Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 3/5/2016 at 19:55, Xela said:

Really liking the OJ Simpson drama on BBC. 2 episodes in so far.

A great story and I'm hooked as I want to follow the storyline to the end but my God it has some of the worst acting I have ever seen. Travolta and Schwimmer awful at times and Cuba isn't much better. Just looks so fake like cheap daytime TV most of the time. Their obsession with the Kardashians is also annoying me, adding the kids in and out of it only because they are now famous.I hope it improves. I'm 3 episodes in BTW.

Edited by limvillian

Enjoying House of Cards so far and I like the introduction of a sort of class-based rift between Frank and Claire. It may be partially why Frank is interesting despite being a douche: you do get a sense that he's been through shit. With Claire, she just seems like a spoiled Southern debutante whose only motivation seems to be that she doesn't like that Frank has power and she doesn't.

Can anyone help me out, I'm really fussy when it comes to sticking and sitting through a TV series. I loved Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul at the mo. Is there anything similar on Netflix/Now TV?

17 minutes ago, Warnock said:

Can anyone help me out, I'm really fussy when it comes to sticking and sitting through a TV series. I loved Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul at the mo. Is there anything similar on Netflix/Now TV?

What do you like about those shows?

18 minutes ago, Warnock said:

Probably sounds daft but amongst the dialogue/acting I really love the setting.

Hmm, I can't think of anything else in a similar setting... I would have suggested Narcos but that's very different in setting. Great show though.

16 hours ago, limvillian said:

A great story and I'm hooked as I want to follow the storyline to the end but my God it has some of the worst acting I have ever seen. Travolta and Schwimmer awful at times and Cuba isn't much better. Just looks so fake like cheap daytime TV most of the time. Their obsession with the Kardashians is also annoying me, adding the kids in and out of it only because they are now famous.I hope it improves. I'm 3 episodes in BTW.

Yeah the whole shoehorning the Kardashian name into it as much as possible is cringeworthy. Yes, we know who they are, we don't reminding every ten minutes!

Anyone seen Baskets with Zach Gilifianakis?

Started watching it yesterday, it's only got 7 episodes but it's pretty funny. His "mom" is probably the best character in it. 

Produced by Zach and Louis C.K.

Give it a go.

16 hours ago, Warnock said:

Sons of anarchy is very good.

• Like 1

I'm currently watching The 100 season 1, TWD, Grimm season 5 and Vikings season 4.

Everyone knows about The Walking Dead, so for anyone who hasn't watched the others, here's a brief synopsis:

The 100 - Post apocalyptic setting, 97 years in the future. Everyone's on a spaceship but they're running out of air. They send 100 youth offenders/prisoners down to Earth to see if it's survivable. It's about them surviving down there. It's not as good/gripping as the top shows, but it's watchable.

Grimm - Monster killing. That's it. As above, not as gripping as the big boys, but it's good fun. For a lazy comparison, I'd say it's like Buffy The Vampire Slayer, but not aimed at 14-year-olds.

Vikings - A show about the Vikings. Game of Thrones but without the dragons and mass bewbage.

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

The 100 - Post apocalyptic setting, 97 years in the future. Everyone's on a spaceship but they're running out of air. They send 100 youth offenders/prisoners down to Earth to see if it's survivable. It's about them surviving down there. It's not as good/gripping as the top shows, but it's watchable.

Grimm - Monster killing. That's it. As above, not as gripping as the big boys, but it's good fun. For a lazy comparison, I'd say it's like Buffy The Vampire Slayer, but not aimed at 14-year-olds.

Grimm is good. Probably sits somewhere between Buffy and Supernatural.

This 100 gets a bit silly after season one, it's still watchable but Clark becomes very annoying.

18 hours ago, Chindie said:

Hmm, I can't think of anything else in a similar setting... I would have suggested Narcos but that's very different in setting. Great show though.

Fargo?

21 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Anyone seen Baskets with Zach Gilifianakis?

Started watching it yesterday, it's only got 7 episodes but it's pretty funny. His "mom" is probably the best character in it. 

Produced by Zach and Louis C.K.

Give it a go.

agree, really enjoyable

On 3/7/2016 at 18:31, Warnock said:

Bloodline is good but you need to give it a chance as it starts slow but gets better as it goes.

11.22.63 is outstanding.

Mr. Robot is outstanding.

My current favorite is 11.22.63 as its got a bit of a "Back to the future" vibe about it.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
I really can't spell.

Â