Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

It certainly has a lot of the atmosphere of the book. It's been a very long time since I've read it but I distinctly remember the feel the whole story has, and the show seems to have interpreted that well.

My only concern at the moment is, as said earlier, is how well it translates to a new audience. The first episode raises questions that it doesn't answer by any means, and given how weird it is I could see it turning people off. Especially as it likes its lofty imagery which some might find pretentious.

But for now, as a fan... Bloody good stuff.

Coopers treasure is quite interesting , on discovery channel

an astronaut (Gordon Cooper ) was orbiting earth looking for missile sites noticed he was getting pings from various reefs so he mapped them all with a view to explore them for himself at a later date

40 years in and someone has got all of coopers paperwork and so the hunt begins ... bit of a family feud gives it a more dramatic feel than I'd like but  it's going to be interesting to see if it turns out the wrecks are there 

8 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Superb first episode of American Gods.

Visually incredible too.

Looks like they might just have nailed the improbable. 

Just watched it and thought it was an excellent start. 

Agree on the visuals. Stunning looking show. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Great end to Line of Duty.

Don't think it lived up to the previous series but still managed to fool me when I thought it was going to peter out to a pretty simple finale.

Agree, I felt it could have really benefitted from being a 90-minute episode like the last episode of series three was.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Just started Atlanta, seems pretty good so far.

Started and finished the first season yesterday, I liked it but it definitely held back on some of the story lines so I guess there is more to come when it returns.

I couldn't quite work out what genre it was operating under, some of it was funny, some of it was serious, i'll be looking out for S2 to make a proper judgement on this one.

Edited by AVFCDAN

First episode of American Gods looks promising, should be fun. Ian McShane is usually brilliant.

First 3 episodes of The Handmaid's Tale also look rather interesting.

Quite obvious it's intended as a "what if" scenario about today's society, and that's fine. Hopefully it won't get too in your face obvious with it's references. 

Think they were clever in releasing 3 episodes at once as it intentionally is a bit slow burning.

It's probably lucky the Handmaids Tale isn't currently being shown in the UK. A lot of old GCSE English coursework would probably come flooding back to vast swathes of the country.

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Thought Line of Duty was a bit of a mess to be honest. 

I always feel the last episodes seem a bit rushed. 

Still great TV though. 

• Like 1

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 14:20, sheepyvillian said:

Car Share , if ever there was a cure for depression.  And I thought Peter Kames best days were behind him .

Done and dusted according to Peter Kay yesterday.

Series 2 consists of 4 episodes! America could learn a few things from us when it comes to quality over quantity.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I am going to be slated here...but seen two episodes of game of thrones and it seems so over rated 

Two episodes isn't anywhere near enough to judge it. You won't be the only one who thought that after a few episodes.

I weren't that keen on it til season 2 I think. 

Edited by PieFacE

41 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Looks class, the only downer ...

Reveal hidden contents

Why elektra? Couldn't that clown stay dead?! Shit character in daredevil.

Have to agree, a trifle annoying.

42 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Looks class, the only downer ...

Reveal hidden contents

Why elektra? Couldn't that clown stay dead?! Shit character in daredevil.

Just now, theboyangel said:

Have to agree, a trifle annoying.

It was inevitable. (Daredevil S2 spoilers)

Spoiler

Elektra's death/burial and the obvious connection with the Hand meant she was always coming back. I don't like Elektra in any medium, and I thought Elodie Yung was weak in the role, so I'm not jumping for joy, but equally it's expected. At least she looks a bit more Elektra-y now. Not comic book accurate but better.

My main worry is the villain and plot. It's the bloody Hand again as expected, and no-one knows who Weaver's Alexandra is. If it's another 'suit' fronting for the Hand they've **** up. If they don't extrapolate the Hand, their threat and the extent of their aims, they've **** up. In fairness (mild Iron Fist spoiler)

Spoiler

they did flesh out the Hand in Iron Fist, which was welcome,

but nothing like what this needs to do. We've already established that Daredevil can fight dozens of them more or less on his own... Add in a super strength bullet proof guy, a super strong woman, and magic martial artist trained to fight them? They need to be more than zombie ninjas now.

There was such an easy plot they could have done for this which ties to Iron Fist and builds on the story they wanted to use.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It was inevitable. (Daredevil S2 spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

Elektra's death/burial and the obvious connection with the Hand meant she was always coming back. I don't like Elektra in any medium, and I thought Elodie Yung was weak in the role, so I'm not jumping for joy, but equally it's expected. At least she looks a bit more Elektra-y now. Not comic book accurate but better.

My main worry is the villain and plot. It's the bloody Hand again as expected, and no-one knows who Weaver's Alexandra is. If it's another 'suit' fronting for the Hand they've **** up. If they don't extrapolate the Hand, their threat and the extent of their aims, they've **** up. In fairness (mild Iron Fist spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

they did flesh out the Hand in Iron Fist, which was welcome,

but nothing like what this needs to do. We've already established that Daredevil can fight dozens of them more or less on his own... Add in a super strength bullet proof guy, a super strong woman, and magic martial artist trained to fight them? They need to be more than zombie ninjas now.

There was such an easy plot they could have done for this which ties to Iron Fist and builds on the story they wanted to use.

Exactly daredevil alone can wipe out the hand add Luke cage and there needs to be four sets of hands to even stand a chance! I'm hoping weavers character recruits kingpin,  resurrects kill grave and Harold mechum to take on the defenders. ( not gonna happen though unfortunately)

i also hoping the punisher will be involved, he was awesome in daredevil season 2

Edited by Demitri_C

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I watched 13 Reasons Why last week, I can see why it's causing a stir with the kids and parents alike.  Also, the main girl has a nice arse.

I'm 9 episodes in, surprised me how much I've enjoyed it

yank high school seems an incredibly strange world that I'd love to experience despite knowing I'd absolutely **** detest it, especially the house parties 

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Exactly daredevil alone can wipe out the hand add Luke cage and there needs to be four sets of hands to even stand a chance! I'm hoping weavers character recruits kingpin,  resurrects kill grave and rands uncle to take on the defenders. ( not gonna happen though unfortunately)

i also hoping the punisher will be involved, he was awesome in daredevil season 2

The assumption has to be they power up the Hand. Elektra will be major threat, I'd bet they bump her skills up. As for Alexandra? Who knows. Some people guessed

Spoiler

She might be Mephisto, Marvel's version of the Devil really. But the showrunners have said they didn't want to go too supernatural...

I'm expecting the show to disappoint on plot tbh.

My idea was to have Iron Fist act as a setup. Madame Gao is revealed as a ancient commander of the Hand, from one of the other Heavenly Cities, get protege is Steel Serpent, Danny's childhood rival. In flashbacks to K'un Lun Danny defeats the Steel Serpent, cut back to present day doing whatever plot you want, but in the finale have it revealed Gao and the Serpent are involved in whatever plot started with Daredevil S1. Then the Defenders deals with the aftermath and how they defeat them and save New York.

But then they didn't do much of that.

Hell I'd have taken them just shoving any C level villain as a head of the Hand. Taskmaster would have been great. Stupid villain but could be a threat to the Defenders (his power is mostly his ability to learn the fighting style of any opponent and thus can counter anything) and isn't so beloved or attached to anything that shoving him in a Hand story wouldn't hurt.

My one hope? It sets up a Moon Knight show. Please.

Â