Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 8/11/2017 at 18:38, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Just finished season one of Ozark... LOVED IT!!!!  Very much in the mold of breaking bad, dialogue is superb and it has a fair few unexpected twists along the way.

Me too, what a great show. I'm used to seeing Marty in sillier roles. A bit like Heisenberg. He's really impressed me.

Can't wait for season 2!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've started Power.

Thoroughly bored by the first episode, but I'll plug away. Everyone I know who's watching it loves it so it must be good!

its a fantastic show

Just started The Mist as loved the film please be good! 

Any Amazon Prime recs? I've watched American Gods and a few films in 2 months and that's about it really, not sure I'll keep paying for it as I'm enjoying Netflix a lot more and hardly ever use AP much. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Just started The Mist as loved the film please be good! 

As mentioned earlier in the thread, it is very, very different to the film. It's not terrible, but if you're expecting a stretched out version of the film, you may be disappointed.

38 minutes ago, hogso said:

As mentioned earlier in the thread, it is very, very different to the film. It's not terrible, but if you're expecting a stretched out version of the film, you may be disappointed.

Yeah I expect it to be different. Enjoying so far only on episode 2 

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Any Amazon Prime recs? I've watched American Gods and a few films in 2 months and that's about it really, not sure I'll keep paying for it as I'm enjoying Netflix a lot more and hardly ever use AP much. 

I don't give AP enough of a look myself tbh, it tends to be 3rd string behind Netflix and Sky. 

Preacher is well worth a look. I think it's ace.  

Fear the walking Dead is okay-ish

Comedy wise, if you've never seen Parks and Recreation, you haven't lived. 

I didn't rate Man in the High Castle, but I know some do. 

Sneaky Pete and Mr Robot are supposed to be decent. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I don't give AP enough of a look myself tbh, it tends to be 3rd string behind Netflix and Sky. 

Preacher is well worth a look. I think it's ace.  

Fear the walking Dead is okay-ish

Comedy wise, if you've never seen Parks and Recreation, you haven't lived. 

I didn't rate Man in the High Castle, but I know some do. 

Sneaky Pete and Mr Robot are supposed to be decent. 

Into the Badlands also worth a watch.

• Like 2

Netflix stuff, I quickly made this of the not-so-obvious things to watch for someone new to it at work

Comedy Series

Rick and Morty
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Father Ted
The IT Crowd
Arrested Development
Come Fly with Me
Little Britain
Outnumbered
Orange is the new Black
Brooklyn nine-nine
Peep Show
Unbreakable
Master of none
Californication
Death in paradise
Mitchell & webb look

Drama Series

Rome
The Killing (both)
House of Cards
American horror story
13 reasons why
Luther
Sherlock
Black mirror
Peaky blinders
Line of duty
Narcos
Stranger things
Making a murderer
The crown
fargo
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
Jessica Jones
Ozark
The tudors
Whitechapel
A series of unfortunate events
Being human
Homeland

Comedy Stand up

Jim Jefferies freedumb
Frankie Boyle – any
Jim Jefferies Bare
Jimmy Carr

Dcoumentaries

World war ii in colour (English)
Stephen fry in america
Long way round
Stop at nothing
History of the eagles
Barkley marathons
Cowspiracy
Clean spirit

• Like 1

As far as Netflix goes, I have to recommend both seasons of Flaked. Its such an overlooked little gem. I honestly can see why most would dislike it, its a self absorbed comedy drama about initially quite unlikeable good looking Hollywood type people but it slowly develops, it just works and is just an easy little watch that doesn't outstay its welcome. Loved it all. Definitely worth a watch imo. Of course ymmv.

I finished Ozark as well, really good.  The daughter did end up getting on my tits but mildly compared to Homeland and 24.  The only other thing that bothered me was the amount of people to whom Marty just blurted out what he was doing.  I think they could have been a bit cleverer with it like they would in Breaking Bad.  Still a really good show and should have plenty of different avenues to go down in series 2.

8 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Bosch is very good if you like cop dramas. I loved it, but I am a fan of the books as well. 

14 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Goliath and Sneaky Pete are worth a look.

Â