Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

14 hours ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Started watching 'Justified'. I like it so far. I hope it lives up to its potential.

Very good show and doesn't lose quality as the seasons progress.

The guy playing Boyd Crowder is fantastic, as is Raylan's wife but that might be for different reasons.

• Like 1

Finished daredevil, really good, the start with the punisher is better than the end with elektra IMO, I think they've done something dangerous with the punisher, they aren't going to be able to keep him out of it, they might even have to give him his own series, elektra I'm not convinced by, I think punisher they added the depth to through Karen but he remained a very simple good character, elektra...I dunno, parts of her felt rushed to me, not sure I actually fully understand all of her story

Same as the first series really, the acting, writing and script at times is a bit clunky but the whole thing just works really well

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah Community is superb for the first few seasons. It takes a nosedive a bit later though.

I can't really put my finger on it. It just suddenly stops working.

They got rid of Dan Harmon the creator. 

Decent episode of Colony to end the first series, but not a good finale. It was barely even an ending to a mid-season, which it kinda is I suppose as it was renewed very quickly. Lots of potential for the next series. 

Spoiler

Really wanted them to take the helmet off the Rap though :(

Really enjoying season two of Gotham. It's the only DC tv show that I've been able to get into.

Is quite dark and gritty; more like the Marvel shows (daredevil/jessica jones).

Finished Daredevil. A really good season, I'm not sure where it sits with Season 1. I think it's more even, is consistently good, whilst Season 1 had a weaker few episodes but also as number of great ones. It's let down by missing a true villain, and feels a little eclectic at times, but it benefits from better performances generally and a brilliant turn by Bernthal. 

Wasn't even quite on board with Elektra, but I dislike the character in the first place. And the Hand never really quite clicked. But beyond that nothing was any great problem with the fundamentals. They even got the costume right. Well better than last year anyway.

Recommended. And cool teaser for Luke Cage. 

I've been watching Man Seeking Woman lately. Easy, watchable comedy, 20-25 min episodes. I got through about 7 episodes in one evening.

The main character is played by Jay Burachel (from many Seth Rogen films).

9 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Well The Night Manager was excellent. 

It was, but I was disappointed by the neat "good guys win" ending. 

There is talk of Le Carré being involved in writing a second series. 

Â