Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I like Silicon Valley but last season was more drama than comedy. First season was brilliant but since then it's got less funny. Still enjoy it, mind you.

• Like 1

I love Silicon Valley - Brilliantly written show. Slightly OT but I think Office Space is a masterpiece (also written by Mike Judge.)

Honorable mention to Beavis and Butthead too for defining the majority of suburban middle class white kids in the US & UK at that time.

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

From my memory B&B film where they had stuff like an actual story and script Was brilliant, th tv show was drivel

For me it characterized most kids my age at that time. Sitting around watching Metallica videos and giggling at words for genitalia. I'm sure it looks awful now but it was bang at the time when I was that age.

6 hours ago, Designer1 said:
7 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Really enjoyed the first season of Silicon Valley. Has some very amusing characters in it (particularly the combo of guilfoyle and dinesh)

will be watching the other two series for sure.

Just finished Season 3 - One of my favourite comedy shows from the last few years.

New series begins next sunday.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Xela said:

Luther is epic. 

Some very good British TV over the last few years. 

Yep. I fully admit that I've shunned british TV, drama anyway, for years. But the last few years have produced some really really good stuff.

• Like 1

On 09/04/2017 at 11:53, osmark86 said:

The expanse. One of the finest sci-fi shows I've seen.

Im ta nating welwala!

Glad to see someone else likes it. I hadn't bothered with it last year but watched all of s1 and the 7 of s2 that were out at the time in 2 days & now waiting for the s2 finale this week. Even bought the books but haven't got round to starting them yet.

• Like 1

On 15/04/2017 at 08:41, Designer1 said:

Just finished Season 3 - One of my favourite comedy shows from the last few years.

It's so good. 

Erlich Bachman is up there with Ron Swanson as one of my fave characters in recent times. So quotable and laugh out loud funny. 

• Like 1

On 15/04/2017 at 12:31, theboyangel said:

Really enjoyed the first season of Silicon Valley. Has some very amusing characters in it (particularly the combo of guilfoyle and dinesh)

will be watching the other two series for sure.

I think the new series airs in the US starting at the end of the month

• Like 1

Ooh, I'm also one episode short of watching the whole series of Guerilla. It's been pretty decent, but I had high hopes of it being brilliant. It falls a fair bit short of that though. Still worth a watch.

Edited by dAVe80

I'm loving Luther, but I have a question.

Why is everything in it used/owned by the police so shit?

Every car they drive is about 40 years old. 

In the first series Luther had a nice flat. In the second series he's living in what I'm convinced is Sean Locke's flat from 15 Storey High. I keep expecting Errol to pop up in the background.
We've seen Mark's flat/house in the most recent episode I've watched too, and that's also a shit hole.

I don't really get that.

Also, I get that Luther is really clever and that. But it's getting slightly far fetched that he guesses everything exactly right all the time. Be nice if he got it wrong a couple of times just to stop me becoming numb to it all.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Luther is absolutely ridiculous.

I enjoyed it but I've seen more realistic Harry Redknapp tax returns.

I watched the first episode, and counted just about every cop show cliche going. It annoyed the living piss out of me.

Finished s1 of Mr Robot - I enjoyed it all but felt it lost some of its appeal and coolness once all the revelations happened towards the end. Spoilers follow.

The mental health stuff is a bit played out for me and it adds nothing and possibly even detracts from the show IMO, they should have just gone with mentor/protege bringing down the system. Last few episodes of s1 were all a bit convoluted and uninteresting due to his illness and some people not being real. Everything up to and including the Steel Mountain infiltration was great, everything after was crap

Rick & Morty - finally gotten around to watching this, finished s1 today. Non stop genius. Terrific silly fun and quite sincere and hard hitting at times. Fantastic stuff.

Edited by Ingram85

Ingram, I'm torn between spoilers and trying to save you your time regarding Mr Robot, non-specific spoiler:

Spoiler

If you thought the mental health stuff was overdone in season 1, just don't bother with season 2 at all. I love the show, but it turns that shit up to 11.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

Â