiculous that monarchies still exist. I say line 'em up and put them on the dole.

My take on it, exactly. I'm a republican, but it's an interesting and entertaining bit of (semi-fictionalised) history. Most of which I'm old enough to remember! 

As for Phil the Greek, he was a notorious shagger. My mate's Northern Irish mum told me about how he was stationed near where she lived during the war, when he was in the navy, and he went through the local women like nobody's business. She didn't say whether she was one of them... 

• Like 1

There is a 45 minute animated movie called Conquest and Rebellion about the history of the 7 kingdoms on the extra material for the DVD release of season 7 of Game of Thrones.

Not seen it yet but it might be fun for people like me who have not read the books.

Edit: It's already on youtube.

Edited by sne

Watched the pilot to Counterpart, one of the series I'm really looking forward to for next year.

Looks pretty good even thou it's hard to say what direction it will go after just 1 episode.

It has some plot similarities with The man in the high castle and at a stretch even The golden compass :D

J.K Simmons is always great and the pilot was promising.

On 13/12/2017 at 20:13, sne said:

The Passage based on the Justin Cronin books

I’m 50% excited, 50% scared about this. 

Those books are amazing. It’s a brilliantly written trilogy, which combines some well trodden themes (creatures of the night, post apocalyptic worlds) into something fresh and unique. 

If they get this right, it could be one of the best TV shows ever made. I really hoped HBO would pick it up or Netflix/Amazon, because personally, I think it needs a massive budget and high quality casting. I really hope they do it justice, because it’ll be amazing if they do. 

Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Apologies if this have already been posted but Amazon has produced a series based on the short stories of Phillip K Dick. 

I'm just a little bit excited.

These were on channel 4 a few months ago I believe.

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

Production looks great. I don't remember anyone mentioning on here but is it worth a watch?

I thought it was patchy. Some episodes good, others less so. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

I’m 50% excited, 50% scared about this. 

Those books are amazing. It’s a brilliantly written trilogy, which combines some well trodden themes (creatures of the night, post apocalyptic worlds) into something fresh and unique. 

If they get this right, it could be one of the best TV shows ever made. I really hoped HBO would pick it up or Netflix/Amazon, because personally, I think it needs a massive budget and high quality casting. I really hope they do it justice, because it’ll be amazing if they do. 

Fingers crossed. 

I love the books too, be devastated if they ruin it.

There really is potential to make something great there, I just hope they don't skip through the beginning as that is among the things I like best. The build up to this story is brilliant! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Production looks great. I don't remember anyone mentioning on here but is it worth a watch?

I’m with Mr @mjmooney , it’s ‘patchy’. 

There’s an element of style over substance about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â