Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

More Elektra focused second trailer. Looks decent although seems like theres potentially a lot going on in this series.

Early reviews have also come out which seem to suggest the series suffers from the same issues as the first but also has the same positives to weigh those out. Also new suit for Murdock. Sort of. Still not exactly the traditional look, but they'll never do that so this is close enough.

Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

Watching the Daredevil trailer again, I'm still not feeling Elektra. There's more than a little mahogany going on there... The casting in all of Netflix's Marvel stuff to date has been pretty solid (I still think Foggy is... a weaker cast member let's say) but Elektra looks a miss at the moment. If that's the case I hope she's very much supporting cast.

Saying that I'd have said that even if the best actress on the planet was playing her.

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Trailer doing the rounds for Tom hardy / Ridley Scott new series on BBC, called taboo

I might refuse to watch it just because his dad who co-wrote decided to go by the name of "chips" ... Which is only a acceptable If he is a huge fan of Officer Poncherello and no other reason

Edited by tonyh29

The guy that plays Loris Tyrell in Game of Thrones (the gay knight) has been confirmed to play Danny Rand, the Iron Fist, in Iron Fist by the looks of things.

Either he's secretly Bruce Lee, or this show is gonna need some bloody good stuntmen and body doubles. The whole point is he's an insanely good martial artist. All he'd have to do otherwise is basically be Tony Stark crossed with Spiderman.

Depends what insanely good martial arts is nowadays, personally I love it, watched Marco Polo, they nailed the hundred eyes stuff IMO

Martial arts mans different stuff to different audiences, hopefully they'll come up with some cool as **** stuff as a way of differentiating it front the other 3

On a tangent from that, I think crouching tiger hidden dragon 2 hits Netflix this weekend, the first one was a different ball game to me, it's kind of like fantasy martial arts beautifully done even if it is exaggerated, do people want flying round the room awesomeness or gritty realism? Gritty realism is already being done by daredevil

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

The guy that plays Loris Tyrell in Game of Thrones (the gay knight) has been confirmed to play Danny Rand, the Iron Fist, in Iron Fist by the looks of things.

Either he's secretly Bruce Lee, or this show is gonna need some bloody good stuntmen and body doubles. The whole point is he's an insanely good martial artist. All he'd have to do otherwise is basically be Tony Stark crossed with Spiderman.

Yeah but you also don't want them played by a great martial artist, who can't act for shit.

1 hour ago, jon_c said:

Yeah but you also don't want them played by a great martial artist, who can't act for shit.

True...

One of the obvious choices was local guy Scott Adkins, who is a good martial artist and also can act. Unfortunately he's probably just slightly too old, and he's been cast in Dr Strange anyway.

Hopefully Loras can do the part proud. I've got a soft spot for the character which has me hoping they follow the Brubaker/Aja style from the Immortal story arc...

It's actually caused a slightly bizarre critical reaction on some forums which is amusing. Marvel have been criticised for a while for being a bit too white bloke centric in their characters, which is why they've been pushing some of the more diverse characters they have recently. There was a sudden opinion that Iron Fist, a strange 70s character born out of the Bruce Lee boom, was an obvious cover to tweak a little and make the character an East Asian American, because the character isn't really defined by his background at all and there was an uneasy feeling that having a blond white guy being a martial arts master was a bit racist. But then they've cast a white guy so there's been a backlash. Which is amusing because the whole backlash arises from people wanting to have a character that was even more racially stereotyped by making the character Chinese American or the like.

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Having just got back from Iceland my desire to see cold landscapes made me start watching 'Fortitude' (I know it's not set there but filmed there).

It's really good stuff, ploughed through 7 episodes yesterday.

I thought it was disappointing. Fortitude that is, not Iceland, not been there yet but want to! 

On 26/02/2016 at 12:11, wazzap24 said:

I've come to the conclusion that Ron Swanson is the greatest fictional TV character of all time. 

Good call but still behind Hank Moody for me! 

14 hours ago, Xela said:

I thought it was disappointing. Fortitude that is, not Iceland, not been there yet but want to! 

Yep. Starts really well. By the end I already felt it was getting Lost-esque, i.e. there wasn't any long term plan.

it's definitely worth watching though.

On 26/02/2016 at 12:11, wazzap24 said:

I've come to the conclusion that Ron Swanson is the greatest fictional TV character of all time. 

It's close, but I think Admiral/President Benson probably just pip him for LOL moments.

Â