Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

10 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Just as long as it's better than the movie they're onto a winner.

Movie? What movie?

Jokes - I know they made a movie but it was such an abomination that I'd rather forget it exists 

Another gander at Games of Thrones, yes! It really is that good. I must be nearly into triple figures, the amount of times I've seen it, which leads me to comment on just what a phenomenal job Maisie Williams did in portraying Arya Stark. The story arc of the relationship between her and the Hound is one of the most poignant  things I've watched. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

Tried to watch Top Boy. It seemed super fake to me, trying to be "The Wire UK" in a city of 8 million where the homicide rate is actually miniscule. I just sat there laughing, tbh. Then it didn't hold my interest. I'm going to give it another try. I bet it will take on the second time if I can just suspend my disbelief.

I did love Blue Lights, apart from the corny last episode of Season 1, and some of the stereotypes -- the main gangster patriarch's wife, for example. Can't recall her name. I don't know. Working-class comedy that doesn't exaggerate things to the point of silliness is what I usually love most. 

Would like to check out Three Little Birds. Not sure it's available yet in the US. 

8 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Another gander at Games of Thrones, yes! It really is that good. I must be nearly into triple figures, the amount of times I've seen it, which leads me to comment on just what a phenomenal job Maisie Williams did in portraying Arya Stark. The story arc of the relationship between her and the Hound is one of the most poignant  things I've watched. 

I agree.

It's weird they stopped after 6 seasons though. Would have been cool to see how it ended.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

I agree.

It's weird they stopped after 6 seasons though. Would have been cool to see how it ended.

Such a shame. I usually stop watching aftet the battle in the "pitch black".😉

13 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

A mate of mine sadly died of cancer a few years ago. According to his missus, his last words were: "Oh bollocks, I'm not going to see how Game of Thrones ends, am I?" 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

A mate of mine sadly died of cancer a few years ago. According to his missus, his last words were: "Oh bollocks, I'm not going to see how Game of Thrones ends, am I?" 

That's really sad, but luckily he missed absolutely nothing. 

11 hours ago, mjmooney said:

There's no proper emoji for that, so I'm just going to say that's a man who seemed to know what he wanted, and it's nice to see that, innit?

I cracked, and bought Disney Plus on the '£1.99 a month for three months' offer, purely to watch Shogun. Episode One was pretty good, I thought. 

Having said that, the app buffers worse than anything else I've seen. Anybody else have that problem? 

18 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I cracked, and bought Disney Plus on the '£1.99 a month for three months' offer, purely to watch Shogun. Episode One was pretty good, I thought. 

Having said that, the app buffers worse than anything else I've seen. Anybody else have that problem? 

Can't say I've had any streaming issues with disney.

As for Shogun, it has started very well indeed, which hopefully bodes well. Just hope it keeps up with the same standard throughout. 

I've watched episode 3 and love it

My one nagging feeling is that I don't like blackthawn, I'm not entirely sure if it's because I think cosmo jarvis is a bit hammy, it's not full on white saviour yet but to me whereas for the book I can appreciate it being told from his perspective adds a lot to it as a TV show he feels a bit in the way of the more interesting stuff

Sanada should be in more 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I watch it through my sky box and if I skip intros on some shows it buffers terribly 

it’s random though so might be down to what the kids are streaming on their phones etc at that time 

• Like 1

I'm sitting here howling at Larry David using the C - Word twice in the card game, the expression on all the other players faces was just golden. I'm so glad I decided to rewatch from season 1.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Disneys got some good stuff to be fair I think mostly due to fx

Also watch dopesick, then try snowfall, godfather of harlem, under the banner of heaven, only murders in the building, then there's Andor which is top tier star wars 

There's then some good sports documentaries from the ESPN 30 for 30 stuff

Id say the only real disappointing thing about it is the national geographic content but that's more due to being spoiled by planet earth 

If you Google 'Disney Plus buffering', there are a LOT of people having problems with it. I'll certainly stick with it until the end of Shogun (annoying that it's on a weekly dripfeed, mind), but pretty sure I'll cancel after that - there's nothing else in their catalogue that interests me, tbh. 

Anyone been watching Boarders? Difficult subject matter to make a comedy drama out of but they've made an excellent job. 

Another show that probably wouldn't get made outside of The BBC. 

Â