Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

finally caught up with Line of Duty. 

Summary - season 3 =- F**king hell. That was good tv, the peak so far, but season 4 was also really good. Though if Adrian Dunbar's character ever ends up being some ultimate big bad, that'll be shark jumping territory for me. 

• Like 2

Yes, agreed. I alluded to it earlier in this thread whilst series 4 was on, but it is already getting a little too unbelieveable. I sincerely hope he isn't the pupper master, unless they take it down the masons-are-running-the-world route. Which would definitely be jumping the shark, but it would also be highly amusing at the very least.

Oh, I forgot the whole reason I came in to the thread.

The Dinosaur extinction event docu last night on BBC2. Very good, despite the near Walking Dead levels of CGI, and the fact it basically summed up to 'yeah we were right all along'.

Edited by hogso

Just a random question, does eveyone here have netflix and Amazon Prime? do you have Sky as well?

I currently have sky and Netflix, not been too bothered about anything on Prime but now shows look to be improving

Also im really excited for Flaked season 2 arriving to Netflix in June.

I loved Season 1, thought it was great and very unpredictable, cant believe the poor review scores it gets. I must be taking crazy pills or something.

Hopefully more people will watch it. I really dont want it to be cancelled. 

Other things iv been watching:

Master of None season 2 -  really enjoyed it and accidentally binge watched the series.

BCS - Love it, like eveyone else

Silicon Valley - quite enjoy it but think it will keep getting worse as worried they will just start repeating similar storylines

brooklyn 99 - sure,its funny enough, keeps my entertained

Designated survivor - i really enjoyed the premise and first few episodes but now its just getting too similar to 24 which i never really liked

Edited by zak

15 hours ago, Chindie said:

It's fantastic. I suspect that episode will turn a few people off, but... It's just so good. Turning it into sort of an anthology around a main arc has been genius. Little vignettes playing with the ideas help pad out the plot and make these little cool stories of their own. And it's **** beautiful.

The opening was fantastic and very, very, very reminiscent of a few scenes from Pratchett's take on

Reveal hidden contents

Death. Every Discworld fan will know the little moments when Death appears to a character and takes them away, and it is incredibly similar to that. Often right down to the desert. Although usually a little more profound :)

Also, Erika Kaar.

Yes! I had to rewind that whole scene because I wasn't watching it properly, I was googling her.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, zak said:

Just a random question, does eveyone here have netflix and Amazon Prime? do you have Sky as well?

I currently have sky and Netflix, not been too bothered about anything on Prime but now shows look to be improving

I've got them all. 

TV Heaven 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rodders said:

finally caught up with Line of Duty. 

Summary - season 3 =- F**king hell. That was good tv, the peak so far, but season 4 was also really good. Though if Adrian Dunbar's character ever ends up being some ultimate big bad, that'll be shark jumping territory for me. 

I strongly suspect that's where it's going.

However, given how it normally goes, the fact we're suspecting it probably means we're way off.

I wish I could get into Line of Duty, I've only heard good things but I watched the 1st season and thought it was pretty forgettable. I got about 30-40 minutes into season 2 and had to turn it off. It seems like one long, grey, slow show to me. I know I'm in the minority, just not for me I guess.

3 hours ago, zak said:

Just Prime and Netflix for me. **** giving Sky any money.

If you get Prime just for American Gods, I'd give Man In The High Castle a go, too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zak said:

Designated survivor - i really enjoyed the premise and first few episodes but now its just getting too similar to 24 which i never really liked

It is one of the daftest things I've ever seen.  It's like a whole series of 24 with 8 series of West Wing thrown in.  I need to stick it out until the end though (assuming it does end, as it seems to have been going for years already).

6 hours ago, zak said:

I have all 3 (well, NOW TV, not Sky)

Prime is definitely my most underused one at present. 

7 hours ago, zak said:

Virgin with everything & Amazon prime.

Netflix stuff i want is currently "acquired" but will sort it out properly at some point

4 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I wish I could get into Line of Duty, I've only heard good things but I watched the 1st season and thought it was pretty forgettable. I got about 30-40 minutes into season 2 and had to turn it off. It seems like one long, grey, slow show to me. I know I'm in the minority, just not for me I guess.

Same. Although I couldn't even get past the first episode of season 1. I found it really grating to be honest. I know a fair few people who rave about it so checked it out on Netflix. I have to assume that it gets a lot, lot better but even if it does I don't think I could power through another episode of it. To be fair, most things are seeming rubbish to me at the moment as they're suffering in comparison to Better Call Saul...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zak said:

I have prime, Netflix and now TV. Don't really watch anything but Netflix.

Prime is utterly rubbish, nowtv has a few decent things but crap quality and technology. Netflix is by far way and above better than anything else. They let people be creative and the technology is great.

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Just Prime and Netflix for me. **** giving Sky any money.

If you get Prime just for American Gods, I'd give Man In The High Castle a go, too.

I wouldn't bother with man in the high castle. Bored me to tears.

Â