Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Also just watched Stranger Things over yesterday and today. Thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I honestly can't pick any flaws in it. Superb show.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Enjoyed the new Rick & Morty. More of the same really which isn't a bad thing and then a dark turn to finish. Excellent stuff 

I honestly can't praise this show enough, I was clearly late to the party but it's one of the best animated shows I've ever seen. Clever and funny aren't easy to do.

• Like 1

Finished Prison break, season 5 was pretty meh to be honest, probably that and season 2 were my least favourites

Think I am going to start the mist as I loved the movie. Either that or taken. Anyone seen either and if would they recommend? 

16 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Seen the first few episodes of Ozark.  I'm liking it a lot so far but I'm a bit wary of the teenage daughter being a dickhead and partially ruining it like in 24 and Homeland.

Fear not :)

16 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Seen the first few episodes of Ozark.  I'm liking it a lot so far but I'm a bit wary of the teenage daughter being a dickhead and partially ruining it like in 24 and Homeland.

She doesn't really get any worse than in the first couple of eps.

Really enjoyed the show but felt it didn't really need a whole hour of 10 years ago flashback as the 8th episode

15 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

She doesn't really get any worse than in the first couple of eps.

Really enjoyed the show but felt it didn't really need a whole hour of 10 years ago flashback as the 8th episode

Yeah that was a bit oddly placed. 

Recently caught up with some televisual entertainments.

The Handmaid's Tale was better than expected. "Praised be, bitch." What an episode.

I thought the latest season of Fargo was the weakest yet. Still great! just not as compelling as series 1&2. David Thewlis should be in everything. Varga was such a grotesque, repulsive character. Thought I detected a little Brummie in his accent occasionally. :D  

22 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I loved Prison Break series 1. They should have just finished it after that. Thought it went terrible.

How prisons do they break out of in the end? 3, 4? 

Yeah I think towards the end started getting silly, I mean they could have centered the story with other things barring the prison. Series 5 was terrible in my view 

Starting House of Cards at last. Lets see if it is as good as the hype suggests 

Edited by Demitri_C

Started The Leftovers last night after all the decent reviews I've been hearing lately.

Intrigued definitely. Though those silent people would really do my f**king head in. I hope that explanations do emerge. After watching the opening episode my heart sank when I learned that it is being done by the same people behind Lost. Please don't go on a mystery tour of making more shit up as they go along!

Edited by Rodders

55 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Started The Leftovers last night after all the decent reviews I've been hearing lately.

Intrigued definitely. Though those silent people would really do my f**king head in. I hope that explanations do emerge. After watching the opening episode my heart sank when I learned that it is being done by the same people behind Lost. Please don't go on a mystery tour of making more shit up as they go along!

Nah, it's pretty solid. It's based on books so there's actual story there rather than any kind of making it up like Lost. If you find season 1 a bit slow or difficult to get through, don't give up. Season 2 is a blast. Totally different pace.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rodders said:

nope

thats not what the shows about, my missus couldnt watch it for that reason, the show is about the mental scarring of those that are left not about trying to find those that have gone, some of it goes off in to some very weird places but its excellent, basically everyone is damaged goods trying to carry on with their lives

the reason i couldnt watch lost was all the cheap as **** cliffhanger endings, theres none of that bullshit

• Like 1

On 8/1/2017 at 12:58, AVFCDAN said:

I'm going to start Ozark soon I think.

Rick and Morty S3 has just started along with Naked and Afraid S8.

Seen a few these. Doesn't it annoy you that they do the 'Primitive Survival Rating' thing at the start and end? Seems pointless.

Do you watch 'Alone'? Similar concept but (as suggested in the name) they're actually alone, no camera crew etc. New season of that started last week and it's brilliant!

Â