Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

Lucky you .

As was suggested earlier to you: there's the facility on the site to hide spoilers so you don't ruin the show for people that haven't seen it. I'm sure I'm not the only person that would appreciate it if you used it when describing plot and events that have taken place in a show.

• Like 4

Re Line of Duty and spoilers, I'm pretty confident I have it sussed. Heavy plot speculation that may 'spoil' the series follows 

Spoiler

I believe that 'Balaclava man' is Roz Huntley's husband. He doesn't know she knows, but she's covering up for him regardless. 

50 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

As was suggested earlier to you: there's the facility on the site to hide spoilers so you don't ruin the show for people that haven't seen it. I'm sure I'm not the only person that would appreciate it if you used it when describing plot and events that have taken place in a show.

And there's me thinking id done you a favour . Yet another guilt trip . May I offer a profuse apology .

on season 2 of Homeland, while its enjoyable. Its safe to say that Carrie is the worst CIA employee ever. 

Every episode she does something that is a sackable offence especially with who she works for

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

on season 2 of Homeland, while its enjoyable. Its safe to say that Carrie is the worst CIA employee ever. 

Every episode she does something that is a sackable offence especially with who she works for

That's why I stopped watching the end, she's a shit employee, that and her utter hysterics every week which was "great acting" but was annoying as ****...

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's why I stopped watching the end, she's a shit employee, that and her utter hysterics every week which was "great acting" but was annoying as ****...

She just needs a good slap.

Now where is David Moyes when you need him?

On 4/3/2017 at 23:21, sheepyvillian said:

Exaggerated the Exaggerated, I like that . And I respect your opinion , but you know what ? Cause you do .

Well my point was

Spoiler

she wasn't half dead. She was unconscious after banging her head. And I don't remember there being a "pool of blood". There was some blood where she cut her head but a pool is going a bit far.
She also didn't look "fresh as a daisy" the next day. She looked shook and in physical pain from various wounds which she was obviously hiding

Each to their own of course, you don't have to like it. But your criticism of that part seems a bit OTT to me.

(oh, and that's how you spoiler tag things.)

14 hours ago, hogso said:

Re Line of Duty and spoilers, I'm pretty confident I have it sussed. Heavy plot speculation that may 'spoil' the series follows 

Reveal hidden contents

I believe that 'Balaclava man' is Roz Huntley's husband. He doesn't know she knows, but she's covering up for him regardless. 

Spoiler

Yeah I could see that. They've already made it clear that he's not around sometimes and she doesn't know where.
I certainly think it will end up that she didn't kill the forensics guy. 
My initial theory was that it was going to end up that he cut his own throat, probably accidentally in a struggle, but Huntley realised the evidence would make it look like she did it so she tried to cover it up.
But I think your theory has more legs

On 3/23/2017 at 14:37, Davkaus said:

Yesterday, I casually mentioned that I was thinking about trying Battlestar Galactica. Today, a colleague brought it in on 24 DVDs...I'd better get busy.

I only got around to starting this last night. I started with the mini series, at about 9, and thought I'd just watch the first half. 3 hours later I was still sat there, resisting the urge to start series 1 straight away. That was a superb 3 hours. A little bit of cheese at times, but overall it's brilliant.

Those last few seconds!

I started Dirk Gently as well, which I'm enjoying but I don't know why. The main character with his kooky 'wackiness' should annoy the shit out of me, but it's still pretty good.

50 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I started Dirk Gently as well, which I'm enjoying but I don't know why. The main character with his kooky 'wackiness' should annoy the shit out of me, but it's still pretty good.

I'm a big Adams fan and it deviates massively from the source material (in that all it has is his name's Dirk Gently and he's a holistic detective)

But it's actually really enjoyable, and it's all the secondary characters that are great. 

I came on here a few months back and got some TV tips. Long time passed but since have done

Sons of Anarchy

Dexter

Boardwalk Empire

Deadwood - Jesus Christ how (like utopia, did some utter nob decide to can it after two series) 

the Wire 

The Shield - last five episodes to go :(

Justified- started first two but not convinced , will keep going though  

this might seem pathetic but recently have got into box sets that have one hundred per cent finished so I can binge through start to end as like with Better call Saul and House of Cards I forget what happens on episodes and series and when new series comes out I've forgot everything. Bad memory I guess. 

At that time there was plenty people all championing The Wire and Xela I remember said I would be interested to hear what you think of season 2 as season 2 is marmite to some. I didn't actually mind season 2 , I actually like the docks plots more than say the journalism plots in last series for instance. Yeah different roles etc and without any spoilers etc for any Wire virgins, you do always want them to unite as a team like they were in season one throughout  

what I will say about the wire is, what a massive cast it had. I don't know critical analysis just my observations. But it seemed the wire , was not try hard. It didn't rush , it didn't hit "industry beats" like a routine episode format. Some episodes I thought did anything actually happen in this episode? And some episodes I was hooked. The wire I thought was excellent but not my fav. The characters all have arcs and stories and do develop etc but I actually loved Bubbs and his bittersweet journey but I have to say, in the history of TV I rank Ziggy from season 2 as one of the worst blood-boiling, punch your telly, characters of all time  

had nearly two months off work lots of box sets and got seriously hooked on NASCAR but want a new series for when The Shield ends  which I'll miss a lot

something that's ended it's run and is along the line of The Shield Sopranos Soms of anarchy , kinda thing would be great ! 

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

It gets worse every season. 

I'd stop at the end of season 3 if i were you... season 4 and 5 were awful and i gave up watching halfway through season 6.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yeah I could see that. They've already made it clear that he's not around sometimes and she doesn't know where.
I certainly think it will end up that she didn't kill the forensics guy. 
My initial theory was that it was going to end up that he cut his own throat, probably accidentally in a struggle, but Huntley realised the evidence would make it look like she did it so she tried to cover it up.
But I think your theory has more legs

Spoiler

I thought that it had been revealed the forensic guy did it? He was acting really shifty at the original crime scene and he had a balaclava in his bag, right? 

Or am I really stupid?

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Well my point was

Reveal hidden contents

she wasn't half dead. She was unconscious after banging her head. And I don't remember there being a "pool of blood". There was some blood where she cut her head but a pool is going a bit far.
She also didn't look "fresh as a daisy" the next day. She looked shook and in physical pain from various wounds which she was obviously hiding

Each to their own of course, you don't have to like it. But your criticism of that part seems a bit OTT to me.

(oh, and that's how you spoiler tag things.)

I suggest you watch the scene again and look carefully .

18 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:
  Hide contents

I thought that it had been revealed the forensic guy did it? He was acting really shifty at the original crime scene and he had a balaclava in his bag, right? 

Or am I really stupid?

Spoiler

The way I saw that was he was planning on cutting up Huntley and disposing of her, and he made sure he was seen on CCTV in the balaclava so people would assume it was Balaclava Man who had done it. But I guess that doesn't explain why he already had the balaclava.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

It gets worse every season. 

I'd stop at the end of season 3 if i were you... season 4 and 5 were awful and i gave up watching halfway through season 6.

That's where it gets better!

• Like 4

Â