Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Top of the Lake doesn't paint a very flattering picture of Australian men. 

Or Kiwi's, if you include the first series too. And especially if you're a male cop.

• Like 1

Finished The Leftovers. 

Fantastic. Well worth the time, very unique and original. 

It's a bit out there, which might put some off, but its top class TV in every way. 

Also, I love the fact it's 3 series and done. No dragging it out for 4/5/6 series, it's a nice little binge watch for people. 

Highly recommend for those that have SKY or other means....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'm only just on the Netflix bandwagon.

Currently watching: OITNB

Planned: House of Cards, The West Wing, Westworld, Ozark

Anything else? (already seen stuff like Stranger Things and Rick and Morty)

Master of none and Love are both recommended. Glow was pretty solid as well.

52 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Urban is in talks to come back as Dredd.

YES.

That would be ace. Sounds like it's mainly down to scheduling, hope they can work it out :thumb:

• Like 1

I've given Westworld another half chance, but it still has me unconvinced. Third times a charm, or do I scrap it altogether?

Edited by maqroll

53 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I've given Westworld another half chance, but it still has me unconvinced. Third times a charm, or do I scrap it altogether?

It's a solid 8.5/9 out of 10 show for me. There is a key clue that makes it much more enjoyable to watch IMHO - but it only becomes really clear in the last episode and even then it might not be that clear to someone if they are confused.

I think to get the best out of the show it's better viewing to know it before you start watching but that's just my opinion.

Plenty of blogs out there if you want to know what I'm rattling on about.

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

I thought it was vastly overrated.

Worth a watch, but nowhere near the masterpiece so many had made it out to be.

It's ok, but I wouldn't worry too much if you miss it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

It's a solid 8.5/9 out of 10 show for me. There is a key clue that makes it much more enjoyable to watch IMHO - but it only becomes really clear in the last episode and even then it might not be that clear to someone if they are confused.

I think to get the best out of the show it's better viewing to know it before you start watching but that's just my opinion.

Plenty of blogs out there if you want to know what I'm rattling on about.

I think you're talking about the spoiler that you gave me (apologies if it wasn't you but it was someone on this thread)

Spoiler

that the old guy and the younger chap are the same person in two different time lines

In which case I disagree. That ruined a major reveal for me and I was gutted I knew about it.

i agree with the first point but not the second, the quality of westworld only becomes apparent once it unravels itself which is in about the last 4 episodes, i found it sluggish for the first half and nearly gave up on it, disagree over finding out about it first though, the whole thing is right in front of your face the whole time and you just cant see it, thats the enjoyment

theres plenty of youtube stuff you can watch to mop it up once you've finished it, i think from memory of what i saw the story is pretty much revealed within the first half hour of the show

Spoiler

cant remember who the first character you see go up the escalator is but when william goes up it the logos are all different

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i agree with the first point but not the second, the quality of westworld only becomes apparent once it unravels itself which is in about the last 4 episodes, i found it sluggish for the first half and nearly gave up on it, disagree over finding out about it first though, the whole thing is right in front of your face the whole time and you just cant see it, thats the enjoyment

theres plenty of youtube stuff you can watch to mop it up once you've finished it, i think from memory of what i saw the story is pretty much revealed within the first half hour of the show

Reveal hidden contents

cant remember who the first character you see go up the escalator is but when william goes up it the logos are all different

Exactly. The joy is finding that out and thinking "of course!"

I got none of that. It all became too obvious once I'd been told.

Just finished 13 reasons why, I didnt think i would like but damn it was good. Sad story but good show. Happy they are making a season 2 as there is a lot more they need to explore 

Now I need to move onto something new, decisions decisions 

• Like 1

On 07/08/2017 at 14:53, StefanAVFC said:

I'm only just on the Netflix bandwagon.

Currently watching: OITNB

Planned: House of Cards, The West Wing, Westworld, Ozark

Anything else? (already seen stuff like Stranger Things and Rick and Morty)

Better Call Saul, Glow, Narcos and Master of None are ace. 

All the marvel stuff is very "meh".

Some really good documentaries, 13th, precinct seven five, making a murderer.

Edited by PieFacE

45 minutes ago, hogso said:

Not heard of that, is it on Netflix?

Yes its on netflix. its not action its more about 13 reasons why it lead to a teenage girls suicide telling the story through 13 tapes. Its different but very interesting. A sad story but really opens your eyes to bullying and what can happen 

Â