Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

This weeks BCS = :)

Reveal hidden contents

Mike and the shoes...absolute genius writing.

I thought it was a little far fetched personally but still very good :-)

6 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

s2 I've been told disappoints massively with the new characters/story/setting.

I am one of the few that enjoyed it.

Just don't think of it as season 2 at all and you'll be fine.

It's basicaly a completely different show, (Cast is different, location is different, plot is different) anyway so treat it for what it is, A more than enjoyable 8 hour police drama with good performances from Colin Farrell & Rachel McAdams

• Like 1

Has anyone watched more than 2 episodes of marvels 'Iron fist'? After 2 episodes I can't imagine watching another.

Its really bad, like terrible. I'm struggling to see the association with marvel. Its almost like they gave the show the go ahead but didn't watch any scenes before allowing it to go to air. 

If someone out there can vouch for the show I will persevere. If not you'll find me in 'what are you reading' thread. 

29 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Has anyone watched more than 2 episodes of marvels 'Iron fist'? After 2 episodes I can't imagine watching another.

Its really bad, like terrible. I'm struggling to see the association with marvel. Its almost like they gave the show the go ahead but didn't watch any scenes before allowing it to go to air. 

If someone out there can vouch for the show I will persevere. If not you'll find me in 'what are you reading' thread. 

Have you watched any of the other Marvel TV shows? Daredevil and Jessica Jones are good, while Luke Cage was boring. I thought Iron Fist was... ok. Alot of the negativity towards Iron Fist might be due to it being compared to DD and JJ.

I endured through IF because of the closure needed when Defenders comes out later in the year, when all those characters come together to fight Ripley. Hoping very much it doesn't suck.

I have really enjoyed the first two seasons of Better Call Saul, but I am holding off from watching any of the third season just yet.

I hated waiting for the next episode, so when the series is finished its course, I will binge watch the shit out of it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I finished it.

It gets better. It never particularly gets great, but it improves into an OK but flawed show, then has a weak final episode.

I'd place it below both series of Daredevil and Jessica Jones, but it's better than Luke Cage.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I stuck with it because I ... ( I don't know why now )

It's hot garbage . It looks cheap, the acting is crap and I have seen better fights in the Leopard pub back in the 90's.

• Like 1

On 18/04/2017 at 09:11, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I'm getting this. I'm loving it but it is utterly absurd really. It's amazing how many properly serious serial murderers/terrorists are committing these crimes all the **** time.

But also very convenient of them to do it one after the other with no overlap :)

Luckily Luther guesses everything right all the time, so it's all fine.

From a timeline 'no overlap' point of view, I tend to just think that he's not the entire police force and that other murders may be getting dealt with by other police, and that we're just seeing the 'Luther' timeline.  When you think about it, that's much less ridiculous than Luther being a one-man police force.

As for his flat.  I just had it down as a visual example of the single-mindedness of a man who has prioritised his career over and above everything else in his life.

Oh and what about Ruth Wilson :)

Spoiler

fap-fap-fap.gif

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

I stuck with it because I ... ( I don't know why now )

It's hot garbage . It looks cheap, the acting is crap and I have seen better fights in the Leopard pub back in the 90's.

That's the bit that I can't believe, the acting! Its not even bad, its terrible, like they've grabbed random people off the street and made them act.....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Bit late to the party with this but True Detective s1. An absolute masterclass from start to finish. I think it could possibly be one of the greatest series of anything of all time. Everything was perfect.

The atmosphere created throughout was so deep. That seven minute one take in the ghetto houses was sublime.

Just an immensely enjoyable eight episodes of TV.

10/10. 

s2 I've been told disappoints massively with the new characters/story/setting.

I tell anyone who hasn't seen them, to watch S2 first. 

That way, you watch a half decent one, followed by a serious touch of greatness and there's no disappointment! 

20 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I enjoyed S2 but it isn't a patch on season 1.

It tries to be way too clever for it's own good.

So did season one but McConnaughey and Harrelson and the dirty south setting made up for it and then some.

The writing on that show is some of the most unnatural, pretentious twaddle you're ever likely to hear, but season one still worked well. Season two has no saving grace. None of the actors shone (Rachel McAdams is particularly awful), it's a dreadfully dull storyline and the setting is hollow and characterless.

Personally think the creator got insanely lucky with season one and was found out on season two.

Edited by Ginko

On 26/04/2017 at 07:31, BOF said:

Oh and what about Ruth Wilson :)

Hide contents

You might want to watch "The Affair" if you like her ;)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm trying to finish series 3 of House of Cards because I heard the new series is on its way but bugger me it's hard work.

Season 4 aired 12 months ago.

Well we are almost done with Chicago Fire & Chicago PD (couple episodes of each left) and Blacklist (2? left), in the meantime Grimm is filing the void, almost finished season 2. After that it'll be Chicago Justice, then Lucifer returns next week, then House of Cards season 5, then Ray Donovan returns.

Will also have a look at Designated Survivor.

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

You might want to watch "The Affair" if you like her ;)

Can't look at her the same way after watching that. Total filth.

• Like 1

Â