Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yeah series 3 is some of the most painful viewing ever with Brody's daughter being a dick but the other series are great, especially number 4.

Homeland is a weird one. 

The original premise and first couple of seasons were amazing. Then it dropped off a cliff, now it's an almost entirely different show, but the quality has picked right up again. 

This season has been excellent. 

• Like 2

I'm gonna shut up now but god damn, I just finished the final episode of The Shield and need counselling . That was one hell of a tense wrap up. I really got into it, just gorged the last few episodes couldn't stop. Might take a piss now, think about eating maybe. Anyone who's watched the shield , what "the one character did" In the last episode , no spoilers, didn't see that coming kinda shocked , you know what he did and to whom .... And the person who the whole lot ends on, you know closing scene it all looked so fitting ... You know like trapped in his worst nightmare, but.... Then he gets up... Whoa!!!! Where the f you going my man??? What you up to! What's happening next ahhhhh!?!? Then, the end! It's like the end of 2001 all over again. I need answers!

9 hours ago, Midfielder said:

this might seem pathetic but recently have got into box sets that have one hundred per cent finished so I can binge through start to end as like with Better call Saul and House of Cards I forget what happens on episodes and series and when new series comes out I've forgot everything. Bad memory I guess. 

Exactly the same mate. I have to binge watch. I can't do it weekly and if I have to wait 6 months for a new series I just forget everything. 

23 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

I'm gonna shut up now but god damn, I just finished the final episode of The Shield and need counselling . That was one hell of a tense wrap up. I really got into it, just gorged the last few episodes couldn't stop. Might take a piss now, think about eating maybe. Anyone who's watched the shield , what "the one character did" In the last episode , no spoilers, didn't see that coming kinda shocked , you know what he did and to whom .... And the person who the whole lot ends on, you know closing scene it all looked so fitting ... You know like trapped in his worst nightmare, but.... Then he gets up... Whoa!!!! Where the f you going my man??? What you up to! What's happening next ahhhhh!?!? Then, the end! It's like the end of 2001 all over again. I need answers!

The Shied is immense. I loved it. So many jaw-dropping moments in it. Straight from episode one of the first series, it slaps you in the face like David Moyes at a Women's Institute meeting and never lets up until the very end. 

Never got the same kudos as The Wire or The Sopranos but its up there IMO. 

• Like 2

Season 2 of Into the Badlands is just as campy as the first season.

Really is silly, silly silly but with lots of fighting blood and over the top violence. 

So all in all rather amusing.

Especially like Marton Csokas playing Quinn doing his best to emulate Kenneth Branagh's mechanical spider driving villain from Wild Wild West.

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

Exactly the same mate. I have to binge watch. I can't do it weekly and if I have to wait 6 months for a new series I just forget everything. 

Damn straight, I know there's many great things happening now like west world , fortitude , billions I hear a lot about, Narcos, and so forth, but I am inpatient and fried memory so need it all on a plate. That's why I picked out Justified as that's all done, and it's got Walton Goggins in who is without doubt one of my fav actors. Only a couple in though

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

The Shied is immense. I loved it. So many jaw-dropping moments in it. Straight from episode one of the first series, it slaps you in the face like David Moyes at a Women's Institute meeting and never lets up until the very end. 

Never got the same kudos as The Wire or The Sopranos but its up there IMO. 

Absolutely jaw dropping at times for sure. Like , no spoilers, you'll remember from this one word: Lem.

w t f. I mean you'll remember, you knew what person X was thinking, from the apparent circumstance of how things looked but shit that was actually moving. Many moments like that. Years ago when it was on I always knew I'd get to watch it one day and glad I did. 9.5 / 10, consistently. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Homeland is a weird one. 

The original premise and first couple of seasons were amazing. Then it dropped off a cliff, now it's an almost entirely different show, but the quality has picked right up again. 

This season has been excellent. 

Interesting.

i think everyone agrees that season 1 and 2 were amazing.

One of the reasons they were great was because of Brody being the main focus.  

Once Carrie became the main focus the series just became unwatchable.

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Interesting.

i think everyone agrees that season 1 and 2 were amazing.

One of the reasons they were great was because of Brody being the main focus.  

Once Carrie became the main focus the series just became unwatchable.

I think Clare Danes is brilliant as a neurotic crazy person. She plays it really well. Don't mean to disagree with you, just my opinion :-)

21 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think you have a secret hate for Damien Lewis :D 

It's not even secret ;)

Irrational? Maybe, but he just makes my skin crawl.

I loved Band of Brothers but he was still like fingernails down a blackboard to me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chindie said:

Iron Fist still won't be wearing the **** outfit in the Defenders.

:angry:

Which means no stunt double and more lame fighting !

They should just throw money at the people who make Into The Badlands to take control. 

• Like 1

started fargo again, id previously watched the first episode at a time when i was watching a lot of tv and i didnt pick it up, i think im about 5 episodes through now, its good, loved the last episode

Spoiler

the greek man found the money from the film, BBT playing the preacher when arrested

its not a 10/10 for me but its a solid 8.7

Â