Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

started fargo again, id previously watched the first episode at a time when i was watching a lot of tv and i didnt pick it up, i think im about 5 episodes through now, its good, loved the last episode

Hide contents

the greek man found the money from the film, BBT playing the preacher when arrested

its not a 10/10 for me but its a solid 8.7

Season 2 is even better for me and is up there with some of the best TV.

Can't wait for the new series.

On 13/02/2017 at 18:35, Designer1 said:

I really, really like Tom Hardy and i think hes a superb talent but I think I'm gonna have to pack Taboo in. It's so bloody meandering and convoluted.

Hmm, I'm surprised at this coming from you.

I just finished the series over 4 nights and thought it was great, especially the last episode.

And my missus is now annoyed because when she asks me something I reply with a grunt a la Delaney :)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

started fargo again, id previously watched the first episode at a time when i was watching a lot of tv and i didnt pick it up, i think im about 5 episodes through now, its good, loved the last episode

Reveal hidden contents

the greek man found the money from the film, BBT playing the preacher when arrested

its not a 10/10 for me but its a solid 8.7

My wife hadn't seen it but we started it again together about a week ago.

Yar, it's great an' all.

23 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Absolutely jaw dropping at times for sure. Like , no spoilers, you'll remember from this one word: Lem.

w t f. I mean you'll remember, you knew what person X was thinking, from the apparent circumstance of how things looked but shit that was actually moving. Many moments like that. Years ago when it was on I always knew I'd get to watch it one day and glad I did. 9.5 / 10, consistently. 

As much as I loved The Wire I probably wouldn't watch it again... yet I would watch The Shield again. 

One for your list mate; Banshee. **** brilliant! 4 series of mentalness. Completely OTT but I was hooked. One of my favourite ever shows and it's finished its run, so it ticks the short memory span box that you like. :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

My favourite Damian Lewis TV show remains 'Jeffrey Archer: The Truth' and nothing will persuade me otherwise. 

I get confused between Damian Lewis and Kevin McKidd

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Season 2 is even better for me and is up there with some of the best TV.

Can't wait for the new series.

I've been slowly making my way through series 2, it's good but for some reason it hasn't gripped me as much as the first.  Billy Bob Thornton was such a great villain.

Just watched the latest episode of Homeland which stepped things up a notch.

On 05/04/2017 at 22:16, darrenm said:

I think Clare Danes is brilliant as a neurotic crazy person. She plays it really well. Don't mean to disagree with you, just my opinion :-)

Oh I agree that Claire Danes plays the character really well.

Its just that the character is really annoying and makes me want to smash my TV up every episode.

Combined with not having the excellent Brody storyline, and it's just unwatchable in season 4 and 5.

• Like 1

Have finished both series of Daredevil and enjoyed both.

thought Fisk was done well, as was John bernthal's frank slade (edit: I mean castle) however didn't like the Electra character. 

All in all pretty good :)

Edited by theboyangel

6 hours ago, ender4 said:

Oh I agree that Claire Danes plays the character really well.

Its just that the character is really annoying and makes me want to smash my TV up every episode.

thats it for me, its kind of like they asked her to do it and sat back and thought 'kin hell shes pretty good at that, lets get her to do it every week...

it grated on me by the end, it got to the stage where her emotional outbursts were so frequent and so dramatic it made the rest of it near implausible 

Edited by villa4europe

18 hours ago, Xela said:

As much as I loved The Wire I probably wouldn't watch it again... yet I would watch The Shield again. 

One for your list mate; Banshee. **** brilliant! 4 series of mentalness. Completely OTT but I was hooked. One of my favourite ever shows and it's finished its run, so it ticks the short memory span box that you like. :)

Thanks bud, new one on me that. from Wiki ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banshee_(TV_series) ) looks like the kinda thing i might take a punt on, sure why not. 

Banshee is an American action television series created by Jonathan Tropper and David Schickler originally appearing on the Cinemax network beginning on January 11, 2013. Set in the small town of Banshee in Pennsylvania Amish country, the series' main character is an enigmatic ex-con (Antony Starr), who assumes the identity of Lucas Hood, the town's murdered sheriff, to hide from powerful crime lord Rabbit (Ben Cross). Imposing his own brand of justice, Hood attempts to reconcile with his former lover, Rabbit's daughter, Anastasia (Ivana Miličević), who has herself adopted an assumed identity, married, and raised a family during Hood's incarceration. Hood struggles to maintain his new identity while still embracing crime alongside his partners Job (Hoon Lee) and Sugar (Frankie Faison), and coming into conflict with local kingpin Kai Proctor (Ulrich Thomsen)

and cheers @snowychap I'll be carrying on with Justified too,. thanks for recdomenddation

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

and cheers @snowychap I'll be carrying on with Justified too,. thanks for recdomenddation

I may have been a beer or two over the top but it's one of mine, certainly - though I have to say I wasn't sure about it after the first episode or two.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Thanks bud, new one on me that. from Wiki ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banshee_(TV_series) ) looks like the kinda thing i might take a punt on, sure why not. 

Banshee is an American action television series created by Jonathan Tropper and David Schickler originally appearing on the Cinemax network beginning on January 11, 2013. Set in the small town of Banshee in Pennsylvania Amish country, the series' main character is an enigmatic ex-con (Antony Starr), who assumes the identity of Lucas Hood, the town's murdered sheriff, to hide from powerful crime lord Rabbit (Ben Cross). Imposing his own brand of justice, Hood attempts to reconcile with his former lover, Rabbit's daughter, Anastasia (Ivana Miličević), who has herself adopted an assumed identity, married, and raised a family during Hood's incarceration. Hood struggles to maintain his new identity while still embracing crime alongside his partners Job (Hoon Lee) and Sugar (Frankie Faison), and coming into conflict with local kingpin Kai Proctor (Ulrich Thomsen)

Banshee is epic, you won't regret it. 

Has some of the best OTT violence you'll see on TV. 

Report back when you've watched the episode where Hood fights an Albino dude in prison, its amazing  :crylaugh:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Banshee is epic, you won't regret it. 

Has some of the best OTT violence you'll see on TV. 

Report back when you've watched the episode where Hood fights an Albino dude in prison, its amazing  :crylaugh:

You're on. Haven't watched any yet but "hood, albino dude, fight, prison" gotcha

mention of OTT violence conjures up images of Bottom where Richie and Eddie would go to town on each other with a cricket bat or frying pan, doubt that's what you mean tho! Banshee... will start tomorrow night. Cheers 

Â