Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

BCS, wonderful. Again.

Can't wait for the next episode

For once, I'm glad they are keeping them a week apart. I'd have binged the whole thing in a day if they were all released in one but the anticipation of waiting for the next instalment just adds to it. It's just like the olden days.

• Like 1

Born to Kill (not to be mixed up with 'Born to Kill?') is fantastic. Jack Rowan is doing an astounding job as Sam. Utterly captivating, unnerving, and deeply disturbing.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, hogso said:

Born to Kill (not to be mixed up with 'Born to Kill?') is fantastic. Jack Rowan is doing an astounding job as Sam. Utterly captivating, unnerving, and deeply disturbing.

Agreed - I posted something similar a week ago.

He's really quite unsettling.

BCS is giving off some serious Breaking Bad vibes this season, I love it.

14 minutes ago, darrenm said:

With BCS, did I miss something or am I supposed to know what they're up to?

I don't think so, my guess would be, and it's only a guess....

Spoiler

Mike went round to Chuck's house and took loads of photos of the place to show all the weird stuff he's done to it with his fear of electricity. Kim also managed to get Chuck to admit there's a second tape (which i'm presuming she was also recording). I think they will try and get Chuck to lose his law license for being a bit crazy, and Jimmy will get off as they will prove that Chuck was trying to set him up.... or something along those lines.

Edited by PieFacE

23 hours ago, Rodders said:

Late to the Line of Duty party. Watched Season 1 earlier this week - so good. 

Started season 2 - looks good too, but looks like they're upping the Woah factor already

same here.  watched S1 last week. was great.

watched first 2 episodes of S2 last night and my reaction was Woah!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

same here.  watched S1 last week. was great.

watched first 2 episodes of S2 last night and my reaction was Woah!

It reminds me 24 in it's escalation of what nextery!

Well what more can I say about Better Call Saul that hasn't been said already? Wow. It just gets better and better. Sounds slightly over the top but with each new episode I'm sat almost watching in awe at the brilliance of it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JB said:

Well what more can I say about Better Call Saul that hasn't been said already? Wow. It just gets better and better. Sounds slightly over the top but with each new episode I'm sat almost watching in awe at the brilliance of it.

I didn't think Vince Gilligan was going to live up to Breaking Bad but it's in danger of being even better.

• Like 1

I've actually enjoyed season 2 of True Detective. The story is not as unique as season 1 and has nowhere near the same amount of dread, atmosphere and mystique and its blatantly trying to copy a lot of other more successful cops/corrupted officials/messed up relationships/gangsters type shows etc... *cough*the wire*cough* but for its faults it really works. 

Taylor Kitsch is the undoubted star of this show, he was phenomenal and his character arc was absolutely heartbreaking. I also really thought Vince Vaughan would be the absolute worst aspect of this show but he was nearly as good as Kitsch, boggles the mind to think of the absolute dirge he has done over the years and then he does this?

So yes, not as good as season 1 as expected but still a great season of TV nonetheless. 

8/10.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, darrenm said:

With BCS, did I miss something or am I supposed to know what they're up to?

Nope, I don't think we're meant to know.

And for once I'm not even trying to guess. I'm enjoying BCS continuing to surprise me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Nope, I don't think we're meant to know.

And for once I'm not even trying to guess. I'm enjoying BCS continuing to surprise me.

Regarding Jimmy's storyline, nope, I don't think so and as you say, it's good to be surprised. That was one of my favourite things about Breaking Bad, how clever it was and how it kept you guessing.

As for Mike's? I think it's quite obvious where it's heading, though I'll spoiler it just in case...

Spoiler

Pretty sure Mike and Gus will be the ones who put Hector in the chair, somehow, whether accidentally or on purpose. Can't wait to see how that unfolds.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2017 at 10:08, Stevo985 said:

BCS, wonderful. Again.

Can't wait for the next episode

Just caught up. Incredible. Looks great, so well acted, cannot guess for the life of me what's going to happen. Haven't enjoyed something this much for a very long time. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ginko said:

Regarding Jimmy's storyline, nope, I don't think so and as you say, it's good to be surprised. That was one of my favourite things about Breaking Bad, how clever it was and how it kept you guessing.

As for Mike's? I think it's quite obvious where it's heading, though I'll spoiler it just in case...

Hide contents

Pretty sure Mike and Gus will be the ones who put Hector in the chair, somehow, whether accidentally or on purpose. Can't wait to see how that unfolds.

Yeah that's exactly where it's going. I reckon next episode even.

On 5 May 2017 at 09:17, lapal_fan said:

Second Episode of season 12 (Waterpark) Always Sunny might just be the best thing on TV since episode 2 of season 2 of the IT Crowd (The theatre episode).

I cried with laughter.  Everything about it was just perfect.

Mac is the best.

I just noticed the new series is up on Netflix.  Agreed that episode was great, the bit with Frank at the end had me in stitches.  I still wouldn't put it in the same league as IT Crowd though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I just noticed the new series is up on Netflix.  Agreed that episode was great, the bit with Frank at the end had me in stitches.  I still wouldn't put it in the same league as IT Crowd though.

I wouldn't put Sunny in the same league as I.T crowd either.   

Â