Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

16 hours ago, chappy said:

Line of Duty 

wow

Don't open the spoiler if you haven't seen s4 e3

Hide contents

what do people think about Steve?

whilst I find it hard to see them killing him off, the groundwork was laid for it with the new guy on the team, and Steve and Kate's make-up curry. Not sure how you survive that attack but maybe he'll live with mental or physical complications.

we are definitely meant to think balaclava man is the husband (well predicted earlier in this thread!) but would he be carrying the black pullover and balaclava with him AND have time to put them on while steve is in the lift?

in any case, very much looking forward to next week!

Spoiler

I think balaclava man isn't the husband, but the other lawyer that he told Steve to go and see instead. He called him just before Steve got to the building.

It's **** good television though.

Just started watching the American Horror Story series. Went in not expecting much, but I am finding them to be quite enjoyable.

• Like 2

Confirmation, that five episodes in, there most definitely is a tittage quota per episode of Banshee. So far it's a hotly contested battle between the Ex versus Amish.

Have noticed too, whoever directs this, sure does like to include an unusual (for tv) amount of male characters going downtown on their women... Just saying. Sheriff needs to keep his shirt on more too. 

Job is a very underused character so far, outrageously camp sort of comedy vehicle.... 

Sticking with it... Was,bugging me who this scumbag biker gang leader then it clicked, Bubbles mate in The Wire, then once that clicked I thought shit yeah Sugar was the Police Commissioner.... Real slow me, sometimes.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Confirmation, that five episodes in, there most definitely is a tittage quota per episode of Banshee. So far it's a hotly contested battle between the Ex versus Amish.

Have noticed too, whoever directs this, sure does like to include an unusual (for tv) amount of male characters going downtown on their women... Just saying. Sheriff needs to keep his shirt on more too. 

Job is a very underused character so far, outrageously camp sort of comedy vehicle.... 

Sticking with it... Was,bugging me who this scumbag biker gang leader then it clicked, Bubbles mate in The Wire, then once that clicked I thought shit yeah Sugar was the Police Commissioner.... Real slow me, sometimes.

It gets better and better up to the end of series 3. Superb TV. Plus the quota of tittage continues.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AJ said:

Just started watching the American Horror Story series. Went in not expecting much, but I am finding them to be quite enjoyable.

Shame about the Titanic eh? ;-)

52 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Better call Saul :D

Interesting first episode of the new series. Have to say I just love the hell out of the show though. Everything about it is just top notch (particularly since s2).

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

Shame about the Titanic eh? ;-)

Unless the ghostly housekeeper's nickname was the Titanic ( A few men went down on her), I am not sure what you mean. Unless, yet. I am only up to Season 2.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AJ said:

Unless the ghostly housekeeper's nickname was the Titanic ( A few men went down on her), I am not sure what you mean. Unless, yet. I am only up to Season 2.

Nothing as clever as that sorry. Just a joke about how long ago Titanic sinking happened.

Oh and welcome to Alexandra Breckenridge. She was Rick's love interest in Alexandria for a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Interesting first episode of the new series. Have to say I just love the hell out of the show though. Everything about it is just top notch (particularly since s2).

The writing is absolutely superb, even better than breaking bad imo.

Spoiler

Mike must have been involved in 20 minutes of that episode and couldn't have had more than 5 lines of dialogue, so impressive.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah it's just brilliant.

And in 4K on the new telly it looks wonderful too.

The scene where Mike stops his car and the thunderstorm was brewing in the background, with lightning striking behind him looked amazing.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've had numerous people recommend Sons of Anarchy to me.

I'm 5 episodes in and so far it's utter **** rubbish.

Does it get better?

Glad it's not just me then. Couldn't get on with it at all.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

The writing is absolutely superb, even better than breaking bad imo.

Hide contents

Mike must have been involved in 20 minutes of that episode and couldn't have had more than 5 lines of dialogue, so impressive.

My problem is that this is the first series of either Better Call Saul or Breaking Bad where I've had to wait week by week to watch it as I've always been late to the party on it.  It's going to test my patience methinks.  Does anyone know how many series they are likely to do of it?

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

My problem is that this is the first series of either Better Call Saul or Breaking Bad where I've had to wait week by week to watch it as I've always been late to the party on it.  It's going to test my patience methinks.  Does anyone know how many series they are likely to do of it?

Don't know for sure but I imagine there's a fair bit of mileage left yet, at least one more season. It's not the weekly wait that gets me it's having to wait a full year once the season ends.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've had numerous people recommend Sons of Anarchy to me.

I'm 5 episodes in and so far it's utter **** rubbish.

Does it get better?

I only made it to the end of the first season. I just couldn't get my head around the main character, Jax.

9 hours ago, Nath182 said:

I only made it to the end of the first season. I just couldn't get my head around the main character, Jax.

It's just pants so far. 

Completely basic, predictable storylines in every episode. Few tits thrown in there to keep the dads happy. Terrible gun battles with absolutely no tension and so far not a single character I could give a shit about as they all appear to be arseholes.

And on top of that, to be honest, it's about a subculture that I just don't like or care about. 

Â