Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Talking of Season 2's... I see Wayward Pines is back for a second series.

I thought they ended the first one brilliantly and should've left it at that - but I suppose TV production companies are all about the money and the ratings and don't care about flogging/rehashing the same ideas over and over again.

Reveal hidden contents

WP s2 now has Jason Patric as the main protagonist as they killed off Matt Dillon in the finale of Season 1 - wonder how they'll shoehorn this 'new guy' into the community?

Not sure whether to watch it as the 'big reveal' has already been done...

Yeah I was surprised when I saw an advert for the new season the other day. I enjoyed the first season, but I am not sure it needs another season and it might have been best to leave it there. Like you, I am in two minds whether to start watching this new one. I guess I will give it a go and see how it goes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Finshed Better Call Saul S2. Superb. In many ways it is better than Breaking Bad, and I can see myself watching it again and again whereas I've struggled to rewatch BB. The latter was visceral, more exciting, and the stakes were bigger, but BCS is just a richer show, with better characterisation and a real appreciation for showing and not telling.

Yeah it's excellent. 

Not sure I'd say it's better than BB, but it's come on leaps and bounds this season.

I had some issues with it after season 1 (1 massive one with the way it ended) but they addressed that almost immediately this time around.

1 hour ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Both are great, although both fall short of The Americans for me, which continues to be head and shoulders above everything else primarily because it has big stakes played out at a domestic level. It's brutal, tragic, exciting, deeply human and expertly crafted. More people should be watching it.

Interesting. I enjoyed the first series but never so much that I felt compelled to keep going with it.

Finished billions tonight , been a great series apart from the last few minutes which was so cliched I can only assume the script writers ran out of ideas , but that aside I can't wait for series 2

• Like 2

23 hours ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Finshed Better Call Saul S2. Superb. In many ways it is better than Breaking Bad, and I can see myself watching it again and again whereas I've struggled to rewatch BB. The latter was visceral, more exciting, and the stakes were bigger, but BCS is just a richer show, with better characterisation and a real appreciation for showing and not telling.

Both are great, although both fall short of The Americans for me, which continues to be head and shoulders above everything else primarily because it has big stakes played out at a domestic level. It's brutal, tragic, exciting, deeply human and expertly crafted. More people should be watching it.

Much better than S1 thankfully. I just got the impression with S1 that Vince Gilligan left it so he could walk away from it if it wasn't well received.

2 hours ago, hogso said:

The mid season finale? Haha yeah, the dude basically saying **** all y'all, I'm going to live with the zombies :D

Victor strand was a bad ass charchter first season then somehow they have ruined his charchter this season. God knows what the hell they have done to nick as well. 

Just boring as well these weak story lines and lame charchters

Finished 22.11.63.

It was OK. Started with a lot of promise I just thought it petered out in the last few episodes. Think it could have been a lot better. 

• Like 1

Finished 22.11.63.

It was OK. Started with a lot of promise I just thought it petered out in the last few episodes. Think it could have been a lot better. 

Having read the novel it is an amazing story and would recommend it to anyone, but can't see how it would transition to TV well enough to do the story justice.

I will check out the series at some point but can't help but feel I will be let down by it.

Neil Gaiman's Likely Stories is about as good as you'd expect a creepy series based on his short stories and with a Jarvis Cocker soundtrack would be. It's a series of short stories and dark fables a bit like Black Mirror, but obviously less tech obsessed. The first story, for instance, concerns a man who lives a slobbish life of loneliness and wanking who gets VD.

It's bizarre, but good. 

On Wednesday, June 01, 2016 at 19:13, Stevo985 said:

Finished Season 11 of It's Always Sunny.

It got very weird, but the last 2 episodes were superb.

I didn't enjoy them. Thought the first episode was one of the best they've ever done but then went slowly downhill towards the end of the series. 

49 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I didn't enjoy them. Thought the first episode was one of the best they've ever done but then went slowly downhill towards the end of the series. 

I'd agree that they went downhill, but exclude the last two episodes. They were really funny.

On 02/06/2016 at 10:55, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

The Americans?  Really? 

I've tried that a couple of times and thought it was distinctly average and kept losing my interest with it. 

• Like 1

Â