Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

It's alright to start with.

Then when Danny De Vito turns up (although not strictly down to him, it just coincides with the timing) it turns into one of the best comedies ever. Imo.

• Like 3

15 Years after it aired i finally got round to watching Band of Brothers last week, Now watching The Pacific this week.

No idea why it has taken me this long to get round to watching them but well worth a watch if you haven't seen them & like WW2 stuff. 

Easily doable in a week/weekend with only 10 X 1 hour(ish) episodes each

Edited by LakotaDakota

It's alright to start with.

Then when Danny De Vito turns up (although not strictly down to him, it just coincides with the timing) it turns into one of the best comedies ever. Imo.

I thought that but after rewatching the first series it's just as good, in fact it's a little bit more daring but just as funny. To me anyway.

So then guys...

Always Sunny in Philadelphia...

What's it about and why should I start watching? 

If you like laughing at some really dark stuff that's made to seem really light then it's the best thing you'll ever watch. E.g. a girl getting water boarded in a urinal while her brother is urinating in the one next to it.

Makes it sound terrible but it's hilarious.

14 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I thought that but after rewatching the first series it's just as good, in fact it's a little bit more daring but just as funny. To me anyway.

I think a lot of comedies take a couple of seasons to get into. Once you learn the characters then you start to get the humour. 

So that doesn't surprise me.

Sky+ box went caput over the weekend...

Hadn't even started watching the latest Game of Thrones, Gamorrah, Peaky Blinders, Billions and Banshee which were all merrily being compiled and waiting to be bulk viewed....

I'm not having the best of times with movies/tv this week (see The Film Thread for tonights fiasco!)

Fortunately I've been upgraded onto Sky HD and have access to the Box Sets etc but already noted GoT latest season isn't on there yet :(

I'm on episode 3 of 22.11.63

not as good as Quantum Leap and notepads instead of ZIggy and flashbacks instead of Al is a bit duff but it's still quite good viewing 

looking forward to seeing how it all pans out 

• Like 1

Started watching Carnivale on the advice of someone I trust re- tellybox stuff.

Also started Preacher and have watched both episodes but as I know absolutely nothing about it, I suspect it's largely going over my head as to how good or bad it is compared to the comics.  People are raving about it.  To me it's fairly OK.

Actually you've just reminded me.  That Oirish accent on Cassidy.  Sweet Christ on a bicycle.  I wouldn't be surprised if Americans genuinely struggle to understand what he's saying some of the time.

Spoiler

"I'm a 119 year old vampire from Dublin City".  No.  No, you're not.  You're a 119 year old vampire from Hollywood's mythical Darby O'Gill village.

4 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Cass' reaction to Arseface was perfect. 

The chainsaw slowly running up the aisle had me in stitches.

My main criticism at the moment is Tulip being too much of a caricature. The same can be said for Cass but he is this larger than life Irish caricature so Gilgun nails it (how it plays in Ireland I've no idea...).

Edited by Chindie

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

My main criticism at the moment is Tulip being too much of a caricature. The same can be said for Cass but he is this larger than life Irish caricature so Gilgun nails it (how it plays in Ireland I've no idea...).

Yep, Tulip is the only slight issue I have with it at the moment.

Not Ruth Negga's performance as I think that's fine, but the book/TV show versions are poles apart, and I just way prefer the fractured, less 'sassy' Tulip from the books.

Really digging The Americans.  It's basically about the world I was born into, I was aware of the Cold War when I was growing up but too young to understand it so it's always been a curiosity to me.  I've kinda lapped up Cold War/Spy stuff ever since, really loved things like Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy but this is making an incredibly good first impression on me. Fantastic television. 

On 6/8/2016 at 20:01, LakotaDakota said:

15 Years after it aired i finally got round to watching Band of Brothers last week, Now watching The Pacific this week.

No idea why it has taken me this long to get round to watching them but well worth a watch if you haven't seen them & like WW2 stuff. 

Easily doable in a week/weekend with only 10 X 1 hour(ish) episodes each

I like The Pacific so much I read the two books that it draws most of it's material from.   Dunno if you play video games or not but the last WW2 themed Call of Duty game ('world at war') lifts quotes verbatim from the book by Sledge. It's an interesting little bit of deja vu. 

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

orange is the new black season 4 is out 17th June

If anyone needs something to fill the gap in the meantime check out Vis a Vis (or Locked Up to give it it's English title)

It's Spanish, and a blatant rip off of OITNB, but slightly darker. I'm slowly getting through it, but  it's worth a watch.

Edited by Stevo985

Â