Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

4 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

After a shaky first episode Vinyl has got better and better.

Third episode was particularly excellent and Cannavale is smashing it out the park.

I thought the Alice Cooper story line was pretty cool. There have been some great comedy moments in the series so far. The bit Bruce Lee bit, in the office, last week had me howling.

• Like 2

Ian McShane cast as Mr.Wednesday (American Gods)

Deadwood star Ian McShane has joined Starz’ American Gods adaptation as the central character Mr Wednesday…

Ever since the news first broke of Starz producing a TV adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s American Gods fantasy novel, one the big questions has been ‘who will play Mr Wednesday?’ This hugely popular character is a mysterious figure who works on Earth as a conman while recruiting other powerful beings for the war between the old gods and new.

Yep, that's a good bit of casting :thumb:

That's a very very good choice. I'm hoping the casting can maintain that kind of quality because if there's even one bum choice this show will wobble and potentially collapse IMO. It's a fantastic, fantastic story, but heavily weighted on how great the characters are. Even the minor ones.

Ian McShane though... That's a great bit of casting for that character.

• Like 2

On 3/2/2016 at 12:17, Designer1 said:

After a shaky first episode Vinyl has got better and better.

Third episode was particularly excellent and Cannavale is smashing it out the park.

im still not hooked, cannavale is brilliant in it but im not sold on his character, think the main story line is a bit simplistic, so unless the nasty bits story goes somewhere other than potentially being amazing but hes a smackhead so they wont...then i think its too safe, with then some tacked on story lines that are drivers, the reason he's gone off the rails for example, the inclusion of the mob, that all feels a bit forced to me, im not convinced by the writing yet

the black bloke is the most interesting part

there are some really cool bits, agree about the alice cooper stuff, and a lot of the name dropping stuff really works where i thought that would be where it fell down

somewhere between the building collapsing and the cockney robert plant ive come to the conclusion that i really didnt like the 1st episode

House of Cards needs a bounce back after a weak third series. Early word suggests it does, thankfully, although a greater focus on Claire Underwood concerns me. She's a deeply unlikable character, unlike Frank who you end up rooting for despite how evil he is, she is just this hateful presence through the whole show.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chindie said:

House of Cards needs a bounce back after a weak third series. Early word suggests it does, thankfully, although a greater focus on Claire Underwood concerns me. She's a deeply unlikable character, unlike Frank who you end up rooting for despite how evil he is, she is just this hateful presence through the whole show.

I couldn't agree more. I can't abide her character. 

29 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Watched the first episode of Narcos today, looks pretty good.

It's absolutely brilliant IMO. 

Can't wait for the next series. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I couldn't agree more. I can't abide her character. 

She's keeping form...

Watched 3 episodes back to back and it's stormed back to previous standards. Great series so far.

17 hours ago, norwegianvillain said:

Vern watching the first 6 seasons of Californication in less than a month, exceptional stuff! Especially the first 4 seasons

Yeah, first 4 series are superb. Last 3 aren't quite the same standard 

On 05/03/2016 at 02:10, norwegianvillain said:

Vern watching the first 6 seasons of Californication in less than a month, exceptional stuff! Especially the first 4 seasons

Just started the 3rd and feel likes its dropped. Hope it gets better as first two were brilliant.

Finished gommorah recently and can't wait for the next series. 

On 4. mars 2016 at 21:18, Chindie said:

She's keeping form...

Watched 3 episodes back to back and it's stormed back to previous standards. Great series so far.

Just did the same. Really good so far, I agree.

Â