Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

nope

thats not what the shows about, my missus couldnt watch it for that reason, the show is about the mental scarring of those that are left not about trying to find those that have gone, some of it goes off in to some very weird places but its excellent, basically everyone is damaged goods trying to carry on with their lives

the reason i couldnt watch lost was all the cheap as **** cliffhanger endings, theres none of that bullshit

ah fair enough, to be honest, as I long they tell me what those GR people are doing that will suffice, didn't expect any big answer to the where did they go question.

2 hours ago, Nath182 said:

Seen a few these. Doesn't it annoy you that they do the 'Primitive Survival Rating' thing at the start and end? Seems pointless.

Do you watch 'Alone'? Similar concept but (as suggested in the name) they're actually alone, no camera crew etc. New season of that started last week and it's brilliant!

Isn't it just to gauge whether they were successful or not during the 21 days? Don't have a problem with it myself. 

havent seen alone, may have to check that out.

7 hours ago, omariqy said:

Currently enjoying season 7 of Suits and season 3 of Silicon Valley.

I'm on season 5 of Suits and losing interest...season 4 was tedious and the format/plot of 5 just isn't working for me. I'm only half a dozen episodes in though...

13 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Started The Leftovers last night after all the decent reviews I've been hearing lately.

Intrigued definitely. Though those silent people would really do my f**king head in. I hope that explanations do emerge. After watching the opening episode my heart sank when I learned that it is being done by the same people behind Lost. Please don't go on a mystery tour of making more shit up as they go along!

1st season. Slow, intruiging and weird. Enough to keep you interested, but it isn't for everybody. 

2nd season. Totally different. Everything changes for the better 

I'm heading towards the finale and S3 has been ace as well. 

Stick with it. It doesn't  go down the lost rabbit hole. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I know it yo give it time but don't think house of cards is for me.

How long did you give it?

I got 2 seasons in and it was excellent. Not sure why I stopped! 

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

i started something could 13 reasons why. It's a very unique concept 

There's quite a lot of 13 reasons why chatter much earlier in this thread. I say & watched it all back to back one afternoon/evening. Wouldn't recommend doing that as it's rather um draining/emotional but well worth sticking with :)

Just watched the first 2 episodes of Midnight, Texas on NBC, Based on books by Charlaine Harris  (Same author True Blood was based on). Looks interesting enough so far if you like witches/vampires/supernatural & Arielle Kebbel running around in her pants but after so many netflix/amazon shows i am really starting to dislike having to wait a week for the next episode of something

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

the reason i couldnt watch lost was all the cheap as **** cliffhanger endings, theres none of that bullshit

I don't know about that...

Spoiler

The one where Kevin drinks poison and dies is a pretty big cliffhanger! 

I enjoyed The Leftovers on the whole but also found it unfulfilling. It was a show that seemed very, very pleased with itself. 

I liked that the departure wasn't (fully) explained but I found it similar to Lost in that it created other mysteries that had no relevance to the plot as devices to keep people watching, with no intention of explaining them.

Spoiler

To say at the end that the whole thing was just a love story was bullshit IMO. 

Edited by JB

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

i started something could 13 reasons why. It's a very unique concept 

You should stick with House of Cards. The first few seasons are some of the best TV on Netflix.

13 Reasons Why is ok. It deals with some pretty serious issues and has a couple of scenes (one in particular) that are incredibly harrowing.
However, it's about twice as long as it should be. The episodes in the middle of the season are a real drag to get through.
It's worth it though. A decent show overall.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You should stick with House of Cards. The first few seasons are some of the best TV on Netflix.

13 Reasons Why is ok. It deals with some pretty serious issues and has a couple of scenes (one in particular) that are incredibly harrowing.
However, it's about twice as long as it should be. The episodes in the middle of the season are a real drag to get through.
It's worth it though. A decent show overall.

Thanks I will stick with house of cards as a lot of people have said this . 13 reasons I am just intrigued to find out reason why.  

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

There's a point I started laughing at this, and then realised that was the entire joke, and it's not funny anymore.

Sort of reminds me of Pool Jumpers. Parody trailers are a common (and sort of a cop out/easy) comedy trope.

Fargo series 3. Theres always one standout performer in each of the series. Series 1 Billy Bob Thornton. Series 2 Kirsten Dunst. series 3 David Thewlis is back to his creepy best. He's brilliant in it. 

• Like 1

In news that will shock literally no one, Inhumans is garbage.

A screener is out and the only comment made has described it as hopeless, the only positive being Lockjaw, the giant teleporting bulldog. The rest? Dreadful. The writer states they liked Iron Fist so that should give you an idea of how bad this needs to be to be described as dreadful.

...I didn't see that coming at all.

On 8/4/2017 at 11:31, Chindie said:

In news that will shock literally no one, Inhumans is garbage.

A screener is out and the only comment made has described it as hopeless, the only positive being Lockjaw, the giant teleporting bulldog. The rest? Dreadful. The writer states they liked Iron Fist so that should give you an idea of how bad this needs to be to be described as dreadful.

...I didn't see that coming at all.

Further to this, Inhumans had a panel at the Television Critics Association earlier. It was a car crash. Critics asked reasonable questions and nobody knew what to do. They cut the panel short. And some of the answers... oof. Jeph Loeb, who runs Marvel TV more or less, was reduced to answering one question desperately going 'Look, what you've seen is unfinished'. Except one of the things that raised that was a question about exactly what one characters' power was, because nobody knew. Something which is kinda fundamental to a show about superheroes, and more so a show about people who have become in essence a different race because of their enhancements.

Awful. Absolute crap. Marvel hubris and infighting giving us utter shit.

I'm only just on the Netflix bandwagon.

Currently watching: OITNB

Planned: House of Cards, The West Wing, Westworld, Ozark

Anything else? (already seen stuff like Stranger Things and Rick and Morty)

Edited by StefanAVFC

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'm only just on the Netflix bandwagon.

Currently watching: OITNB

Planned: House of Cards, The West Wing, Westworld, Ozark

where to start...

absolute must - stranger things, daredevil, jessica jones, narcos, fargo if you havent already seen it, making a murderer

decent watch - marco polo, sense 8, the get down, the crown, master of none, the killing, 13 reasons why, bloodline

disappointing but you'll still watch them - luke cage, iron fist

coming soon - mindhunter, defenders

there are also a fair few good documentaries on there the best IMO being 13th

Â