Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I'm enjoying it too, last week was superb.

Like you, I'm piggy backing on my OH tuning in but did watch it last night even though she was out :blush:

I also see it as generating 'credits' with the wife for when the football season starts :D 

I was piggy backing at first but I'm unashamed to admit it has me completely hooked.

OH went to bed early last night as she had to be up at 4am for work. I happily tuned in by myself.

(PS Tyla is going to turn)

Just now, Stevo985 said:

(PS Tyla is going to turn)

I said the same to my wife last night when she asked me what had happened.

Johnny is proper minted too it seems although he's not really letting on.

I love Kem, he's the best character in there.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I am.

The other half was watching it when we were on holiday so I've got into it.

It's actually brilliant.

Oh stevo ive just lost a ounce of respect for you !!!

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I said the same to my wife last night when she asked me what had happened.

Johnny is proper minted too it seems although he's not really letting on.

I love Kem, he's the best character in there.

Johnny is a mug.

Yes, Kem is hilarious

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I've no idea what Love Island is but it sounds like the gheyest thing ever.

I don't even want to research it. 

...are there tits?

loads, and girls with hot bods in thongs / bikini's for 90% of the show.

53 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not ashamed. It's a great show.

My GF made me watched part of it last night.. Absolute garbage. i would say its on the level of big brother of crapness. But whatever tickles your fancy :) 

2 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Six episodes into the new season of Twin Peaks. Anyone else think it's veered onto the wrong side of wtf?

Oh dear. You are NOT going to like episode 8 :crylaugh:

• Like 1

Just now, wazzap24 said:

Oh dear. You are NOT going to like episode 8 :crylaugh:

Big fan of the original, and obviously the new season was going to have to go in a somewhat different direction, but the tone/sense of place that made the first 2 series so great are sorely lacking imo. Some of the side-stories are interminably tedious as well :(

27 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Big fan of the original, and obviously the new season was going to have to go in a somewhat different direction, but the tone/sense of place that made the first 2 series so great are sorely lacking imo. Some of the side-stories are interminably tedious as well :(

I've loved it to be honest, I think it's been utterly brilliant. I can see what your getting at though, it does feel like Lynch is deliberately trolling at times with the pacing! 

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not ashamed. It's a great show.

Is it full of pretty looking people who have no real talent or character who will then go on to be on celebrity big brother or the jungle or some channel 5 farm show?

i can't bring myself to take part in the whole process of making rocket polishers famous 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

i can't bring myself to take part in the whole process of making rocket polishers famous 

There aren't enough likes available in the  universe for this post ...:

anyway , I've just finished Genius , another one of those shows that had me running to google every 30 secs to fact check , really wish I wouldn't do that !!

compelling viewing and has def made me want to go away and read up more on einstein ... not that l'll understand a word of his work , made me wonder what would have happened if he hadn't been born , where would our understanding be , was anyone else capable of coming up with the theories he produced etc .

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Is it full of pretty looking people who have no real talent or character who will then go on to be on celebrity big brother or the jungle or some channel 5 farm show?

No real talent? Yeah pretty much. Although there is an Olympic athlete in there. Oh, and a guy from Blazin' Squad :D 

No character? Some of them. Some of them are full of character.

I've watched a million of these shows, as most of us have. I'd agree that most of them are total garbage. Big Brother being the pinnacle of shit.

Love Island is ACTUALLY entertaining though. I doubt it'll last long for me. I'll probably try to watch the next series and be bored. But at the moment it entertains me.

Edited by Stevo985

House of Cards series 5.

Still compelling viewing, but completely jumped the shark and utterly daft.

Second half of the series adds a mysterious character that may as well be a wizard, with next to no explanation. And the plot? **** hell. It's so unbelievable the fact anyone is playing it straight is hilarious.

But it's certainly watchable.

HoC was excellent up to Season 3.

Like you, I enjoy it, but the the Underwoods have gone from being fully fleshed out characters with flaws, to caricatures of themselves. I expect Frank to grow a moustache just so that he can twirl it, to camera.

It's almost Flanderisation, to use a TV Tropes term.

I found series 5 at least entertaining unlike 4 which was a bit painful.  Hopefully the next series they can finish it up with the house of cards finally crumbling.  The journalist investigation is the most interesting bit of the programme so I hope it ramps up a bit.

Finally up to date on Twin Peaks!

Spoiler

Big disappointment so far for me. Twin Peaks always had an engaging narrative that was augmented by the general quirkiness associated with the show. Now it's just weirdness for the sake of weirdness with little or no substance. Add to that the fact that Lynch is dragging the arse out of tedious side-stories. Dougie? Really? "Okay Kyle, time for another 20 minute scene where different people talk to you and you repeat the last word they say. That won't become tiresome at all!"

It seems to be getting some good reviews but all I can think of is the emperor's new clothes! 10 episodes to go to redeem itself, but for me it's self-indulgent and lacking substance. 

Â