Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Can't bloody wait for this :)

If it keeps up the high standards of the first series i'll be a very happy chappy.

I thought right away that Bernthal could be an awesome Frank Castle.

Looks like I won't be disappointed. Could be another series where the villain steals it, although this time it's a little more complex than that as Castle should be the definition of an anti hero...

Hype rising.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I thought right away that Bernthal could be an awesome Frank Castle.

Looks like I won't be disappointed. Could be another series where the villain steals it, although this time it's a little more complex than that as Castle should be the definition of an anti hero...

Hype rising.

One of the many reasons I loved the first series so much was down to the writing of Wilson Fisk's character. He was a monster overall, but it was never written bluntly and never, ever black and white. I hope the writers have transferred that onto Frank Castle because his character could be a goldmine of morally ambiguous carnage.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

One of the many reasons I loved the first series so much was down to the writing of Wilson Fisk's character. He was a monster overall, but it was never written bluntly and never, ever black and white. I hope the writers have transferred that onto Frank Castle because his character could be a goldmine of morally ambiguous carnage.

Agree. Fisk is basically evil, but the series was careful to show there was a nuance to it, he has depth. Castle as you say is a goldmine for similar because he's defined as a character by being on the side of right but going about it completely wrong.

The only thing that concerns me really is Elektra. Never liked the character and I'm concerned she's been shoehorned in due to the history of the character with Daredevil, and the actress they've got is a gamble.

OJ tonight on BBC and then The night Manger starts next week

best hurry up and finish watching Fargo 2 so I've got some room on the sky box ... Or live dangerously and delete some of the kids stuff 

Spoiler

on OJ it's interesting that there is a lot of stuff out there that his son was the killer and whilst circumstancal does offer quite a compelling case against him

Edited by tonyh29

Finished episode 1 of vinyl, it's got some work to do, it's not just missing that something special it's missing quite a bit, the main bloke was ok but a bit by the numbers (actor dragged him through) support cast are a mix of throw away or been done better (Peggy > Juno temples character) chunk of it felt forced and I absolutely hated the final scene

Going forward they have to spread the love across the cast and they definitely definitely need to involve 70s New York more, should be one of if not the main driver for this and it was really under used, if they show some wire-esque love of their city setting in this then it'd be far better, they got the 70s with the look and the music but ignored the city

• Like 1

Yeah, i'd go with most of that. ***EDIT re.Vinyl***

I enjoyed it but for me there was a lack of connection to the main character which didn't improve for the whole duration. Also agree about some of the scenes being forced (scene in Max Casella's office being a prime example). I did however, really like the stuff with Lester Grimes.

Certainly didn't grab me anywhere near as much as the first episode of Boardwalk Empire did, but it's very early days.

Edited by Designer1

43 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Best Episode of The Walking Dead in quite some time! 

Yeah, problem is the inevitable slumber it will fall in to until the last couple of episodes -_-

Â