Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

16 hours ago, mjmooney said:

(annoying that it's on a weekly dripfeed, mind)

I always forget what's happened previously if I do it that way ... I have to wait for the whole series then binge it over 2 to 3 days 

its a nightmare when they get to something like season 5  as I have to re-watch 1 -4 first !! 

its strange really as my memory itself is really really good , my mates always say if I get Alzheimer's they are all **** as I'm the one that remembers everywhere we've been and things we've done 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

its strange really as my memory itself is really really good , my mates always say if I get Alzheimer's they are all **** as I'm the one that remembers everywhere we've been and things we've done 

I'm the same. Can remember what minor family events happened on precisely which day, and incredibly specific technical details from this we did years ago at work. TV shows though, I can get through and entire season of something and not recall the name of some of the characters.

Think I just subconsciously decided TV shows aren't worth the storage space in my memory

Finally started Succession. 

Couple of episodes in and it's pretty decent so far.

Expect good things.

• Like 4

On 06/03/2024 at 22:11, tonyh29 said:

I watch it through my sky box and if I skip intros on some shows it buffers terribly 

it’s random though so might be down to what the kids are streaming on their phones etc at that time 

Yep I watch Disney through sky and often get the issues, you then have reload and start again 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yep I watch Disney through sky and often get the issues, you then have reload and start again 

Clearing the cache and restarting the TV fixes it for a while, but it soon reverts - the main problem being soundtrack drifting out of sync with visuals. It's the only streaming service that I have this problem with, all the others are fine. 

It's still watchable (as you know, I have low standards, don't see the point of HD, etc.), but it's enough to make me cancel once Shogun has finished. 

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Clearing the cache and restarting the TV fixes it for a while, but it soon reverts - the main problem being soundtrack drifting out of sync with visuals. It's the only streaming service that I have this problem with, all the others are fine. 

It's still watchable (as you know, I have low standards, don't see the point of HD, etc.), but it's enough to make me cancel once Shogun has finished. 

I thought I was the only one with a syncing problem. Every few days it goes out of sync with sound and visual. It always happens after watching Disney+ and then it throws the normal TV off too.

• Sad 1

Weirdly disney is one of the platforms I don't have a problem with.  Prime and Iplayer I have had issues with though.  That's all going through a firestick 

14 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Finally started Succession. 

Couple of episodes in and it's pretty decent so far.

Expect good things.

A family with not one redeeming feature among them all. Except for Shiv's arse ;)

Great TV.

• Like 1

On 06/03/2024 at 22:06, theboyangel said:

Can't say I've had any streaming issues with disney.

As for Shogun, it has started very well indeed, which hopefully bodes well. Just hope it keeps up with the same standard throughout. 

I just started watching Shogun, after reading the book a number of times and liking it. Only seen the one episode as yet and it looks so far like a superb adaptation. Can't wait to get onto the rest of it.

Also I hope they do a similar updated remake of another Clavell novel, Tai Pan, which I also really enjoyed. I know there is a 70's/80's version of it, but after seeing a bit of it, I was not impressed.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I just started watching Shogun, after reading the book a number of times and liking it. Only seen the one episode as yet and it looks so far like a superb adaptation. Can't wait to get onto the rest of it.

Also I hope they do a similar updated remake of another Clavell novel, Tai Pan, which I also really enjoyed. I know there is a 70's/80's version of it, but after seeing a bit of it, I was not impressed.

Tai Pan is one of my favourites along with Noble House especially having lived in Hong Kong. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Villa87 said:

Tai Pan is one of my favourites along with Noble House especially having lived in Hong Kong. 

And while we're on Clavell, don't forget King Rat. 

• Like 2

ICYMI or ICYHSIY

Sweet merciful giggety. There's no way it can match my expectations.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, BOF said:

ICYMI or ICYHSIY

Sweet merciful giggety. There's no way it can match my expectations.

It looks great. As a massive fan of the game series I just hope they nail the story and characters.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

It looks great. As a massive fan of the game series I just hope they nail the story and characters.

Yeah they better have some proper geeks on board who 'get' it.

• Like 1

Watched the first episode of The Gentlemen and I will finish it, but I felt it didn't have the pace of a typical Guy Ritchie piece. 

Just seen another trailer for Fallout on Prime. 

It looks like it will be everything I could possibly wish and hope for from an adaptation.

Looks incredible.

Â