Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 18/07/2017 at 23:55, villa4europe said:

Finished the leftovers, just brilliant, jumped around and went off in so many different places but the ending was superb, the love boat episode, the scene in the penultimate episode where Kevin reads the untitled love story

i know a lot of people won't like it or get it but it's ridiculously underrated for me, how it's got I think 1 Emmy nomination is beyond me, Carrie coon and Justin Theroux should have had nods as well as best drama

I'm on episode 4. It's brilliant. 

Although given the Metacritic score, I expected a little bit more. So far, it hasn't hit the heights of S2 for me yet. 

7 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Anyone watched Ozark on Netflix?

It's the best thing i've seen Jason Bateman in, it's an awesome series too. Definitely recommend.

9/10 easily :D 

I saw the trailer and it looked good. Looking for a new show to gorge on so may give it a bash. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chindie said:

First Defenders reviews are in, as usual based on the first half of the series.

Mixed reactions.

... Looks like they've **** up.

:(

That's disappointing to hear. I've only watched S1 of Daredevil from the Marvel stuff on Netflix so far, but had planned to watch them all, leading into the Defenders. 

Given the things I've read on here about all of the rest and now this, I feel like it's all just going to be downhill from here. Not sure I can be arsed. 

They've really dropped the balll a bit on quality output with the TV shows Vs the movies, haven't they?

Daredevil is great (well S1 is anyway) and Legion is one of the best shows on TV full stop, but the rest sound a bit 'meh' 

Apart from the one with the giant Pug, that looks ace! ;)

7 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Twin Peaks was some damn good cherry pie this week. 

I think it's really hit stride now to be honest. Everything from Episode 6 onwards has been brilliant, although I didn't really appreciate Ep. 8 until a second viewing. To quote Dale Cooper; "I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange"

• Like 1

On 24/07/2017 at 11:41, PieFacE said:

Anyone watched Ozark on Netflix?

It's the best thing i've seen Jason Bateman in, it's an awesome series too. Definitely recommend.

9/10 easily :D 

Finished episode 3 and 4 last night, it is very good.

On 18/07/2017 at 23:55, villa4europe said:

Finished the leftovers, just brilliant, jumped around and went off in so many different places but the ending was superb, the love boat episode, the scene in the penultimate episode where Kevin reads the untitled love story

i know a lot of people won't like it or get it but it's ridiculously underrated for me, how it's got I think 1 Emmy nomination is beyond me, Carrie coon and Justin Theroux should have had nods as well as best drama

Watched ep 5 last night. Top drawer TV. 

The guy in the submarine?! What a scene ( brave guy, I mean he wasn't exactly packing heat was he? looked like mine, a button mushroom in a straw field!) 

Almost at the end of prison break. Season 5 really isn't that good. For me season 1 and 4 are the best followed by 3. 2 and 5 weakest.

wonderong what to start next. Might take a lok at castlevania

finished fargo season 2, apart from the obvious baffling bits its absolutely brilliant, same as season 1 i started it then gave up for no reason whatsoever finished it and loved it

season 3 on 4 on demand starts at episode 5 :( not sure where else its available (properly...)

also started ozarks, 3 episodes in its pretty good

also finished a league of their own US road trip 2, i personally love it, possibly because corden isnt actually in it that much, its scripted and edited in a top gear kind of fashion but some of it had me in stitches

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Almost at the end of prison break. Season 5 really isn't that good. For me season 1 and 4 are the best followed by 3. 2 and 5 weakest.

wonderong what to start next. Might take a lok at castlevania

You can watch Castlevania in an evening. It's 4 episodes long, about 2 hours total. It also is plainly unfinished. Ends as the story is about to actually kick in. And has bizarre dialogue, loads of pointless and empty swearing for no reason. Hints of something decent but not much else.

Bit disappointing. They are going to do 'series 2' (ha!) so it might almost be worth leaving it and coming back once they've actually finished it.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

You can watch Castlevania in an evening. It's 4 episodes long, about 2 hours total. It also is plainly unfinished. Ends as the story is about to actually kick in. And has bizarre dialogue, loads of pointless and empty swearing for no reason. Hints of something decent but not much else.

Bit disappointing. They are going to do 'series 2' (ha!) so it might almost be worth leaving it and coming back once they've actually finished it.

Thanks. Sounds garbage. Might take your advice then. Might start revenge or house of cards next

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thanks. Sounds garbage. Might take your advice then. Might start revenge or house of cards next

It isn't garbage, there's hints of something alright in there but it's not a complete story by any means and has some weird decisions and odd characterisation at times.

House of Cards is certainly more worth your time as it stands. That has its own up and downs but there's long stretches where it's fantastic. Certainly the first series.

Â