Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

How does one watch Mr.Mercedes in the UK?

As far as I know / have heard, and Google seems to confirm, no one has picked it up yet. Which is a shame. Your only option at the moment is to pick it up yourself. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hogso said:

As far as I know / have heard, and Google seems to confirm, no one has picked it up yet. Which is a shame. Your only option at the moment is to pick it up yourself. 

Thanks mate, I'll look into that then. :)

This year has been an absolute vintage for quality TV imo. 

Everyone loves different things, but the sheer volume of great stuff has never been higher. 

My highlights; 

Legion - The best Marvel show by a country mile. Mindbending and brilliant. Aubrey Plaza gave the TV acting performance of the year. 

Leftovers (S3) - A show that reinvented itself in each of its 3 seasons. The last one was the best. Clever and intriguing all the way through. 

American Gods - Fantastic adaptation of the book so far. Best looking show of the year and season 2 should be brilliant. 

Preacher (S2) - Totally bonkers, frequently hilarious and generally just great fun to watch. Like a religious, fantasy version of Banshee for anyone that's seen that. The second series has massively kicked up a gear. 

Handmaids Tale - Really enjoyed this, thought it was really well made with some great acting. 

Peaky Blinders (S4) - Still two episodes to go, but it's been fantastic again so far. Adrien  Brody has been a great addition to the cast and Tom Hardy turned in another scene stealing cameo. Best British show around. 

Twin Peaks The Return - The best thing I've ever seen on TV. 

• Like 2

Have monday's off and since the weather was terrible I spent the entire day plowing through Godless.

Was a good day :)

Very good series, I do enjoy a story arc with a beginning and an ending (like True Detective or The Night Of)

This might not be quite up there with those shows but a very solid 8/10 for me.

You can (almost) never go wrong with a story set in the mythological "Wild West" and this twist on it worked really well.

Have tomorrow off as well, and the weather will be just as bad...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

Have monday's off and since the weather was terrible I spent the entire day plowing through Godless.

Was a good day :)

Very good series, I do enjoy a story arc with a beginning and an ending (like True Detective or The Night Of)

This might not be quite up there with those shows but a very solid 8/10 for me.

You can (almost) never go wrong with a story set in the mythological "Wild West" and this twist on it worked really well.

Have tomorrow off as well, and the weather will be just as bad...

Filmed in Santa Fe New Mexico where I get to spend my summers.

Awesome town, with incredible landscapes and wilderness.

• Like 1

Couple of new series I'm looking forward to in the upcoming year.

Counterpart sci-fi with the always brilliant J.K. Simmons

The Passage based on the Justin Cronin books

Le Peste about the Plague in 16th century Seville. Coming in mid January.

The Terror about a Naval expedition in 1847 who encounters an unknown terror. Very "Lovecraftian" from the sound of it.

Hopefully at least a few of them will turn out to be quality TV.

Â