Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

16 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I finally watched Man in the High Castle over the last week.

Enjoyed it. It's more of a study of an idea than it is a real storyline, but that doesn't seem to matter really. Looks great, some good performances, particularly Rufus Sewell, and doesn't outstay its welcome. Good stuff.

I read the book a little while ago.  I'm not really sure I understood the ending.  I'll have to get round to watching it at some stage.

12 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I read the book a little while ago.  I'm not really sure I understood the ending.  I'll have to get round to watching it at some stage.

I've never read the book, but I understand it's a little different. The meat of the plot, which revolves around a resistance movement, is apparently not in the novel at all. That doesn't really seem to matter though because as much as the plot is about the resistance, that really doesn't seem to be the point of the show.

2 hours ago, troon_villan said:

Finished season 6 of Sons of Anarchy last night. Absolutely brutal in parts!

Yeah I enjoyed it, season 7 is good too.

Current fave is definitely Ray Donovan, we have binge-watched all 3 seasons in ashort period and now have to wait a few months for season 4.

Also watched the last 6 episdodes of "Suits" yesterday, triffic stuff :)

48 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

First season of Better Call Saul was brilliant, best show I've seen in years. 

Haven't started season 2 yet, I'm looking forward to it immensely. 

I liked Better Call Saul but can see why some people didn't enjoy series 1.  I think it worked itself up nicely for series 2, which I haven't started watching yet, but it was generally quite different to what I was expecting.

For fellow fans of the Italian TV series Gommorah La Serie. I have just seen news that the second season will be aired on Sky on the 10th May.

• Like 1

Luke Cage series confirmed for a September release on Netflix.

Good stuff. I was never a huge fan of the character in the comics but I think the writers and Mike Colter did a great job with him in J.Jones.

• Like 2

On 13/03/2016 at 14:46, sharkyvilla said:

I liked Better Call Saul but can see why some people didn't enjoy series 1.  I think it worked itself up nicely for series 2, which I haven't started watching yet, but it was generally quite different to what I was expecting.

Agreed, if you are wanting bb 2.0 you are going to be dissapointed. Taken as its own show its a good watch.

Really liked it!

When Better Call Saul was first announced I was expecting a corny "case of the week" type show which would tell a different story each week with how he deals with each case he's working on, with a weak background story. But what they have produced is fantastic and is so so so much better than I was expecting. 

I love the series, in the words of Adam Johnson, it's "class". 

• Like 3

Yep, Better Call Saul is awesome.

Started watching Daredevil since season two is out soon and I hear nothing but good things about the show. Already on episode 6, love it. Nice and gritty which makes a nice change from the relatively light tone of the recent Marvel films (Deadpool not included).

Looking forward to season two already and then I think I'll move onto Jessica Jones since they'll be doing a Defenders show featuring the two. Think I read they'll be giving Luke Cage his own show too.

Currently watching:

Better Call Saul (s2), Vinyl, Penny Dreadful (s2), Walking Dead (binged from s4 to s6 in the last week or so), The Affair (s1)

Also bought the Blu ray boxset of s5 of Game of Thrones so i'm looking forward to that as I didn't watch it when it aired.

Actually that reminds me, and I appreciate this is probably one for the Things that piss you off thread, but non-matching box sets really annoy the **** out of me. I have the GoT Blu ray boxsets from 1 - 5 and there's no consistency of colour or thickness to the packaging at all. First world problems and all that but it irks me no end.

• Like 1

hearing really good things about daredevil S2, which is great considering they've taken a big risk on it IMO its sounding like the punisher is playing a big role in it whereas from what ive seen i dont think the kingpin, who was superb in S1, hasnt been shown at all

still really hoping he'll show up in civil war and they do keep dropping it in to interviews but i think they're just stroking my balls as a way of getting free marketing, im also hoping they dont do something utterly **** ridiculous and recast him for the movies (DC...)

Edited by villa4europe

Â