Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

19 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Looking forward to Three Body Problem on Netflix. 

Agreed, it looks very interesting indeed.

however, it’s come at a time when there’s actually some other great programs on (Shogun and The Gentlemen to name two) so have to find time to fit them all in.

in all likelihood, we’ll finish The Gentlemen first before taking on 3BP

44 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Agreed, it looks very interesting indeed.

however, it’s come at a time when there’s actually some other great programs on (Shogun and The Gentlemen to name two) so have to find time to fit them all in.

in all likelihood, we’ll finish The Gentlemen first before taking on 3BP

Well, I've no interest in The Gentlemen, but I wish I could binge through Shogun, instead of having to wait for weekly episodes. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Well, I've no interest in The Gentlemen, but I wish I could binge through Shogun, instead of having to wait for weekly episodes. 

Weekly episodes and adverts. Streaming platforms forgetting what made them successful in the first place.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Weekly episodes and adverts. Streaming platforms forgetting what made them successful in the first place.

If you're watching on a browser, ad blockers still work on the streaming sites. 

Extraordinary S2 (and S1 for that matter). Absolutely genius TV. Hilarious. Just finished S2 and eager for a new season! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jon said:

Extraordinary S2 (and S1 for that matter). Absolutely genius TV. Hilarious. Just finished S2 and eager for a new season! 

It's amongst the very best. 

• Like 1

Hmm, enjoyed season 1 but first half of the new season barely raised a titter at all. Last couple of episodes have been much better. Although a massive gross out moment with one kiss scene. Very depressing episode that one, featuring Julian Barratt's character. But partly I get bored very quickly with young people doing the whole 'aren't I stupid in love' shtick. Either develop and grow up or its just tedious and cringy when one episode it looks like there's some emotional progress and then the next they're back to **** again.

Will say I'm sleep deprived and a tad grumpy at the moment so I might be being harsh, but there were a couple of real duff episodes this season  I thought. 

Ive just realised from watching an episode of Curb your Enthusiasm that the guy who played Martin in The Kominsky Method was the same actor who played the skinny detective in Beverly Hills Cop.

On 18/03/2024 at 23:06, mjmooney said:

Looking forward to Three Body Problem on Netflix. 

Good first episode (don't worry, eight are are available, but I only had time for one tonight).

On 18/03/2024 at 22:52, villa4europe said:

Toranaga is Ieysu Tokogawa, the setting is the late sengoku period 

Id go back slightly further than when shogun is set but not at the start of sengoku, just go to a guy called oda nobunaga, he's the first big character, hideoshi toyotomi being the second (he's the old guy who died leaving the young emperor in shogun) then Tokogawa, those 3 between them unified japan 

Edit - and hoping that shogun is a big global success the next one that needs the big budget TV show is romance of the three kingdoms, a semi fictional book from the han dynasty period in China (dynasty warriors if you know it - and to be fair a bit of my Japanese history comes from samurai warriors) that's got more content to cover, would be like a Chinese game of thrones, there's already been some films on it like red cliff

linked to who mariko is

Spoiler

she is hosokawa gracia, her dad must be akechi mitsuhide, he assassinated oda nobunaga

unfortunately that kind of means I know what happens to her

9 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Good first episode (don't worry, eight are are available, but I only had time for one tonight).

We watched the first two. Really enjoying it. 

• Like 1

Â